Recurring energy, frost and steam related guns missing their sounds.

ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,061
I’ve made a thread on this before, heck, I think I made two. But this is about the energy, frost and steam weapons not having their sounds.
It all started in late 2013 or early 2014, I always forget, but the sounds to these types of weapons just suddenly disappeared. I thought initially that it was just a device issue, but even using my Mac, there’s no sound. I currently use an IPad Pro to play Deepworld, and these sounds are missing on it too. However, PC still has these sounds. I personally prefer the IPad experience more than the PC one, so I definitely won’t be converting to PC. Was this intentional? Any info? @mikelaurence

Comments

• BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 475
    Anyone else find there kind of annoying?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Hunting down steam jetsMember Posts: 725
    Try giving the weapon to an alt, leaving, then coming back and giving yourself the weapon again.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 973
    Flame and acid have sound for me on iOS devices. If I use pc frost and energy have sound.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,061

Try giving the weapon to an alt, leaving, then coming back and giving yourself the weapon again.

It’s been missing for over 3 years, I’ve tried this a few times.
    Zacywacko said:

It’s been missing for over 3 years, I’ve tried this a few times.
    Try passing it between 4 alts then repeating it THEN giving it back.
    I feel like this is a device issue, but I’ve asked a few people recently and anyone on an IOS device (haven’t asked Mac users) don’t have the sounds. Because I see him lurking around right now, @mikelaurence
    -bump
    He’s gone
  • ShepyShepy Member Posts: 24
    Why don't Energy guns don't make sound either,you would expect a sound like a ZAP! sound but nope.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 347
    Or you could just not use sound at all and listen to music, what I do.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 534
    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.
    Dalts said:

I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
    Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

New conclusion, iPad doesn't have sounds. Newer Solution, get an iPhone.
    Dalts said:

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

iPhone doesn’t work either.
    Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Works perfectly for me.
    Dalts said:

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Works perfectly for me.
    So it even has the sounds effects on the energy, frost and steam? My SE doesn’t have them.

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Zacywacko said:

Dalts said:

Works perfectly for me.
    So it even has the sounds effects on the energy, frost and steam? My SE doesn’t have them.

Weird, you should check your settings.
    Settings:
    C49061D9-D2E7-49E0-85CB-C82C2DD4C3DE.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
    AE153D77-6350-4745-9C31-7D7DFF09340A.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 973
    iPhones, iPads and iPods don't have those sounds. @Dalts is pulling our legs...