Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Competition: Space Base - FINAL ENTRIES ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• RedolantRedolant 40 Characters Isn't Enough Cuz I Live In LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochMember Posts: 169
    Oh wow, toad...
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,075
    toadlover said:

It has certainly been a while. As long as my ipad doesn't act like a brick, I'll try to shake off some of the rust of not building in a few years, and try my hand at this.

I was thinking that too upon seeing this thread. Let’s give it our best like the good old days!
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,222
    Darn, this competition is smack dab in the middle of my examinations and this ends on Sunday.. Need to find time...
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,168
    I came back for this, just annoying using my iPhone for deepworld since my iPad died..
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 558
    AquaPhynn said:

I came back for this, just annoying using my iPhone for deepworld since my iPad died..

So you decided to buy a mac book just for Deepworld!

But mainly for work :tongue:
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    @mikelaurence

Two quick question regarding specifications on what you are looking for, to ensure that my entry is still within the parameters of what is being looked for.

1. Are we allowed to have parts of our base sticking out of the asteroid? (i.e. airlocks, antennae, etc.)

2. Can our base exist in more than one asteroid? (all within the competition protector, of course)
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,201
    toadlover said:

@mikelaurence

Two quick question regarding specifications on what you are looking for, to ensure that my entry is still within the parameters of what is being looked for.

1. Are we allowed to have parts of our base sticking out of the asteroid? (i.e. airlocks, antennae, etc.)

2. Can our base exist in more than one asteroid? (all within the competition protector, of course)

Yep and yep!
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,297
    @mikelaurence

By slight chance, are you looking to have spaceship bases? I really really wanted to make a spaceship dungeon, but seems weird if the spaceship would be stuck inside an asteroid.

Question is, if someone would make a spaceship dungeon, would it be considered at all?
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 501
    Spaceship could have crashed into the asteroid.
    edited December 2017

Spaceship could have crashed into the asteroid.

It could have, but it didn't. hehe.

I wanted to make a huge flying spaceship which would be a dungeon.

But it is a mining game, so it should technically be berried in dirt...
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 501
    Then what if the spaceship is the asteroid?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,131
    My crashed ship could technically be anywhere on the surface of something
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    So, another question. I've heard that some of these entries may become dungeons/bunkers in space biomes. Will the material that we make our asteroid out of matter when it comes to judging? I am using sandstone for the rock part of my asteroid because I like the texture better (and also didn't know that dirt would be unaffected by earthquakes). I can change to dirt if necessary, but would certainly prefer sandstone.
    toadlover said:

So, another question. I've heard that some of these entries may become dungeons/bunkers in space biomes. Will the material that we make our asteroid out of matter when it comes to judging? I am using sandstone for the rock part of my asteroid because I like the texture better (and also didn't know that dirt would be unaffected by earthquakes). I can change to dirt if necessary, but would certainly prefer sandstone.

I think the materials around the dungeon don't matter they will be voided when the dungeon will be used. BUT it's worth doing to make a better impression. :)
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 558
    toadlover said:

Muneeb said:

Um do we actually have to assume that asteroid blocks will be able to get shoveled?
    As we are using earth blocks instead of them in competition.

Asteroids are made of normal earth, just have a different appearance (like any biome earth).

And yeah they can be shoveled. Feel free to use stone or something else for part of it if you want a natural un-shovelable barrier!
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,202
    @mikelaurence Can we haz reset switches pretty pretty please? Manually closing all the doors is such a pain.
    I agree. The best way I can think of having a reset switch without disturbing nearby builds, is by making the comp pro itself a reset switch with same range of the pro radius.. Like by tapping the pro it'd get reset sort of thing.
    edited December 2017
    Some textures are missing in PC version? @toadlover 's entry looks weird in PC, cause its like orange stuff all around. Apparently its excavated dirt.
    Post edited by FlynnXD on
    dw.png
    1366 x 768 - 1M
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,131
    FlynnXD said:

Some textures are missing in PC version? @toadlover 's entry looks weird in PC, cause its like orange stuff all around. Apparently its excavated dirt.

The orange is the untextured sky
    FlynnXD said:

I agree. The best way I can think of having a reset switch without disturbing nearby builds, is by making the comp pro itself a reset switch with same range of the pro radius.. Like by tapping the pro it'd get reset sort of thing.

Funny thing is if the judges use /entry to travel around, they end up in the end of most dungeons, with no way to get out. Especially if the dungeon is reset.
    I made a teleport near the contest protector which takes people out to the begining of dungeon, hope that helps.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,201
    toadlover said:

The space biome dirt graphic looks like asteroid rock, so dirt is preferable.
    transmission-5.jpg
    717 x 650 - 178K
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 I Guess I’m backMember Posts: 600

toadlover said:

The space biome dirt graphic looks like asteroid rock, so dirt is preferable.
    I used limestone, should I change it? I did put a short note explaining it.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 895
    edited December 2017
    I ended up building something. I made it really annoying where you had to keep on trying to find the switches. >:3
    Also I didn't try so its looks crappy. At first I was really motivated but then I got lazy but I didn't want to destroy it. So yea, its half crappy, half meh.
    Its in Lunar One.
  • BleakBleak Binging 2-10 year old shows..Member Posts: 10
    I’m mc-loving it.
    FD0B44C3-3E46-4A88-9217-9D593FFA5DFB.jpeg
    1136 x 640 - 360K
    Bleak said:

I’m mc-loving it.

You trapped Joseph in an asteroid! :(
    edited December 2017
    Would this be considered for a space dungeon?
    dw9slim.jpg
    1698 x 2713 - 3M