Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Competition: Space Base - FINAL ENTRIES ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    May of these entries don’t seem like the creator knew what the prompt was. It wasn’t just “make something that looks cool in space” it was “make a DUNGEON for the devs to USE in space”.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,297
    TealHyena said:

May of these entries don’t seem like the creator knew what the prompt was. It wasn’t just “make something that looks cool in space” it was “make a DUNGEON for the devs to USE in space”.

Thia is strange, because Mike specifically said 'We are specifically looking for entries like this which have earth filled in AROUND the entry, as if the dungeon/home/whatever is embedded inside an asteroid'. But most judges neglected awesome enteries that were not dungeons.. very sad.

If we keep this up, all we are going to have is dungeons in DW...
    Not that I have anything against dungeons, but some more variety and creativity would help make DW more interesting.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    edited February 16
    Detech said:

TealHyena said:

Thia is strange, because Mike specifically said 'We are specifically looking for entries like this which have earth filled in AROUND the entry, as if the dungeon/home/whatever is embedded inside an asteroid'. But most judges neglected awesome enteries that were not dungeons.. very sad.

If we keep this up, all we are going to have is dungeons in DW...
    Not that I have anything against dungeons, but some more variety and creativity would help make DW more interesting.
    I’m not saying that we shouldn’t build anything but dungeons, I’m saying that’s not what this competition is about.

Edit: also by me saying “dungeon” I mean any structure that would naturally spawn in a world.
    Sorry for not making that clear.
    Detech said:

O man, I went through every entry in Lunar one twice, can't find any entry under the name of Salva... I must be blind!

Here is everyone else:
    Lunar One, Entry 54 - Dalts
    Lunar One, Entry 15 - Mihir
    Lunar One, Entry 37 - Chuuya
    Lunar One, Entry 43 - Gerolo
    Lunar One, Entry 87 - TealHyena
    Lunar One, Entry 91 - PIPTR0
    Lunar One, Entry 104 - Danno69
    Lunar One, Entry 34 - Gilby
    Lunar One, Entry 7 - Valriq
    Lunar One, Entry 9 - vmh20
    Lunar One, Entry 26 - Chromosome
    Lunar One, Entry ??? - Salva
    Lunar One, Entry 60 - Sir_Athur_Dent
    Lunar One, Entry 75 - CerealKiller
    Lunar One, Entry 101 - Meno_191
    Lunar Two, Entry 2 - racerdog
    Lunar Two, Entry 1 - Sir_Adder
    Lunar Two, Entry 21 - detech
    Lunar Two, Entry 34 - fredwardthegreat
    Lunar Two, Entry 38 - Schara
    Lunar Two, Entry 67 - IronManArcher
    Lunar Two, Entry 111 - XX_UberHunter_XX
    Lunar Two, Entry 118 - Cattsworth
    Lunar Three, Entry 1 - de03

So, did anyone find out who salva is?
  • ChickenChicken help i’m being eaten Member Posts: 1,328
    edited February 17
    FlynnXD said:

Slightly disappointed that my entry didn't make it through, but I think that's because hardly anyone figured how to get into it in the first place xD even though I left pointers, all the player had to do was mine all around the dungeon to figure the entry points. I tried shifting from typical DW dungeons, with huge brains blocking the ways being the only challenge, instead I made the dungeon into a more puzzling one without the need of brain blocks. It was a fun build, regardless.

Also, I noticed right after the judging ended, someone seems to have figured to get in, and solved the whole dungeon! To whoever that was, great job, because it wasn't meant to be easy :) Best of luck for the finalists, may the best builder win!

Aww, I liked yours. Took a bit of figuring out which switch does what but I got in. image
    Edit- of course it put the big picture twice... sigh..
    D1912EB1-6041-407A-BD0D-1F274AF27812.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 1022K
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 895
    I went through all the entries in Lunar One. Didn't find a single Salva. I'm going to check the other two worlds. Will edit this comment if I find the entry.
    Lilyabc said:

I went through all the entries in Lunar One. Didn't find a single Salva. I'm going to check the other two worlds. Will edit this comment if I find the entry.

I checked each world twice. Could the name on entry change if the person changed his name?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,131
    Detech said:

Lilyabc said:

I checked each world twice. Could the name on entry change if the person changed his name?
    It seems that’s what happened with Mihir. @mikelaurence is it possible to look for previous names?
    Sooo when will this end?
  • Plutou_Plutou_ Member Posts: 13
    AMWhy said:

I've just started to look at the nominations and a fair few are invalid:
    One full of crystals, one full of touchplates, one with teslas, one with inhibitors, and one full of steam jets. How do any of these expect to be added to the game? How did they get nominated? Are crystal going to become completely worthless? Will building touchplates or teslas or inhibitors become pointless? Steam jets???

Maybe I completely misunderstood the competition, but I believed it to be new explorable areas with an obvious requirement to not add too many rares...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Official comps need to be organised better. The rules are not clear. No time-limits are set. The voting system is flawed. There are many ways to do this well, however this competition is becoming a farce as usual and I'm in two minds about my own progression with the game from this point: More hands-on or farewell.

On this occassion, it will be more hands-on. I will be creating another competition very soon akin to the event in Cathiron which was highly successful and created ten excellent dungeons that are primed and ready for @mikelaurence to add to the game (21 months and still waiting...). Stay tuned to the forum for more information and the chance to win big with your build.

There is no confusion... a concept is a foundation of idea. The build with the crystals was anything but flawed. If anything I think that it was the most unique. The crystals may have been added as a way to make the build “pop”, but Mike isn’t stupid & knows that “inflation of crystals” isn’t the most reasonable thing to do. The crystals, touchplates, or anything else would be replaced or removed but the overall concept would remain with a classic Deepworld spin on it.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,336
    Slightly off topic, but what happened to the pixel art comp?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,910

Slightly off topic, but what happened to the pixel art comp?

Nothing, and that is what disturbs me
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 364
    Why did I put an outling in my build, I thought it would make it more spacey. Now I’m just hoping to one day retrieve it.
  • WhiteadderTheSeraphWhiteadderTheSeraph Artic XLMember Posts: 529
    Bastian7 said:

Why did I put an outling in my build, I thought it would make it more spacey. Now I’m just hoping to one day retrieve it.

Don’t worry, the devs are quite likely to make a duplicate world for you retrieve your rares.

Bastian7 said:

Don’t worry, the devs are quite likely to make a duplicate world for you retrieve your rares.
    It’s 100% they will once the comp is over.

-waits a year-

Is public judging almost done?
  • FreshXFreshX Do you ever just breathe air just to flex on these asthmatic humans?Member Posts: 1,354
    Although I only put three blocks, my entry should be in there.
    FreshX said:

Although I only put three blocks, my entry should be in there.

Less is more! :)
    @mikelaurence how will we decide the final finals?
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 194

@mikelaurence how will we decide the final finals?

Vote.
    -cough-

Oh, whoops
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 847
    edited May 14

-cough-

Oh, whoops

I can see him wrapping this up when he gets back from vacation. He also mentions it briefly on the development post, so hold tight.
    vmh20 said:

-cough-

Oh, whoops

I can see him wrapping this up when he gets back from vacation. He also mentions it briefly on the development post, so hold tight.
    Yeah, I was just coughing.

-cough-

Gah, my throat.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 650
    mfw still not finished
    @mikelaurence ready?
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 I Guess I’m backMember Posts: 600
    So when is this thing done
  • ForestGumpForestGump In space..Member Posts: 195
    Be patient
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,103