A small rant.

FallenAngelFallenAngel Over the hills.Member Posts: 7
Im always seeing these "Soon is no good" or "Soon is an excuse!" But why though? Of course, being a little hypocritical, just think about how you would say soon to a big project, sure Deepworld hasn't been its best (as i've read), But why cant we just delete the game, and return to the fourms, read up on stuff and check in later? Not so hard, obviously. But my real point is that why cant we leave the devs alone? I know this sounds stupid, but I use a program called Scratch, and sure its a little childish, but coding is hard. And scratch is too, unless you take real effort and time in it. A simple clicker game is hard, no matter what you do. I did a little of HTML5, that stuff was pretty easy, until you start doing all the server work. So, before you bash the Devs, please take into consideration that coding takes time. And its hard to do something if your under a time limit. And, especially with the deepworld stuff, the animations look so complex, and so smooth, because of work. But another point is, is the graphics update. I dig around the fourms and the tumblr, and the website and jeez there is stuff but the graphics update seemed like it brought deepworld down. Sure it looks pretty solid and maybe better but come on now, the art was simple, brightly colored and everything seemed okay. But there were new animations to make, and even though it may have been easy, the updates and art will have to stay consistent with detail and mixture with everything else. The old textures, as i see looked simple, and didnt require too much art intake.

My third point is the new game. Unity is a good platform, but seeing as its pay to use it monthly, and seeing as the new game will take place on the moon, hopefully this new game will be a lot easier to play on. Porting will be easier, and game development will skyrocket. However, microtransactions seem like a downer. Perhaps use a currency that you earn ingame, ex maybe moon dust or moon tokens, 20 everyday and a 100 max limit in game. And the prices could range 1000 to 10000. The cosmetic looking items around 1000-1500. And the better stuff goes up by rarity and utility. Something like an arcade, and this will help the game a lot. But microtransactions such as buy this for more max limit or this for more inventory slots is a no-go. What people want is a DECENT size inventory, and a max limit, to make it all fair. Microtransactions should also be used to buy currency purchaseable items. 2000-2500 could be a dollar, 3000-4000 could be two dollars, and so on. That is how microtransactions should be used. Another way, is to have an exclusive microtransaction item or items that could be released two to six months from the exclusive item/items release date. That is how microtransactions will benefit people, and how it can benefit the new game. The models or artstyle should be simple as well. Keeping it TOO simple will ruin the artstyle and make it look like an early early alpha. And a super good looking artstyle would be too much of contrast and money to back it up with. For example, (and this will be a somewhat gruesome thing) Madness Combat. The backgrounds are flat, but quality, something you could expect from a game from a company. Perhaps will a little more detail, but Madness Combat looks good to the eyes, not too flat and very smooth.

Those are my rants here, and sorry if it was long and thanks for reading it all if you did. Comment if you agree or disagree and make some points i should know from your point of view on Deepworld's status.

Comments

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,730
    Meh, coding isn’t hard and very time consuming once you get the hang of it.
    The developers have promised us many things over the course of this game’s lifespan and I can’t remember any of them coming true (But that could just be my memory being a feggit). And instead of working on what they promised they... add items like sporks.. and compasses that again were promised to have very useful features in the future but they’re still as useless as the day they got released. Basically, the developers fail to deliver what we asked for. If the community wants a multiple-item trading system please give us a multi-item trading sustem instead of useless items or some order of the moon icon.. And if they for whatever reason cannot deliver something the community asks for (Such as the ocean biome) they should announce it immediately instead of letting players waiting for something that isn’t coming..

About the new game, to me it’s nothing more than Deepworld’s red flag.
  • FallenAngelFallenAngel Over the hills.Member Posts: 7

The developers have promised us many things over the course of this game’s lifespan and I can’t remember any of them coming true (But that could just be my memory being a feggit). And instead of working on what they promised they... add items like sporks.. and compasses that again were promised to have very useful features in the future but they’re still as useless as the day they got released. Basically, the developers fail to deliver what we asked for. If the community wants a multiple-item trading system please give us a multi-item trading sustem instead of useless items or some order of the moon icon.. And if they for whatever reason cannot deliver something the community asks for (Such as the ocean biome) they should announce it immediately instead of letting players waiting for something that isn’t coming..

Wow, so they have been doing things but failed to bring us those cosmetics? I mean, what about Quienen, isnt he the artist behind the game? that possibly explains why, we havent gotten an update from him.

Though, we cant really argue this new unity game is Deepworld's red flag. Maybe its actually time to let Deepworld go and accept a new game. Handling servers for a game you cant really back up takes a whole lot of money. And this new game could be a massive hit. You never know.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,057

Wow, so they have been doing things but failed to bring us those cosmetics? I mean, what about Quienen, isnt he the artist behind the game? that possibly explains why, we havent gotten an update from him.

Though, we cant really argue this new unity game is Deepworld's red flag. Maybe its actually time to let Deepworld go and accept a new game. Handling servers for a game you cant really back up takes a whole lot of money. And this new game could be a massive hit. You never know.
    Quinn is no longer apart of bytebin.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,487

(But that could just be my memory being a feggit).

Please don't use this word. Even when misspelled in order to bypass the filter, it's still offensive and inappropriate. Thanks!
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    Sirentist said:

Please don't use this word. Even when misspelled in order to bypass the filter, it's still offensive and inappropriate. Thanks!
    I was just going to post the exact same thing. this is not acceptable at all.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,730
    Sirentist said:

I didn't misspell it to bypass the filter. Don't put words in my mouth :)
  • FallenAngelFallenAngel Over the hills.Member Posts: 7
    Zacywacko said:

Oh, so maybe thats why updates and items havent been comming out? Or is there another Artist in Bytebin working on it?

• zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Playing Growtopia as zombiekillhaMember Posts: 707
    edited October 2

Sirentist said:

I'm confused why the word 'Faggot' is offensive at all, Faggot basically means a gay dude.

Edit:Btw, I know it is offensive, but it's quite strange. I typically dislike the taboo of 'bad' words, we are just giving it more power, such as the 'N' word. When Pewdiepie used this in an average way, even though he normally says many other 'bad' words. He is called out for this word. People say it has a 'history', even though it was actually used before in an average way, and many other words also have a history. I'm not saying it's okay to swear in an argument of such. That's a desperate way to offend people, I just think it shouldn't give everyone heart attacks when one says a word.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 790

Zacywacko said:

Oh, so maybe thats why updates and items havent been comming out? Or is there another Artist in Bytebin working on it?

I believe either Mike or Frank draw the sprites now.

I know it’s not Lisa because she’s.. a little more on the.... less.. skillful.... sssiidddeee...
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,651
    Shadow711 said:

Zacywacko said:

I believe either Mike or Frank draw the sprites now.

I know it’s not Lisa because she’s.. a little more on the.... less.. skillful.... sssiidddeee...
    Nah it was a team of artists.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,487

Oh, sorry--was actually just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you misspelled it on purpose. :)
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 466
    @zombiecatcher it can also mean a small bundle of twigs
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 836
    edited October 3

Im always seeing these "Soon is no good" or "Soon is an excuse!" But why though? Of course, being a little hypocritical, just think about how you would say soon to a big project, sure Deepworld hasn't been its best (as i've read), But why cant we just delete the game, and return to the fourms, read up on stuff and check in later? Not so hard, obviously. But my real point is that why cant we leave the devs alone? I know this sounds stupid, but I use a program called Scratch, and sure its a little childish, but coding is hard. And scratch is too, unless you take real effort and time in it. A simple clicker game is hard, no matter what you do. I did a little of HTML5, that stuff was pretty easy, until you start doing all the server work. So, before you bash the Devs, please take into consideration that coding takes time. And its hard to do something if your under a time limit. And, especially with the deepworld stuff, the animations look so complex, and so smooth, because of work. But another point is, is the graphics update. I dig around the fourms and the tumblr, and the website and jeez there is stuff but the graphics update seemed like it brought deepworld down. Sure it looks pretty solid and maybe better but come on now, the art was simple, brightly colored and everything seemed okay. But there were new animations to make, and even though it may have been easy, the updates and art will have to stay consistent with detail and mixture with everything else. The old textures, as i see looked simple, and didnt require too much art intake.

My third point is the new game. Unity is a good platform, but seeing as its pay to use it monthly, and seeing as the new game will take place on the moon, hopefully this new game will be a lot easier to play on. Porting will be easier, and game development will skyrocket. However, microtransactions seem like a downer. Perhaps use a currency that you earn ingame, ex maybe moon dust or moon tokens, 20 everyday and a 100 max limit in game. And the prices could range 1000 to 10000. The cosmetic looking items around 1000-1500. And the better stuff goes up by rarity and utility. Something like an arcade, and this will help the game a lot. But microtransactions such as buy this for more max limit or this for more inventory slots is a no-go. What people want is a DECENT size inventory, and a max limit, to make it all fair. Microtransactions should also be used to buy currency purchaseable items. 2000-2500 could be a dollar, 3000-4000 could be two dollars, and so on. That is how microtransactions should be used. Another way, is to have an exclusive microtransaction item or items that could be released two to six months from the exclusive item/items release date. That is how microtransactions will benefit people, and how it can benefit the new game. The models or artstyle should be simple as well. Keeping it TOO simple will ruin the artstyle and make it look like an early early alpha. And a super good looking artstyle would be too much of contrast and money to back it up with. For example, (and this will be a somewhat gruesome thing) Madness Combat. The backgrounds are flat, but quality, something you could expect from a game from a company. Perhaps will a little more detail, but Madness Combat looks good to the eyes, not too flat and very smooth.

Those are my rants here, and sorry if it was long and thanks for reading it all if you did. Comment if you agree or disagree and make some points i should know from your point of view on Deepworld's status.

A small rant can turn into a big one, so KEEP it down ya bugger!
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 433
    Sirentist said:

Oh, sorry--was actually just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you misspelled it on purpose. :)
    Wheeeew. These passive-aggressive smilies.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106

Sirentist said:

I'm confused why the word 'Faggot' is offensive at all, Faggot basically means a gay dude.

Edit:Btw, I know it is offensive, but it's quite strange. I typically dislike the taboo of 'bad' words, we are just giving it more power, such as the 'N' word. When Pewdiepie used this in an average way, even though he normally says many other 'bad' words. He is called out for this word. People say it has a 'history', even though it was actually used before in an average way, and many other words also have a history. I'm not saying it's okay to swear in an argument of such. That's a desperate way to offend people, I just think it shouldn't give everyone heart attacks when one says a word.
    Try google. This is NOT the platform for that discussion. If you really don't understand how words become "bad" you aren't going to learn it here. You also aren't going to learn it by studying pewdiepie.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 836
    lisa said:

Sirentist said:

Try google. This is NOT the platform for that discussion. If you really don't understand how words become "bad" you aren't going to learn it here. You also aren't going to learn it by studying pewdiepie.
    Dood he eckspozed Jak Pool, teh cringest persons alive