Where are the Ocean Biomes?

LASERBEAK12LASERBEAK12 Member Posts: 431
Where are they? I've been gone for a year, came back to check if they were here yet, which they aren't. WHYYYY.

Comments

• tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    Flushed away
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Hunting down steam jetsMember Posts: 721
    Time for some Q/A!

Q: Where's Nemo?
    A: Ocean biome.

Q: Where's Dory?!?

Q: WHERE'S THE OCEAN BIOME?!?!?!
    A: New game.

Q: BUT IT'S ON THE MOON
    A: But that's not a question.

Q: WHERE IS NEMOOOOOOOOOO

Q: uack
    A: giant duck has arisen.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,730
    edited September 22

Time for some Q/A!
    Q: uack
    A: giant duck has arisen.

But that's not a question.
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 704
    ocean biome idea was gross so they decide not to make it
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 354
    The ocean biome was replaced with temperature biome
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 790
    The ocean biome will be released soon! Thank you for waiting!
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,332

ocean biome idea was gross so they decide not to make it

mofc1991 said:

The ocean biome was replaced with temperature biome

Wrong and wrong.
    Shadow711 said:

The ocean biome will be released soon! Thank you for waiting!

Correct-ish.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 836
    Will NOT be released soon! Try keeping up to date on your stuff! :smiley:
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,120
    I think they scrapped it after deciding that it'd cause major lag issues and stuff when you mined blocks under the water in the world. Because, if you dig one block, a whole column of water blocks fall down by one block, and this happens for every block mined, for every person mining. So it wouldn't be viable. Atm, I believe it is NOT set to be released, atleast for now.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,837
    FlynnXD said:

I think they scrapped it after deciding that it'd cause major lag issues and stuff when you mined blocks under the water in the world. Because, if you dig one block, a whole column of water blocks fall down by one block, and this happens for every block mined, for every person mining. So it wouldn't be viable. Atm, I believe it is NOT set to be released, atleast for now.

They'd basically have to redesign their liquid system for it to be more stable and more "fluid" (geddit?) for ocean biomes to become a practical thing.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 790
    Or any coordinates below 0 would have the physics of water, and a texture of flowing water in front of every other sprite, simulating water.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 345
    Multarix said:

FlynnXD said:

They'd basically have to redesign their liquid system for it to be more stable and more "fluid" (geddit?) for ocean biomes to become a practical thing.
    And it still raises the question of if users would need a rebreather, which costs a decent amount of crowns