We need the 1.0 graphics back !

It's plain and simple that half the player base was lost when the game was completely changed with 2.0 texture update. Just please change it back, it will return old players and bring more players. Please Bytebin, just consider it. I've been playing since late 2013, and I miss those good ole days. I screenshot me entering my own world 3 years ago, and I look at it every now and then to relive the memories. I... Just can't look at the game the same... Please Bytebin... Restore the game to its former glory
image.png
1024 x 768 - 867K

Comments

• ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 128
    I think there’s more of these post then active players in deepworld right now
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 452
    derpdee said:

New graphics are best.

Some things in the new are and some are not.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming I don't know but please helpMember Posts: 806
    tjergoz said:

It wont happen. Even if they wanted, the person who drew the old game is no longer a part of the company.

They could hire an artist who is capable of the old style but then again there is obviously no stable income with the current game and the devs are working other jobs so that kinda throws any ideas out the window for this game, unless they do something that really draws people in we will just continue to see the activity decrease
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 305

tjergoz said:

It wont happen. Even if they wanted, the person who drew the old game is no longer a part of the company.

They could hire an artist who is capable of the old style but then again there is obviously no stable income with the current game and the devs are working other jobs so that kinda throws any ideas out the window for this game, unless they do something that really draws people in we will just continue to see the activity decrease
    I suggested a while ago that there should be a button or a setting preference of sorts where you could change the blocks back to the older version or the newer version. And yes, like you guys said the former artist is no longer with us, but there are probably numerous others who would be willing to work with the Devs for a small sum of money.

In order for the Devs to deliver any profit or monetary benefit of any sort through this game, they’ll need to update frequently, have unique ideas, have special events, update the codex, and go cross-platform(s). You can’t just sit around and pray the current circumstances get better. Because the odds that they will are astronomically low.

I also think this game could easily be in the top 100 Apps should they just sand down the rough edges that've been created over the years.

And the game didn’t lose half of its player base due to the new textures. The game lost more players due to boredom and false hopes than anything and everything else within the game.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371

tjergoz said:

They can’t. We’ll still see the difference. The old style was drawn up by hand. It was for that matter unique, making it hard to master for others who are not Quinn. As much as I also like the old graphics, it just win’t happen. Think of as many reasons as possible to revive the graphics but know that it won’t make a difference.

• ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 128
    This may be stupid but, why did Quinn leave anyways was it because of a disagreement or just decided to move on? Because if they were still close, couldn’t the devs ask him to come back if he was to do the art? Idk it’s kinda a long stretch I realize just wanted to post my idea:P
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,649

This may be stupid but, why did Quinn leave anyways was it because of a disagreement or just decided to move on? Because if they were still close, couldn’t the devs ask him to come back if he was to do the art? Idk it’s kinda a long stretch I realize just wanted to post my idea:P

It was budget cuts, so Quinn took one for the team. He now works at a complany called Tablexi.
  • IamGhostIamGhost Member Posts: 7
    I just don't want to see this game go out like this. And yes even if they release something new, to at least let the community know that the devs still care. And idk why they would have even thought changing the art style would be good to begin with. The original simplistic look is what brought in people like my self, back in the glory days. It's just not fair. I know graphics don't matter for most games, but graphics in this instance surely does.
  • IamGhostIamGhost Member Posts: 7
    It's just, a few years ago.. The devs were making vlogs and other goodies and constantly releasing updates. Bringing new content, they use to show us what they were doing... What's changed? They use to look happy and constantly update us with news and content. But now... We haven't gotten a single update in the past 6 months, wtf man. Even when we did get a update it was just minor bug fixes that we would most likely live without. Bytebin just give us some sign that you care about your community to reassure us that you guys care.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    IamGhost said:

I just don't want to see this game go out like this. And yes even if they release something new, to at least let the community know that the devs still care. And idk why they would have even thought changing the art style would be good to begin with. The original simplistic look is what brought in people like my self, back in the glory days. It's just not fair. I know graphics don't matter for most games, but graphics in this instance surely does.

Again, they had to change the graphics. There was no other way. The person who drew the graphics by hand took one for the team and left. The remaining devs can’t just mimic and master that artstyle on their own, because it was unique, and made by hand. It’s like asking a sculptor to draw a van Gogh.This is not a matter of being fair or not, it’s a matter of there being no other way. It’s these graphics or no deepworld at all.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 193
    I think the graphics in the game now are awesome! The steampunk look is what captured me...

Old graphics are inferior.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,375

derpdee said:

New graphics are best.

Some things in the new are and some are not.
    Hm.... nope everything is better
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 731
    There was a time where I missed the old graphics, but now I’m used to it. You should get used to it, too.