Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Markets land

The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I dieMember Posts: 372
edited December 2017 in Questions
So I was taking my daily stroll through Times today and randomly tapping on pros, when I realized that the majority of these players probably havent played in years on end. So I was wondering if anyone else felt that land from years-old, inactive players should be taken away from them (with all items placed back into their inventory that was on the land) after a certain time that player has been gone (Ex: 2-3 years).

Please throw down any thoughts you might have. Just wondering who else agrees with me on this

Markets land 36 votes

Heck yes! Ive been waiting for this for years!
36%
BloonsmineThe_MarauderChickenshock_waveElectroxBrainGamerAthenaMenocraft191IronManArcherAviatrixClownRhinoClawDank_frank 13 votes
No this is a badddd idea..
41%
toadloverItzDenniszZacywackoAquaPhynnMuneebGilbyAMWhyBastian7TealHyenaDominus_MortisWaldoDebatormofc1991DetechMiesnerMan86 15 votes
Idk. Maybe... its iffy(give a reason why)
22%
ChatotTheParrotvmh20JusticeGamingHydroblade29CerealKiller_Brainstorm_FrostyMihirGames 8 votes

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,446
    Boom. One vote to rule them all.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
    vmh20 said:

Prymancer has shown that people can be offline for years and then return, but I would agree with this for the most part. I really dislike that hugegnome left his land like pure trash, makes Times Square look messy. I also dislike the land to the right of his with the acid on the floor and the single note. Since spawners cost crowns, what Mike could do is give players a 30 day warning to remove all spawners in the main markets then they're removed to free up space. It's how I got my land through the Inhibitors being removed a year and a half ago.

I used to hang around in times trying to buy spawners, and it drove me mad seeing all those spawners mocking me xD
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 344
    I would love for this to happen, butttttttttt if you were a player that say decided to do somethin big in there life and took a few years break. Then came back to find there land took again by some player. If it was me I would be mad af. Just my opinion don't hurt me :innocent:
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 700
    Absolutely not. Granted that I want land in times, these players may have claimed this land to leave a legacy. How would you like to build a large statue, and 10 years after your death someone takes it down to build an apartment complex?
  • RhinoClawRhinoClaw HellMember Posts: 143
    TealHyena said:

Absolutely not. Granted that I want land in times, these players may have claimed this land to leave a legacy. How would you like to build a large statue, and 10 years after your death someone takes it down to build an apartment complex?

I agree Oh..
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
    vmh20 said:

RhinoClaw said:

TealHyena said:

I agree Oh..
    Forgot about that one, take it down.
    Also the one to the right, it’s been there for too long
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 I Guess I’m backMember Posts: 600
    like taking candy from a baby
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I dieMember Posts: 372

vmh20 said:

RhinoClaw said:

TealHyena said:

I agree Oh..
    Forgot about that one, take it down.
    Also the one to the right, it’s been there for too long
    Theres numerous ones under spawn owned by (probably) newbs from years ago. Most of them are messy and disorganized, and serve no other purpose than taking up space.
    TealHyena said:

I would make absolutely sure that if I couldnt be there, then I would have someone in my place protect it. Besides, I would be dead anyways. But leaving a legacy in this form - in my opinion - means leaving behind something to show the DW community how hard you’ve worked to get to where you are, and that you truly, rightfully earned that spot and deserve to have it. Not that you just threw down protectors when the world was new and called it quits a month later.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,896
    I'm just going to redirect you to this thread
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/25785/times-squares-clean-up
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 135
    Ok so I voted heck yes (as you can see) but after reading this I'm not so sure.

Honestly it's true that a lot of players leave their land there for the point of legacy and that's nice.

I am a bit disappointed that @hugegnome left his in shambles but you know, it's a reminder of what once was I guess.

Anyway.... I don't know.

Quite a lot of left over land is pretty unused though.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 518
    Id love too but as in my thread not even the spawners should be removed.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,014
    I think the devs should fly in and remove some spammy ones and give them back to their players manually instead
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 614
    I don’t want my land taken from me
    mofc1991 said:

I don’t want my land taken from me

If you’re active, it won’t be
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I dieMember Posts: 372
    So those of you that say no, do you agree that even the land that newbies from years ago have should still be theirs? Despite the fact that they will probably never resurface again? Because the whole legacy thing you guys are getting at I totally understand. Players that have earned the land and actually left something for you to remember them by should keep it, yes.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 247

So those of you that say no, do you agree that even the land that newbies from years ago have should still be theirs? Despite the fact that they will probably never resurface again? Because the whole legacy thing you guys are getting at I totally understand. Players that have earned the land and actually left something for you to remember them by should keep it, yes.

Honestly, even if their land looks like trash, I wouldn't take it. I would rather prefer the devs opening up a new market world, but I don't see that happening, and if it does, I don't see it surviving, mostly because new player market worlds become popular for only about 1-3 days.
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 868
    I should also mention banned players should have all of their protectors removed.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 208
    Depends, if the player is not active. Like NEVER EVER ON then i’d Say give the land away.

Or there could just be a new Times Square.

Depends, if the player is not active. Like NEVER EVER ON then i’d Say give the land away.

Times Square has a special place in all of our hearts, a second Times Square would fail.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 208
    vmh20 said:

Times Square has a special place in all of our hearts, a second Times Square would fail.

True, true I’ve always loved the land hugemon had before that guy ruined it and how old the place is, it’s the most popular trading world too.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 518
    vmh20 said:

-New Market- Vmh: RIp my land

vmh20 said:

-New Market- Vmh: RIp my land
    I really don’t care about the value of my land, I’m just saying a Times Square 2 (electric boogaloo) would most likely fail in terms of popularity.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Member Posts: 558
    vmh20 said:

I should also mention banned players should have all of their protectors removed.

I agree, after a player gets banned, their protector(s) decays and if anyone claims it first, they'll own the protector(s).
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    edited December 2017
    Of course, removing protectors of inactive players wouldn't be moral, so we shall not go to that side at all, but the spawners strewn across times.. Thats ridiculous. I can see if players place protectors, build some significant thing and leave the game, keeping it as a mark of their existence. Yes, that is very much fine, but randomly placing spawners? And then quitting, not even using that land? That not even a notion of them trying to claim land for themselves, it's literally an attempt to hinder anyone else from using the land either. It is one thing to claim land for yourself, and it's another to not allow anyone else to claim it either. That in my eyes, is unfair. If the player had placed protectors and done whatever inside it than throwing around spawners like crap, it'd have been a reasonable thing for them to do and for us to understand why it's a mark they left. I vote we clear up the spawners and return them to respective inventories similar to how inhibitors were done with a month of warning.
    edited December 2017
    FlynnXD said:

Of course, removing protectors of inactive players wouldn't be moral, so we shall not go to that side at all, but the spawners strewn across times.. Thats ridiculous. I can see if players place protectors, build some significant thing and leave the game, keeping it as a mark of their existence. Yes, that is very much fine, but randomly placing spawners? And then quitting, not even using that land? That not even a notion of them trying to claim land for themselves, it's literally an attempt to hinder anyone else from using the land either. It is one thing to claim land for yourself, and it's another to not allow anyone else to claim it either. That in my eyes, is unfair. If the player had placed protectors and done whatever inside it than throwing around spawners like crap, it'd have been a reasonable thing for them to do and for us to understand why it's a mark they left. I vote we clear up the spawners and return them to respective inventories similar to how inhibitors were done with a month of warning.

I hope Mike sees stuff like this, we need spawners removed in markets.