Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Competition: Space Base - AWARDS MARCH 6 AT 4PM EST

Comments

• TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresPosts: 725Member
    It’s hard to tell if he is making Alts or not. I say we just drop it. No big deal. Devs will sort it out if there are any rules being broken.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    It wasn't even explicitly stated in the rules that entering alts was against the rules. There is not a limited number of original entries, so it's not like if Detech made an alt and entered it it took someone's spot. If two of his entries got in and made it so that one person's entry didn't make it in that could have, we will have a better build in than what could have been because Detech is, as already established, a good builder
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Posts: 705Member, Arbiter
    PIPTR0 said:

It wasn't even explicitly stated in the rules that entering alts was against the rules. There is not a limited number of original entries, so it's not like if Detech made an alt and entered it it took someone's spot. If two of his entries got in and made it so that one person's entry didn't make it in that could have, we will have a better build in than what could have been because Detech is, as already established, a good builder

Actually I thought that was one of the first rules of the comp. Not that I can check now that Mike has changed his post.
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaPosts: 882Member
    edited February 2018
    I’m not playing the blame game, if Detech said he didn’t do it, I’ll believe him. But obviously someone created two alternate accounts (De02, De03) and entered the competition with both of them and that is unacceptable-ish, IMO.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,136Member
    edited February 2018

@mikelaurence you should check out the ips of Detech and the de’s.

Okay, it was fun when you came and bugged me the whole time during the contest, trying to catch me saying something that proved that it was my alts. And it's fun now when you have no evidence, but it's getting a bit out of hand.

I am quite surprised and honoured that the many people who know that I had alts in the contest, did not say anything. To all of you who didn't rat me out, props. I don't want to put you in a possition where you feel like you have to chose between being fair, or being a friend.

De03 is my alt.

I really didn't want to take anyone's spot and it was not done to increase my chances of winning. I had lots of ideas and I spent countless hours transfering mats to make more entries. Most of my extra entries are just for fun, like the little town and the spaceship. I have been building the whole time while the contest was running.

In any case... I want more good dungeons and fun stuff in the game. If anyone wants to remove de03 entry, or my main entry, or both from the contest, go right ahead.

Here is a list of all names under which I built:
    Detech
    Deathender
    Dearage
    De01
    De02
    De03
    De04
    Post edited by Detech on
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaPosts: 882Member
    edited February 2018
    Detech said:

Okay, it was fun when you came and bugged me the whole time during the contest, trying to catch me saying something that proved that it was my alts. And it's fun now when you have no evidence, but it's getting a bit out of hand.

I am quite surprised and honoured that the many people who know that I had alts in the contest, did not say anything. To all of you who didn't rat me out, props. I don't want to put you in a possition where you feel like you have to chose between being fair, or being a friend.

De03 is my alt.

I really didn't want to take anyone's spot and it was not done to increase my chances of winning. I had lots of ideas and I spent countless hours transfering mats to make more entries. Most of my extra entries are just for fun, like the little town and the spaceship. I have been building the whole time while the contest was running.

In any case... I want more good dungeons and fun stuff in the game. If anyone wants to remove de03 entry, or my main entry, or both from the contest, go right ahead.
    Obviously, this takes a new perspective on things and personally I would say that none of your entries should be disqualified IMO. But I would say to probably confess that they were your alternate accounts when someone first noticed it to avoid big controversies like this. I mean this in the nicest way possible too, not trying to sound hostile if I was.
    Post edited by vmh20 on
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,867Member
    Detech said:

De03 is my alt.

Here is a list of all names under which I built:
    Detech
    Deathender
    Dearage
    De01
    De02
    De03
    De04
    I just thought it was against the rules, that’s all. I’m done playing detective, so you all may return to your daily lives
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 1,368Member
    Hmm. Maybe just one account could get a prize or something. Detech was just building for fun. I don’t see the problem here...
    Chicken said:

Hmm. Maybe just one account could get a prize or something. Detech was just building for fun. I don’t see the problem here...

The alts took protectors from people who actually wanted to participate, and if he let the alt win without saying anything, that alt could get a prize for Detech. If at first he said, “Oh, no, that de guy is my alt. Take him off of the finalists,” then it would have all been fine.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,234Member
    edited February 2018

Chicken said:

The alts took protectors from people who actually wanted to participate
    Just to prove your point, you don't have to say anything that comes to your mind, man. Please, we had three worlds for the competition, and the majority of them were "players who actually wanted to participate" and left the protectors empty, in that sense Detech at least made use of everything he claimed.

I get that in a way what Detech has done, by using so many alts is sort of wrong and the way Sirentist sees it is quite a good reason so as to why it's a wrong thing to do. For all we know, Detech just loves building and did what he was best at, and he has admitted in them being his alts, so I'm sure he won't refrain from allowing all except one to be removed.

There isn't really a way for deepworld to track alts is there? If there was, I suppose this kind of thing could be prevented in the future, else its just got to be left at the entrants conscience to play fair (not really assuring)..
  • ZhaykZhayk Arctic Blitz, DeepworldPosts: 420Member
    @mikelaurence Am I a judge if I’m able to vote on the competition protectors?
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    To clarify: I'm not trying to suggest that Detech created multiple builds with any sort of nefarious intentions to have the ability to throw competition results down the line--just that voting unfairness would be an unforeseen negative consequence of alts winning prizes (due to the automatic process of adding all winners as judges).
    AMWhy said:

One full of crystals, one full of touchplates, one with teslas, one with inhibitors, and one full of steam jets. Steam jets???

Mike said steam jets would be loot, same with large steam jets. It's alright is they're used like engines or thrusters like in my build (Lunar Two, entry 67).
    Zhayk said:

mikelaurence Am I a judge if I’m able to vote on the competition protectors?

It's open vote week. Surprise!
    So can people vote for themselves? Because I’ve been abstaining from voting - mainly because I don’t know how - but are people getting an edge from this?
    TealHyena said:

So can people vote for themselves? Because I’ve been abstaining from voting - mainly because I don’t know how - but are people getting an edge from this?

You can not vote for yourself.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Posts: 1,003Member
    TealHyena said:

You vote by just tapping on the protector of the build. :3
    Your welcome.

TealHyena said:

You can not vote for yourself.
    Lilyabc said:

TealHyena said:

You vote by just tapping on the protector of the build. :3
    Your welcome.
    Thank you.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 338Member
    edited February 2018
    Also, I would like to edit mine by removing the mini mech and making it into a large mech, by removing the spike on the left of the mini mech if that is OK
    CF22ED50-0128-474E-AB3C-E70E25073207.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachPosts: 220Member
    Sorry for putting a stake to your chest @IronManArcher @Chicken @CerealKiller I shouldn’t of snapped at y’all
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthPosts: 248Member

Also, I would like to edit mine by removing the mini mech and making it into a large mech, by removing the spike on the left of the mini mech if that is OK

I don't think you can edit after the competition is already being judged, that would be unfair and if allowed would encourage others to edit as well.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 338Member

I don't think you can edit after the competition is already being judged, that would be unfair and if allowed would encourage others to edit as well.
    Agreed.
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    Almost all final entries are from Lunar One...

Hmmm...
    Aura said:

Hmmm...

I didn't even go voting in Lunar One.. don't look at me X3
    Lilyabc said:

Aura said:

Hmmm...

The only good entry in Lunar Three was Detech's spy.

Lilyabc said:

Aura said:

Hmmm...

The only good entry in Lunar Three was Detech's spy.
    Uh... I actually didn't like that one :p...
    I voted for another one which didn't make it sadly.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 482Member
    Mine was in lunar three, i thought it was a decent entry. Thanks for your input though.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 775Member
    I voted on 1 entry
    Bastian7 said:

Mine was in lunar three, i thought it was a decent entry. Thanks for your input though.

What I meant was it was the only one that made it to finals.