Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Will DW be affected by the repeal of Net Neutrality?

Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 938
Get in your bunkers, folks.

Comments

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,623
    No

STOP MAKING NET NEUTRALITY A BIG DEAL
  • SpyroSpyro Dumb enough to tryMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,689
    You will have to buy an MMO package for 19.99 a month to access deepworld.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I dieMember Posts: 372
    If its online, itll most likely be effected IF anything is put into place.

Besides, due to the number of lawsuits that will stack up, itll probably go to The Supreme Court. Once there, they will (almost certainly) overrule it
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,623
    Did you have to do anything different before 2015?

Net neutrality was enacted in 2015.

JESUS PEOPLE
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 938
    PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

Well I know that, but now that the internet influences the public more, internet companies will want to control what we can see.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 650
    PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

In 2015 the rules on net neutrality were made stronger and stricter. It has been there before, but the government needed to actually pass some bills to enforce it. The only one profiting from this are the corperations. Everyone will get screwed. Imaging star wars battlefront 2 being your internet provider
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,439
    Debator said:

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

In 2015 the rules on net neutrality were made stronger and stricter. It has been there before, but the government needed to actually pass some bills to enforce it. The only one profiting from this are the corperations. Everyone will get screwed. Imaging star wars battlefront 2 being your internet provider
    If it passes the Supreme Court, that is.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 501
    edited December 2017
    PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

You have no idea what the repeal of net neutrality truly means do you? This is a much bigger deal than you know.
    IMG_1303.JPG
    1500 x 1365 - 219K
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882

PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

You have no idea what the repeal of net neutrality truly means do you? This is a much bigger deal than you know.
    Normal people don’t need that sort of internet speed anyways. All I care about it is that it’ll infuriate my brother, and it’ll be funny.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 501
    Shadow711 said:

PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

Normal people don’t need that sort of internet speed anyways. All I care about it is that it’ll infuriate my brother, and it’ll be funny.
    Not just internet speed at stake...
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 650
    Shadow711 said:

PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

That jus

Thats not what is the problem. Educate yourself about the subject before making claims like that

Also nice relationship with ur brother there
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,128
    Don’t worry, the rioters will fix it
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,909
    And I had hope to return to the game..

Well, seeya next harvesting season
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    edited December 2017
    Debator said:

Shadow711 said:

PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

That jus

Thats not what is the problem. Educate yourself about the subject before making claims like that

I’m fairly educated about it. It’ll be good by keeping people off of dangerous websites, and you can STILL get to them if you use a VPN. Sure, the internet will be slower, but as I said, I don’t need fast internet.

Also yeah, I get in fights almost daily with my brother. Some happen to be verbal, some not so much.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,295
    Shadow711 said:

Debator said:

Shadow711 said:

PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

That jus

I’m fairly educated about it. It’ll be good by keeping people off of dangerous websites, and you can STILL get to them if you use a VPN. Sure, the internet will be slower, but as I said, I don’t need fast internet.

Also yeah, I get in fights almost daily with my brother. Some happen to be verbal, some not so much.
    'Dangerous websites' - could be anything from actual dangerous website to just ones with an unwanted opinion on things.
    Detech said:

Shadow711 said:

Debator said:

Shadow711 said:

PIPTR0 said:

No

PIPTR0 said:

JESUS PEOPLE

That jus

'Dangerous websites' - could be anything from actual dangerous website to just ones with an unwanted opinion on things.
    Yeah. Unfortunately, websites that aren’t so dangerous wouldn’t be accessible either.
  • KaitBKaitB Canada, ehMember Posts: 1,473
    Yes, there are websites that can and do legitimately harm a person's wellbeing through other means than opposing opinions. However, whether or not the government has the responsibility or right to restrict civilians' voluntary access to, and thus knowledge of, those websites is subject to discussion
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,128
    Yo internet is so slow, Net Neutrality ain’t got nothin’ on it
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    Many people have no idea what they are talking about here.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,295
    Net Neutrality is already affecting DW because of this discussion :( lol
  • TishkuTishku i can feel 96 emotions in a minMember Posts: 20
    Chill, it has to go through Congress first.