Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Competition: Space Base - FINAL ENTRIES ANNOUNCED!

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
Yes indeedy, it's time for a building competition once again! We need hot new dungeons and cool asteroid type things for the Space Biome, and who better to help make them than YOU, our finest builders!

Head to world Lunar One to claim your competition protector (we'll open up more worlds if need be). Only components INSIDE the protector will be judged (no shoring it up with your own protectors). Visit Lunar One for some free space wallpaper - that will let you make even an underground entry look nice and spacey!

You can always type
/help competition
to peek at the rules.

(Note: I have added an example asteroid dungeon directly above the spawn in Lunar One. We are specifically looking for entries like this which have earth filled in AROUND the entry, as if the dungeon/home/whatever is embedded inside an asteroid.)

See you in-game!

NEW JUDGES:

,JusticeGaming (Lunar One)
.Fluffy. (Lunar Two)
.Magical. (Lunar Three)
.ZoZo. (Lunar One)
Creeps. (Lunar Two)
detech (Lunar Three)
FlynnXD (Lunar One)
Forest. (Lunar Two)
IronManArcher (Lunar Three)
lachstyleTD (Lunar One)
Mofc1991 (Lunar Two)
Patrik3274 (Lunar Three)
racerdog (Lunar One)
Rockpopcandy5678 (Lunar Two)
TealHyena (Lunar Three)
Tomasz12345678 (Lunar One)
Valriq (Lunar Two)
vmh20 (Lunar Three)
XX_UberHunter_XX (Lunar One)
Yoshi. (Lunar Two)

FINAL ENTRIES:

Dalts (Lunar One)
Mihir (Lunar One)
Chuuya (Lunar One)
Gerolo (Lunar One)
TealHyena (Lunar One)
PIPTR0 (Lunar One)
Danno69 (Lunar One)
Gilby (Lunar One)
Valriq (Lunar One)
vmh20 (Lunar One)
Chromosome (Lunar One)
Salva (Lunar One)
Sir_Athur_Dent (Lunar One)
CerealKiller (Lunar One)
Meno_191 (Lunar One)
racerdog (Lunar Two)
Sir_Adder (Lunar Two)
detech (Lunar Two)
fredwardthegreat (Lunar Two)
Schara (Lunar Two)
IronManArcher (Lunar Two)
XX_UberHunter_XX (Lunar Two)
Cattsworth (Lunar Two)
de03 (Lunar Three)
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 708
    Ooo!
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 293
    I LOVE building! Thank you for this! :3
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 247
    edited December 2017
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! I've been waiting soo long! I wonder what the prizes are :) Good lucck to all!

Edit: Just got the in-game notification and started spamming the search button.

Double Edit: Either i'm lagging, or experiencing zero-gravity.
    Post edited by CerealKiller on
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 562
    Finally!! Deepworld back again with a new competition :smiley: Deepworld is back in business!
  • TheG966TheG966 Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2017
    Cool just claimed land time to put my space wallpaper to use my protection has a maw in it as well might make use of it ? Newton is also in my protection trapped in earth seems like but he isnt moving. Uhh can we still get our items back in the end ? I dont want to lose rares
    Post edited by TheG966 on
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 553
    edited December 2017
    When is judging? @mikelaurence
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    Oh THANK YOU, Mike! Time to release my inner creativity.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    Nice. Its been long since we last had a comp :D
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    I just built the Diphoon Ravager. Why NOT build a giant mechanical worm to eat bases?
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    @mikelaurence we have 10 excellent dungeons ready to add here.

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/24371/dungeon-design-competition-winners-and-results-page#latest

You have intimated in the past that these could be added. So why not?
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2017
    The one thing I find so irking about trying to build a dungeon on pc is the missing functionality of conveyors, the hatchets actually mine things, rather than doing the damage effect, the inability to rotate spikes and the rails being completely invisible, If I can't have spiked ceilings and damaged walls how am I supposed to have a dungeon : (
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,138

The one thing I find so irking about trying to build a dungeon on pc is the missing functionality of conveyors, the hatchets actually mine things, rather than doing the damage effect, the inability to rotate spikes and the rails being completely invisible, If I can't have spiked ceilings and damaged walls how am I supposed to have a dungeon : (

Complain, complain. No wonder he doesn't respond to you.

None the less. The rest of us are having fun!

#bwahahahahahaha
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,797
    Are alt enteries allowed?
    derpdee said:

Complain, complain. No wonder he doesn't respond to you.

None the less. The rest of us are having fun!

#bwahahahahahaha
    Gosh, ruuuuude
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 562
    Detech said:

Don’t tell anyone and you’re safe.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 987
    edited December 2017
    Good Luck to Everyone! I'm not going to join, cause I'm lazy plus.. exams. But I will get on and annoy players and steal there ideas for builds. >:3
    EDIT: I'm stupid. I accidentally claimed a competition protector even though I wasn't going to join. Great.
    I'm sorry.
    Post edited by Lilyabc on
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 705
    Lilyabc said:

Good Luck to Everyone! I'm not going to join, cause I'm lazy plus.. exams. But I will get on and annoy players and steal there ideas for builds. >:3
    EDIT: I'm stupid. I accidentally claimed a competition protector even though I wasn't going to join. Great.
    I'm sorry.

It's fine! They'll open up more worlds as is needed. I wasn't going to join but competition fever is contagious so I just made something small :P
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I dieMember Posts: 372
    Dalts said:

Detech said:

Don’t tell anyone and you’re safe.
    Hey man, aint nothin illegal if you dont get caught
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 710
    Give me land
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 540
    Space? I was busy gathering my forc....I mean followers. This seems promising enough I might put that on hold if only for a bit. I come to claim what I have long sought after...
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 651
    Where are the pixel art contest results
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 710
    My entry is under the exit on the map
    Actually, no Diphoon. It’s time to build the Chaser!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,046
    I have no chance, but hey, I finally found something to bring me back to game, even if for a few hours...

You are awesome! and good luck to all!
    Chaser is complete! It’s basically a spaceship version of a bunker. I was thinking that there could be a maw inside of it spawning a ton of space terrapi or the lunar equivalent of terrapi because animals like hiding in cramped areas.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I dieMember Posts: 372

I have no chance, but hey, I finally found something to bring me back to game, even if for a few hours...

You are awesome! and good luck to all!

Makes two of us.

And two questions since I couldnt find them anywhere else:

-Whens it end? (Praying New Years)
    -And what are the prizes?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,797

FYI I have added an example asteroid dungeon directly above the spawn in Lunar One.

We are specifically looking for entries like this which have earth filled in AROUND the entry, as if the dungeon/home/whatever is embedded inside an asteroid.

Thanks!

Mike, can the asteroid have a hard shell made of stone/brick? Or does it have to be dirt only?
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,314
    is it just me or there is no Lunar Three world, as said in the /help?