Any Word On PC/Steam Updates?

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming I don't know but please helpMember Posts: 830
edited November 26 in Questions
With the little time that I have to play games, Deepworld hasn't taken all that much time in the past year since my Ipad has broke. I have a PC that has the capability to run Deepworld but game play is so slow, clunky and unpolished and just hurts to play and has heavily warded me off and made me just almost entirely quit as I don't have much reason to play due to the issues PC has. @mikelaurence Is there any word on a possible PC update anytime soon that might fix the slow mining, exo suit saving, shooting/graphics for turrets, stretching/layering and movement glitches? Deepworld will always be my favorite game but it's just disappointing to try and play on PC at it's current state. Currently PC is a nightmare to play on while IOS is a lot better polished. I have most my skills to the max and yet people on IOS go zooming by making dungeon raiding in public worlds unfairly difficult. There's a lot of polishing and balancing that needs fixing on the PC and I was wondering if we could expect to see any updates sometime soon, or sooner than soon..?

Comments

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,008
    I would be interested to hear your personal list of most annoying issues in order of annoyance.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,061

I would be interested to hear your personal list of most annoying issues in order of annoyance.

This is in ascending order.
    Missing clothes
    Can’t see onyx ranks or moons
    Slow mining speed
    Engineering not improving steam usage
    Less invincibility frames
    Combat seems to be weaker
    Survival doesn’t do its job nearly as well (especially since it doesn’t protect from acid rain)
    Agility doesn’t work as it should (super slow)
    And lastly, only pc has the energy frost and steam sounds ;.;
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Hunting down steam jetsMember Posts: 725
    Zacywacko said:

Missing clothes
    Slow mining speed
    Survival doesn’t do its job nearly as well (especially since it doesn’t protect from acid rain)
    I can see my clothes, crow (and other’s), and if you use a force shield, you should be good for acid rain. Also, if you play with sound off, then the missing sounds are fixed!
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,061

Zacywacko said:

Missing clothes
    Slow mining speed
    I can see my clothes, crow (and other’s), and if you use a force shield, you should be good for acid rain. Also, if you play with sound off, then the missing sounds are fixed!
    It depends on which clothes, you can’t see onyx crows, they’ll appear as a random crow, usually iron, using a force field to avoid acid rain will deplete your steam in no time thanks to the lack of engineering doing it’s job, and playing without sounds doesn’t feel right to me.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 512
    Actually, the most annoying things for me are mostly the private messages. You can't see new messages on PC. Most of my friends used to try and message me and wouldn't get a response because I had no idea they sent one.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming I don't know but please helpMember Posts: 830
    edited November 26

Here's a list after about an hour of gameplay that I have come up with thus far:

1.) At first entering a world, your exo suit does not remain visible and is off as default, requiring me to type /exo each time I enter a world so my appearance does not look horrendous. This also happens when you lag out and back in, anytime re-logging in your exo suit will be visibly turned off.

2.) Along with the appearance side of thing's the whole changing of your clothes menu is bugged out, and it lacks the ability to pull up the tabs of certain things. Now I was able to open the hat section randomly out of nowhere but I'm not entirely sure how to explain whats wrong other than the buttons light up and are reacted with when you hover and click them but have 0 function besides that, meaning no changing of appearances.

3.) Missing the ability to do emotes of any kind. This isn't a huge deal but I'd still like to attend dance parties

4.) Attempting to mouse scroll in the crafting or inventory is nearly impossible

5.) Nearly every item says "Little is known about this item..."

6.) No feedback when stomping an enemy using the exo suit/only happens sometimes. Not sure if that's intentional, sometimes thing's explode which is very satisfying and other times they just vanish into oblivion, sometimes dropping something like a giblet.

7.) Kind of a complaint more than anything, but North market and Times Squares spawns look pretty much trashed with shells, water, etc just thrown around them.

8.) Background blocks placed behind the left side of spawners cannot be mined as they spawner is protected, also on that note, spawners are left scattered around markets as well, and only replaced the Inhibitor problem.

9.) Teleporters spawn you at the new location 1 block down from where you should spawn, meaning you can be teleported into the bottom

10.) Steam pipes, brass pipes, any pipe or tile mapped object doesn't align correctly.

11.) Balloons do not tile map correctly in edges and look really unpolished.

12.) After running out of a block it still in your hand but is faded red until you switch items and becomes no longer there.

13.) Spikes sometimes hurt you even when survival is high. But only when flying up into them.

14.) Turrets shoot like a machine gun and are stretched super oddly, some don't even show up.

15.) Anything placed on a sign will be covered by the signs text still(Happens with every sign)

16.) Guild obelisks seem to be messed up completely.

17.) Pressure plates behind chests will flash up and down the Z-Axis

18.) Some guns seem to be extremely loud compared to others. IE frost MK3 vs Energy MK3

19.) Clocks have no hands.

20.) Not a very big deal but player on the mini-map does not graphically switch directions when you do.

21.) Cannot see self or others current crow/moon ranks

That's the basics that I've seen so far that were noticeable, I'm sure there is probably plenty more I missed though.

But a few thing's that might give better feedback/smooth out gameplay or just general ideas that would possibly help overall gameplay

-When typing /sit or /dance, possibly making it do the emote would be neat, although having a menu for it would also be nice.

-When using the exo's slam down effect, possibly making the camera and player shake a little would be neat in the sense that it would feel more like you are falling fast. Also maybe even having some sort of particle system go off to visibly show you are slamming down.
    Edited to add: It seems to happen sometimes actually, but not always?

-While snowing, if you are outside you will freeze much faster and will take damage over time due to frostbite

-While raining and outside, you move slower, possibly with a little debuff icon

-While acid raining you take over time damage, rather than instant damage, and also possibly have a corroding effect/particle system happen to show the damage taking place

-While lava raining, possibly having the damage be more rapid and having peoples faces looking really red, like blood boiling possibly for longer times

-Giving deserts sand storms that would make anyone on the surface unable to see and give a blinding effect as well as over time damage, so anyone who wanted to travel might have to wait or get some accessory like exo goggles or maybe sand goggles to continue on and see, while also enduring a slow debuff.

Otherwise, besides that everything in Deepworld is alright at it's current form, just fixing up and polishing everything for PC would greatly improve gameplay, I just wish more competitions would be added and there was more chests of plenty's added to player made challenges and creations. Would give more to do to those who don't enjoy raiding the same dungeons over and over. Hope this helps in fixing up those pesky bugs.
    Post edited by JusticeGaming on
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,191
    1) Mining speed

2) Can't interact with minigame obelisk or increase Pandora level

3) At least two dungeon types are unraidable due to spike collision

4) Portable teleporters don't work (I might need to check on this one, it's been a long time since I tried)

5) Target teleporters land me somewhat left of the intended destination. I'm certain that we're not meant to end up inside walls.

6) Missing emotes

7) I think I have clothing that doesn't display? There are duplicates in inventory.

8) World machines don't display correctly

This is not a complete list, but I'm done for today.