How do you draw?

Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 729
Recently I thought I could be good enough to draw a texture Deepworld-worthy, which is my ultimate dream to make sprites for a game I love, but then it came to me. What’s the best drawing technique? I typically use pencil and paper, but sometimes I do it digitally too. What do you guys use?

Also, this is a kinda in-direct question to who makes the textures for Deepworld, and what they use to make it. Nobody has to use my drawings for Deepworld but y’all better let me pressure them to do it.

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    I honestly feel the most relaxed with Construct 2’s built-in Sprite-and-drawing-and-animation making tool
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 729
    Yours is kinda between what I want. Way too many pixels, but I enjoy making small pixel art or not pixels at all.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,559
    I do mostly technical drawings, but I always use pencil and paper because I don't like drawing on computers
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    Shadow711 said:

Yours is kinda between what I want. Way too many pixels, but I enjoy making small pixel art or not pixels at all.

Well, there is always the quick setting to change the drawing grid you draw at, from just one pixel to.. uh.. infinity?
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559
    there is no best drawing technique
    All people have different techniques, and the only way to find one that suits you is to just try stuff out and find whats your (unique) style
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 729
    Debator said:

there is no best drawing technique
    All people have different techniques, and the only way to find one that suits you is to just try stuff out and find whats your (unique) style

Damn, okay. Back to searching then.