Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Competition: Space Base - FINAL ENTRIES ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 356

FlynnXD said:

So, when does judging begin?

Tomorrow!
    Whoop! Whoop!
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 222

FlynnXD said:

So, when does judging begin?

Tomorrow!
    -sees what mike said-

omg YAYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Menocraft191Menocraft191 Porterville, CaliforniaMember Posts: 102
    judging is today! Im nervous :<
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    I have the feeling that I’ll never hear about my build from anybody. I really did work on it, but held back a lot to give that dungeon feel.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,791

Calling all judges! Visit Lunar One, Lunar Two, and Lunar Three to cast your nominations for entries that should be voted on. Nominate as many entries as you like - we'll set a nomination threshold that makes sense based on how many nominations are cast.

If you forgotten how to do this, it's simple! Just type /entry 1, /entry 2, etc, and click on the competition protector to nominate the entries you think merit actual votes.

Any winner of a previous competition should be on the judging list. Let me know if you've won in the past and you can't nominate.

Note: if not enough previous judges are available for this competition, we will figure out how to nominate some new ones. Stay tuned.

Not sure if I can judge in I am in the competition.
    But I can judge if needed.
    I have never been in any competition though, since there were none since Feb 2017 when I joined.
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 872
    Good luck everyone!!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,045

Calling all judges! Visit Lunar One, Lunar Two, and Lunar Three to cast your nominations for entries that should be voted on. Nominate as many entries as you like - we'll set a nomination threshold that makes sense based on how many nominations are cast.

If you forgotten how to do this, it's simple! Just type /entry 1, /entry 2, etc, and click on the competition protector to nominate the entries you think merit actual votes.

Any winner of a previous competition should be on the judging list. Let me know if you've won in the past and you can't nominate.

Note: if not enough previous judges are available for this competition, we will figure out how to nominate some new ones. Stay tuned.

Wait... why’s this post yellow and has only one like?
  • Menocraft191Menocraft191 Porterville, CaliforniaMember Posts: 102

Wait... why’s this post yellow and has only one like?
    I'm not sure, but I think it shows they're moderators
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,880
    When do the nominations have to be in by?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
    Sirentist said:

When do the nominations have to be in by?

We'll give it a few days and see how many judges are still lurking :)
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    Cool!
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 705
    So first of all I finally figured out I'm entry 107 (don't ask).

But my main concern is that they're teleporting into the final room of the dungeon and so won't get the chance to explore and figure out how the switch system works. My own one doesn't bother me so much but there's quite a few entries where you get stuck in the teleportation, which is a shame because they're all neat.

Maybe some warning for future competitions?
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,075

But my main concern is that they're teleporting into the final room of the dungeon and so won't get the chance to explore and figure out how the switch system works. My own one doesn't bother me so much but there's quite a few entries where you get stuck in the teleportation, which is a shame because they're all neat.

I feel that competitions would benefit a lot from "Entry Beacons" which you can place within your protector limits that tps people to it when they /entry to your number, but I am not a coder and don't know how difficult that would be to make...
    edited December 2017

Or the spawning position can be tweaked a bit, which should be easy to do. Suppose the comp protector is at Xe, Y down, the spawn point can be changed to Xe, (Y-Protector Radius)down. Basically, shift the spawn point just above the boundaries of the protector, while doing /entry. So, the judges can move around the dungeon, find the entrance and so on, like a in-game dungeon.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
    Can we expect the judges to really check all 1000 builds or are we going to be seeing the first like 50 judged and all the others just ignored?

Can we expect the judges to really check all 1000 builds or are we going to be seeing the first like 50 judged and all the others just ignored?

A LOT of the entries are empty, so the judging essentially will be much lesser than 1000 entries, so I suppose we all stand a fair chance.
    edited December 2017
    FlynnXD said:

A LOT of the entries are empty, so the judging essentially will be much lesser than 1000 entries, so I suppose we all stand a fair chance.
    When you say fair does that mean every judge will check entry 800 for example along with how they probably checked 1?

To me it seems like this system is flawed in so many ways because there are going to be a lot of people who just stop at 20-60 because they don't have the time, nor the will

FlynnXD said:

When you say fair does that mean every judge will check entry 800 for example along with how they probably checked 1?

To me it seems like this system is flawed in so many ways because there are going to be a lot of people who just stop at 20-60 because they don't have the time, nor the will
    I don't know, what other system would you propose? It's even sillier to expect Mike to go through all of them by himself. This is the best option we've got. Either ways, Mike did mention he had some other plans if judges didn't turn up. So, if all nominations are within the first 60 entries, Mike would probably know.

• mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 708
    How do I find my entry
    mofc1991 said:

How do I find my entry

Do /entry one by one till you get to your entry. I don't think there's any other way.
    Also mike, when I entered the competition I was named with MihirGames, that was the name of me at the time In game then I changed to only “Mihir” will it still be mine.?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,692
    edited December 2017

Also mike, when I entered the competition I was named with MihirGames, that was the name of me at the time In game then I changed to only “Mihir” will it still be mine.?

Yeah, it’s like if someone has a normal protector then changes their name
    EDIT: Also, if someone is confused about mine (lunar two, entry 67), it would be a bunker, not a big dungeon with the protector and mech chest and, uh, stuff
    Post edited by IronManArcher on

Yeah, it’s like if someone has a normal protector then changes their name
    EDIT: Also, if someone is confused about mine (lunar two, entry 67), it would be a bunker, not a big dungeon with the protector and mech chest and, uh, stuff
    The green plaque says MihirGames though
    Adding a command like /next or /back would be pretty helpful. Would save a lot of time and effort.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,880
    For checking out builds that require you to start at a point that is NOT the green protector, it would be nice to have a blue tele right beside the world spawn.
    I put a teleporter right next to my build, also mine is /entry 15
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    FlynnXD said:

I don't know, what other system would you propose? It's even sillier to expect Mike to go through all of them by himself. This is the best option we've got. Either ways, Mike did mention he had some other plans if judges didn't turn up. So, if all nominations are within the first 60 entries, Mike would probably know.

Cough

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/21548/future-competitions#latest