White onyx in space biome?

FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
edited November 29 in General
like and agree with this if you think the space biome needs something else that makes it stand out, space onyx! or something else...
Post edited by Fishbot on
White Onyx.png
493 x 495 - 154K
Teal Hyena's onyx.jpeg
163 x 128 - 23K
«134

Comments

  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    this was something i spent 20 minutes on, basically i just recolored onyx and added some detail, i will work on a different shape and color/etc.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,028
    Onyx is a real stone that is black in colour. If you want a white gem, I'd suggest pearl.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,028
    So there is! I stand corrected :)
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    so your opinion on it being in game? anyways i am gonna go make some art of it.
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    there is almost any color
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,191
    It's so pretty! I love it!
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,730
    Assuming the space biome takes place on the moon (And the moon being pretty much a chunk of the Earth), it’s biome exclusive material (Like beryllium in deserts and diamonds in arctics) should be something that cannot be found on Earth (And thus not on the moon either like I explained earlier).

    So, basically, a matetial that would come with asteroids not from this solar system would make sense?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 256
    maybe "SPACE PEARLS"? :)
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    @derpdee i do to XD ive been modeling a few crystal designs
    for an idea discussion
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 119
    edited November 27
    I love the idea of white onyx in space biomes. White onyx will have to be quite expensive though, if you would like to relate it to real life things. Onyx on earth is fairly common and not to expensive, but onyx is made by strips of chalcendony(Which is forms of quartz)and takes water to form, correct me if I'm wrong. Water is not very common in space, which means greater rarity.Overall I love the idea but I think it would be nice if it was 2 blocks by 2 blocks to also take out the giant onyx idea.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Hunting down steam jetsMember Posts: 725
    Frosty said:

    I love the idea of white onyx in space biomes. White onyx will have to be quite expensive though, if you would like to relate it to real life things. Onyx on earth is fairly common and not to expensive, but onyx is made by strips of chalcendony(Which is forms of quartz)and takes water to form, correct me if I'm wrong. Water is not very common in space, which means greater rarity.Overall I love the idea but I think it would be nice if it was 2 blocks by 2 blocks to also take out the giant onyx idea.

    Great idea!
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 119
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    @frosty and @IronManArcher instead of normal onyx how about a white onyx cluster? a bunch of tiny polished ones! quick spam @mikelaurence before the biome is finished!!!
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 119
    Fishbot said:

    @frosty and @IronManArcher instead of normal onyx how about a white onyx cluster? a bunch of tiny polished ones! quick spam @mikelaurence before the biome is finished!!!

    To by logical there are not many small bodies of natural water in space, which means IMO that cluster would be more rare than giant because there are large ice caps which sometimes melt on mars.
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    Frosty said:

    Fishbot said:

    @frosty and @IronManArcher instead of normal onyx how about a white onyx cluster? a bunch of tiny polished ones! quick spam @mikelaurence before the biome is finished!!!

    To by logical there are not many small bodies of natural water in space, which means IMO that cluster would be more rare than giant because there are large ice caps which sometimes melt on mars.
    definitely. your point being? it is supposed to be very rare like 4x what a normal onyx is worth.
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    the original pic if u want to download
    White Onyx.JPG
    493 x 495 - 34K
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Hunting down steam jetsMember Posts: 725
    Here’s a picture of the finished concept art
    D9F58EE8-8778-42C8-92CE-6C4AC02D763E.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 157K
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,837
    "Onyx is a banded variety of the oxide mineral chalcedony. Agate and onyx are both varieties of layered chalcedony that differ only in the form of the bands: agate has curved bands and onyx has parallel bands. The colors of its bands range from white to almost every color (save some shades, such as purple or blue)."

    I mean if we're going on realism, currently the game uses purple and blue onyx, which are the only 2 colors that it CAN'T be. So I'm not sure how your white onyx would work out.
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    white with yellow parallel bands it would work out in the fact that water IS in space and onyx could form in its white variety but it would be very rare like 4x rarer than onyx in game, however i do have a few pieces of agate as well as onyx and i know just about everything about minerals, it would be completely possible for there to be white onyx in space but it would be very rare. anyways i am working on my own look of white onyx and it is very cool, so @IronManArcher and @Multarix i think it will work out just fine. the picture was my concept art before i polished into the picture at the top of the discussion.
    White Onyx.JPG
    493 x 495 - 34K
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 842
    Fishbot said:

    white with yellow parallel bands it would work out in the fact that water IS in space and onyx could form in its white variety but it would be very rare like 4x rarer than onyx in game, however i do have a few pieces of agate as well as onyx and i know just about everything about minerals, it would be completely possible for there to be white onyx in space but it would be very rare. anyways i am working on my own look of white onyx and it is very cool, so @IronManArcher and @Multarix i think it will work out just fine. the picture was my concept art before i polished into the picture at the top of the discussion.

    Albino onyx or bird poo?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,441
    We need moonstones, definitely would be cool for evolving some clefai... I mean... like, moon, and gem, amiright?




    White onyx sounds great too
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 433
    Ooh. Messed around with this.
    A67436A4-B668-4C8A-8E7D-02DEC86F16C3.jpeg
    750 x 668 - 196K
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    TealHyena said:

    Ooh. Messed around with this.

    idea.......
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    so after a few hours last night i finished my new design of the onyx, @TealHyena gave me the idea of the greener look to it for a more spacey look, after all of this i'm finally done with the final look of the space onyx i hope is in the game one day. like this and agree if you want this in the game. tell @mikelaurence to come here or give a link to this discussion, thanks. feel free to use this picture and make this known.
    space onyx_edited_edited.jpg
    493 x 495 - 48K
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 119
    Fishbot said:

    so after a few hours last night i finished my new design of the onyx, @TealHyena gave me the idea of the greener look to it for a more spacey look, after all of this i'm finally done with the final look of the space onyx i hope is in the game one day. like this and agree if you want this in the game. tell @mikelaurence to come here or give a link to this discussion, thanks. feel free to use this picture and make this known.

    so i have more pictures this one was before teal showed his other picture.
    space onyx_edited.png
    493 x 495 - 152K
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 433
    Fishbot said:

    so after a few hours last night i finished my new design of the onyx, @TealHyena gave me the idea of the greener look to it for a more spacey look, after all of this i'm finally done with the final look of the space onyx i hope is in the game one day. like this and agree if you want this in the game. tell @mikelaurence to come here or give a link to this discussion, thanks. feel free to use this picture and make this known.

    This one looks really nice!
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Hunting down steam jetsMember Posts: 725
    Those last two are truly amazing
  • SetenSeten The city of England.Member Posts: 375
    edited November 28
    Well that’s cool
    EE789DD4-467D-4971-928A-597C24C1FC37.png
    640 x 422 - 172K
Sign In or Register to comment.