Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

LUNAR LOCKDOWN PRE-ALPHA

Comments

• DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 609
    Agario kinda did this tho. Also the servers cant handle 4 people playing at once which is bad even for a pre alpha
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 525
    @mikelaurence kept rubber banding back to previous locations on PC. May have just been my computer, as it’s just a laptop but it can run steam games like Payday and Payday 2, which seem a bit more demanding.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Request mobs or mob combinations in my “Mobs In a Jar” thread, and I’ll get em” in!Member Posts: 1,087
    Debator said:

Agario kinda did this tho. Also the servers cant handle 4 people playing at once which is bad even for a pre alpha

Shush. You’re bad for open alpha.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 511
    Debator said:

like if you could do better.
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 123
    @Dalts Has gotten salty cause he has no mobile device.
  • FishbotFishbot Lodged deep within a tight crevice whilst looking for terrapuss eggs to make a terrapuss egg omlet.Member Posts: 123
    @mikelaurence Will there be any even better things for the game in future updates? Maybe a hint please? XD
  • LilyabcLilyabc Earth.Member Posts: 633
    edited December 2017
    I didn't have any problems on my macbook. That's good right?

Debator said:

Debator said:

These are childish reponds for legit criticism, I dont need to do better in order to be able to criticise it

Debator said:

also ild like to respond to this more precisely. How am I bad for an open alpha @IronManArcher ? All I did is do what a alpha is for, give criticism
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 226

A̶g̶a̶r̶i̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶.A̶l̶s̶o̶ The servers can't handle 4 people playing at once.w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶p̶h̶a̶

Slither.io did this also, and was made by a different creator, same goes with almost every ".io" game.
    Debator said:

Debator said:

Debator said:

These are childish reponds for legit criticism, I dont need to do better in order to be able to criticise it
    I would criticize you on your grammar, but that would mean that i'm doing the same thing you are. Besides, the purpose of this thread is to give proper feedback on the pre alpha, not on each other. Yes, I agree you gave proper criticism, but at least do it in a way where you know it doesn't result in negative responses or conflict. Also, the text for Lunar Lockdown for my PC is rather... Squarish and unreadable.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,070
    We definitely have some issues to work out, and having y'all jump on was very helpful. It's hard to test multiplayer :smile:

We'll post again when there's a new build that addresses some of the major issues!
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,073
    Can I suggest a battery indicator to display how much power you have and how much you are using. It took me a while to realise that I couldn't use my improved collector because my battery was too low.
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 341

Frosty said:

Is the game going to be on iOS @mikelaurence? Or are y'all not sure right now?

I think mobile will work well for this game, so I'm hoping yes!
    Ok, thanks for the help :smile:
    AMWhy said:

Can I suggest a battery indicator to display how much power you have and how much you are using. It took me a while to realise that I couldn't use my improved collector because my battery was too low.

Yeah that is definitely needed!
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Do you know deh wae bruddah?Member Posts: 887
    edited December 2017
    I'm a little late to the party, but I use Windows 10 and I have to say it worked way better than I was thinking when first going into the game. What I found was a really good concept that had a solid feature of mechanics and I really liked it. I'm assuming your servers aren't final either so the random teleportation doesn't seem like a very big issue, but it was a little annoying to be moving and then teleport into a cluster of rocks and sitting there helpless and having to exit and re-enter. Besides the fact the map was empty while no one was on, everything seemed really fun, felt like a reminiscent version of Agar.io with a much larger concept behind it. I could see this easily making it high up the charts in popularity, but I really gotta give a few suggestions. First of all the top sub-menus need a toggle button, they clutter a good 1/4th of the screen which really can be quite frustrating in a multiplayer game. I didn't get to try the pvp side of things because no one was on so I can't say much about that, but I really liked how you could use your gun to transfer energy as well as sitting in your bases circle. I could really see this game being very fun if you were to be able to make more sections for your base as well as upgrading it and those sections. I also attempted to get a tank and some buggies which didn't seem to do anything(or appear), so I'm assuming they are soon to come, but if they were used for defense/scouting it could be really cool to see how that impacted gameplay(Sorry if they do something while someone else was around, like I stated before I hadn't seen anyone so I'm just shooting ideas in the dark), I don't really know the entire game plan but everything seems really awesome so far. I hope to keep playing around as time progresses and see where this cool concept goes! Great job Bytebin dev team!
    Post edited by JusticeGaming on
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 549
    We should be able to chat too!
    edited December 2017
    Dalts said:

We should be able to chat too!

Yea, I was just running around with you and actually blew you up haha! Wanted to chat but instead raided your base, did a laugh emote and ran for it.

On that note. I've been experiencing a lot of bugs so I will just list some of the more impacting ones. First is turret lock, seems you can move the mouse around, but the turret remains pointing downwards, unsure of the cause but relogging doesn't seem to fix it and a hard restart is required, next is shooting while not clicking, no physical bullets come out, but your energy still depletes like you are shooting and it seems random for the most part? I've also noticed the turret has Z-axis fighting with the UI. They aren't huge bugs but they are just a pain to have to work around.

Also to re-correct my statement earlier about being able to toggle the sub-menus, I completely didn't realize I could just press the M and L buttons to toggle the mini-map and leader board, helped a quite a bit.

Another suggestion along with adding a chat system, maybe adding a team system, anyone allied with you would show up with a green name and be unable to harm you unless they left the "party" or "team".

This game has a lot of potential and I love it, probably gonna be playing with most my free time because it's satisfying to max your weapons out and go and blow up new players in just a few hits and then steal all their hard work lol!
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,664
    are the servers down now?
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 549
    edited December 2017
    Add chatting! I wanted to team up with another anonymous player but there's no way for me to communicate with him. It's much more fun if you can chat along with friends while playing or else it would just be boring collecting the blue pallets and upgrading.

And also there's good news! Less lag on the game! But on bad news... crashes still occur occasionally. Other than that, seems fine.

ETA:

I'm a little late to the party, but I use Windows 10 and I have to say it worked way better than I was thinking when first going into the game. What I found was a really good concept that had a solid feature of mechanics and I really liked it. I'm assuming your servers aren't final either so the random teleportation doesn't seem like a very big issue, but it was a little annoying to be moving and then teleport into a cluster of rocks and sitting there helpless and having to exit and re-enter. Besides the fact the map was empty while no one was on, everything seemed really fun, felt like a reminiscent version of Agar.io with a much larger concept behind it. I could see this easily making it high up the charts in popularity, but I really gotta give a few suggestions. First of all the top sub-menus need a toggle button, they clutter a good 1/4th of the screen which really can be quite frustrating in a multiplayer game. I didn't get to try the pvp side of things because no one was on so I can't say much about that, but I really liked how you could use your gun to transfer energy as well as sitting in your bases circle. I could really see this game being very fun if you were to be able to make more sections for your base as well as upgrading it and those sections. I also attempted to get a tank and some buggies which didn't seem to do anything(or appear), so I'm assuming they are soon to come, but if they were used for defense/scouting it could be really cool to see how that impacted gameplay(Sorry if they do something while someone else was around, like I stated before I hadn't seen anyone so I'm just shooting ideas in the dark), I don't really know the entire game plan but everything seems really awesome so far. I hope to keep playing around as time progresses and see where this cool concept goes! Great job Bytebin dev team!

So it was you! Robin! I'll get you next time...
    Dalts said:

Add chatting! I wanted to team up with another anonymous player but there's no way for me to communicate with him. It's much more fun if you can chat along with friends while playing or else it would just be boring collecting the blue pallets and upgrading.

And also there's good news! Less lag on the game! But on bad news... crashes still occur occasionally. Other than that, seems fine.

So it was you! Robin! I'll get you next time...

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we are reading it all and taking it in! Looking forward to getting a few things fixed and then scheduling a regular play session :)
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 421
    edited December 2017
    The game would be do incredibly good if it had these things:
    New game modes 10 people in a map last person standing wins
    Or you could be in teams to be the last team standing

Customise your tank and add new weapons

Different maps for example you could be on mars

The more blue things you have the more ammo

The bigger the tank the stronger

Have a game chat

More customisation for your tank and base

Daily challenges for example kill 5 tanks etc
    mofc1991 said:

Have a game chat

We will definitely be experimenting with different game modes. Teamplay, battle royale, etc. King of the Hill happens to be the easiest which is why it's what we started with :smile:

Love the idea of a daily challenge as well!

mofc1991 said:

Have a game chat

We will definitely be experimenting with different game modes. Teamplay, battle royale, etc. King of the Hill happens to be the easiest which is why it's what we started with :smile:

Love the idea of a daily challenge as well!
    I don't wanna seem like a sellout to the whole in game purchases thing that most companies do today, but you definitely could probably get away with a skin system where you try to rank up by acquiring xp from quests/missions, and then maybe player kills if it was possible to make it un-abusable, and when you rank up you get some type of reward, I don't wanna sound like EA and say add loot crates, but they seem to be a great way to take in revenue. Just an idea, customization in this game would be super cool and you could really easily get away with having a store feature in this type of game haha.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,698
    I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Except BOINGBOINGBOING
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 525
    edited December 2017
    Bought the railgun and game returned to title.
    Also: hitboxes and pvp seems great.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 861
    If you need this game tested on iPad or any of that good jazz, I’m ur man. :v
  • ChickenChicken Muting kyree123Member Posts: 1,132
    It says something about .zip files not being previewed...do I click download?
    edited December 2017
    Chicken said:

Indeed, you just download it and extract the contents, but the new thread in the announcements has the latest build so go to that thread instead.

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27156/lunar-lockdown-group-play-2-ended#latest
  • ChickenChicken Muting kyree123Member Posts: 1,132

Chicken said:

Indeed, you just download it and extract the contents, but the new thread in the announcements has the latest build so go to that thread instead.

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27156/lunar-lockdown-group-play-2-ended#latest
    Its not able to encrypt folders or something. Im so confused.
    Chicken said:

Chicken said:

Its not able to encrypt folders or something. Im so confused.
    Depending on if it's a .ZIP or .RAR file it is basically just a compressed file to hold large contents at a smaller size. If it is a .RAR you will need winrar, otherwise .ZIP should be built in but I still suggest getting winrar, after that you can either right click and press export contents after downloading or just open it like any other folder and drag and drop the contents out to a new folder. At least that is how it is for windows, mobile isn't supported if you are attempting to use that.