Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Lunar Lockdown Group Play #2 (ENDED)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
We don't have a *ton* of fixes yet, but we've added maxes on the meters and made a little progress on some server issues. Still hunting down some crashes though -- but if it crashes while we're playing, at least we can inspect a little more :)

Also made health meter have similar numeric range to energy for simplicity.

Latest builds:
Mac: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oud8c9yqjibcss/Lunar.app.zip?dl=0
Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wr0z610q9vtwp5/Lunar.Windows.zip?dl=0
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 135
    Noice
  • RhinoClawRhinoClaw HellMember Posts: 143
    Oh yes
  • XiaXiaXiaXia Bound to the Cold......Member Posts: 9
    Keep up the good work
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
    Yay crash!
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 708
    Cool
    Figured out the crash and deployed new code. Let's see if we can crash again...
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2017
    Well, so far so good, besides the random server resets that delete all my progress, everything seems good so far. If I could make one suggestion it would be with how the camera follows your player. It is always locked into place and I think a slight pan would be neat to have, so you aren't always locked dead center but have the ability to move slightly to the sides depending on the directions you are going. With the engine I use we use a procedure called actions where you delegate a time and place and then the engine slowly pans to the designated number in the delegated time using the set action type, for example linear or exponential number changes and then makes the transform of the cameras numbers slowly pan to the player, with the exception of your Z axis to give a sort of loose feel to your camera, rather than a locked feeling. That's just an idea though, I don't know much about Unity or if it has the capability to do that, would be more of a thing to polish rather than fix though, it's just a common camera technique used in most games nowadays.

Edited to add: I'm also experiencing random lagging out of nowhere now that makes my character go invisible? Also seems to prevent shooting as well.

Well, so far so good, besides the random server resets that delete all my progress, everything seems good so far. If I could make one suggestion it would be with how the camera follows your player. It is always locked into place and I think a slight pan would be neat to have, so you aren't always locked dead center but have the ability to move slightly to the sides depending on the directions you are going. With the engine I use we use a procedure called actions where you delegate a time and place and then the engine slowly pans to the designated number in the delegated time using the set action type, for example linear or exponential number changes and then makes the transform of the cameras numbers slowly pan to the player, with the exception of your Z axis to give a sort of loose feel to your camera, rather than a locked feeling. That's just an idea though, I don't know much about Unity or if it has the capability to do that, would be more of a thing to polish rather than fix though, it's just a common camera technique used in most games nowadays.

Edited to add: I'm also experiencing random lagging out of nowhere now that makes my character go invisible? Also seems to prevent shooting as well.

I would restart the client... I think there are issues with rejoining a game (without a restart).

Or was this a fresh run?
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013

I would restart the client... I think there are issues with rejoining a game (without a restart).

Or was this a fresh run?
    Was a rejoin after the complete server crash, seems after a couple tries I was able to rejoin without the problem, but I also have the problem of rubber banding and being thrown into the spikes and also the turret not looking at the mouse after lagging a bit.
    Yeah I just found a server memory leak which caused an epic meltdown and crash, so I'll be looking into that.
  • RhinoClawRhinoClaw HellMember Posts: 143
    I'm a bum IGN RhinoClaw