LUNAR LOCKDOWN PRE-ALPHA

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,008
IT WORKS, YAY! Thank you to everyone who joined us tonight! We'll leave the server up, but it may crash every now and then so don't hate us if you have to restart your progress occasionally :wink: Also there are plenty of issues still, but rest assured we'll be working over the next several weeks to make this a fun, bulletproof experience!

WARNING: Gameplay may be rough if you live far outside the USA due to ping issues. This is definitely the biggest issue at the moment and we will be tackling that and the server crashes ASAP. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all! This is it! The first peek at Lunar Lockdown!

I cannot emphasize enough that is is VERY PRE-ALPHA :D Graphics and sound are all temporary, as are the game mechanics. We are trying to test out the engine just as much as the game design. So if it's not fun at all, we apologize! It will take some time to get right.

But in the meantime... if you have a Mac or a PC, jump in! Just load up the game and click the "PROD" button (not local).

PS: If you're on a Mac you will need to enable the game to run - it's not "developer signed", so you might have to change your settings:
https://mac-how-to.gadgethacks.com/how-to/open-third-party-apps-from-unidentified-developers-mac-os-x-0158095/

PPS: If you're on a PC, well, we haven't tested this on PC at ALL yet, so let us know how it goes :D

MAC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oud8c9yqjibcss/Lunar.app.zip?dl=0
PC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wr0z610q9vtwp5/Lunar.Windows.zip?dl=0

HOW TO PLAY:

Gameplay is fairly simple.
- Drive around with WASD keys, target and shoot with mouse.
- Collect blue pellets to gain energy, and bring your tank back to your base to charge your base
- Near your base, click on your player or base to add upgrades and abilities
- When you are near your own base, you have UNLIMITED ammo and your tank is healed!
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• RhinoClawRhinoClaw Member Posts: 41
    Awesome!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,008
    @RhinoClaw is officially the first non-dev to play Lunar Lockdown! :smiley:

PS: I just added some simple instructions as well.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 534
    edited December 3
    New game already out for alpha test? Bytebin you drunk.

Edit: Typo

Are we able to interact with other players at this state or no?
    RhinoClaw said:

Are we able to interact with other players at this state or no?
    Only via emotes :)
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,028
    Downloading in 20 mins on PC. Sounds intriguing!
    Testing on PC. Tank just moves everywhere like glitching when I tap on a key.
    Dalts said:

It's occasional and it seems to tie in with the faster you are, but i think @mikelaurence knows..
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 117
    can not move on mac
    I've seemed to have crashed... Unfortunate ;-;
    RhinoClaw said:

Dalts said:

It's occasional and it seems to tie in with the faster you are, but i think @mikelaurence knows..
    No. It's goes CRAZY! I mean literally! I can't make it to go in a straight line for even a second.
    Dalts said:

RhinoClaw said:

Dalts said:

No. It's goes CRAZY! I mean literally! I can't make it to go in a straight line for even a second.
    Yeah that has been happening. Looks like our current server is a little light on horsepower, so we will tackle that ASAP!
    edited December 3
    So I collected over 60 (ores?) then went back to base and improved my collector. Now I can only collect 20 at a time. I have to go back to restock.

Edit: And while typing this, I've just been killed by Jason!

Edit 2: But yeah, with the controls as Dalts described, the game is unplayable. Potential once those initial problems are sorted.
    AMWhy said:

So I collected over 60 (ores?) then went back to base and improved my collector. Now I can only collect 20 at a time. I have to go back to restock.

Edit: And while typing this, I've just been killed by Jason!

Edit 2: But yeah, with the controls as Dalts described, the game is unplayable. Potential once those initial problems are sorted.

Yeah. I see you guys are pretty far away from the server as well :) We'll look into handling high pings better (also probably get regional servers at some point).

Also just added a new feature:
    When you upgrade your tank/base, the energy you spent on the upgrade remains in your score! (It was sad to be in 1st place and do an upgrade and lose that placement!)
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 512
    I am a lil' out of control. I need driving lessons lol
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 512

I am a lil' out of control. I need driving lessons lol

This in turn means that if my base is not located near spikes, I can't return to it ahahahahaha
  • W4R10RDW4R10RD Member Posts: 17
    Is there a way to save progress? Keeps reseting everything. Is this part of the game?
    PC Report
    Aside from the controls:

Game mechanics seem to be working. I can upgrade and the second time I played, the collector upgrade doubled my capacity from 20 to 40.
    When my base was attacked, I got a message to notify me. Sadly, it didn't help a lot as with these controls, getting back to my base was overly complicated at best.
    The leaderboard seems to be displaying correctly and my position is shown accurately.
    The gameplay is straight-forward and easy to learn. No problems there.
    A bug appeared when I encountered RhinoClaw in game: I became invisible (to me - I'm pretty sure Rhinoclaw could see me as he was shooting at me). This didn't correct itself until I quit the game then restarted.

More in-depth reporting once I can play and move without blind luck to guide me.
    AMWhy said:

PC Report
    Aside from the controls:

Game mechanics seem to be working. I can upgrade and the second time I played, the collector upgrade doubled my capacity from 20 to 40.
    When my base was attacked, I got a message to notify me. Sadly, it didn't help a lot as with these controls, getting back to my base was overly complicated at best.
    The leaderboard seems to be displaying correctly and my position is shown accurately.
    The gameplay is straight-forward and easy to learn. No problems there.
    A bug appeared when I encountered RhinoClaw in game: I became invisible (to me - I'm pretty sure Rhinoclaw could see me as he was shooting at me). This didn't correct itself until I quit the game then restarted.

More in-depth reporting once I can play and move without blind luck to guide me.

I suspect the control issue is due to the server "correcting" your position, and with high ping that could be problematic. Dealing with this will definitely be high on our list.
    'The road to nowhere' is my official anthem for this game. xD I think I'll wait until you sort those bugs out a lil' more
    Is it going to be in mobile..?
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 93
    Gonna try it out now!!
    Okay so it's good and I enjoy the game and the graphics too but unfortunately for me (I'm on Mac) the controls don't work very well and the tank keeps just glitching and sort of stuttering around the screen... WASD isn't working very well basically.

Hope it can be fixed, I understand the game is in very early development! @mikelaurence :smile:
    Aviatrix said:

Okay so it's good and I enjoy the game and the graphics too but unfortunately for me (I'm on Mac) the controls don't work very well and the tank keeps just glitching and sort of stuttering around the screen... WASD isn't working very well basically.

Hope it can be fixed, I understand the game is in very early development! @mikelaurence :smile:

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is related to the ping issue.

Basically anyone far away from the USA is probably not going to have a very good time in the game right now. We'll work on it though!

Aviatrix said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is related to the ping issue.

Basically anyone far away from the USA is probably not going to have a very good time in the game right now. We'll work on it though!
    Great, thanks! Roger that :smiley:
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 355
    edited December 3
    Going to download
    By any chance is there a leaderboard for the game?
    mofc1991 said:

Going to download
    By any chance is there a leaderboard for the game?

Yeah, for the temporary time you're in the game
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,230
    It seems like it'll be fun in the future.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,730
    Interesting game!
    I have found no major issues so far, other than the infrequent server crashes and position correction.