Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Every Bug On Steam Version Of Deepworld

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,011
edited December 2017 in iOS and Mac Clients
List is what the title says. This is a whole break down of every bug I have found listed out and explained. I'm hoping mike sees this and it can be a helpful starting point to start cracking down on these issues, because honestly, having to type /exo every 3 minutes is annoying.

This list is in no order and is just everything I found on the Windows 10 steam version of Deepworld. This is just the list I see from when I spawn in a world and start looking for every bug, if I miss any please tell me and I'll update the list because there is a ton. So many in fact that I forget about them and can't check them in game because I don't remember them.

1.) Exo suits do not stay on when you world travel, change your equipped hot bar preset or leave/join a world.

2.) Steam pipe corners edges connect very poorly and the edges can be seen, the seamlessness is missing entirely.

3.) Turrets are stretched down in a weird way and fire rapidly, and bullets seem to only damage you 1/3rd of the time. Turret icon for the "Trap Pack" in the shop is also stretched.

4.) When mining something like limestone, the particle system has black squares rather than the hit effect.

5.) Background blocks stop being seamless once zoomed out entirely. Including the invisible blocks above the surfaces earth, little red edges can be seen.

6.) Rain goes behind background blocks rather than into the caves you make at the surface.

7.) All roofs Z fight horribly with each other, rather than layering and being set in a different Z from each other.

8.) All exo parts, power pack, exploring pack, survival pack, automata pack, engineering pack, onyx scope, exo skin, all buyables from the resources and clothing and emotes tab, and the world machines are stretched out and misshaped inside the shop

9.) Attempting to scroll with the mouse wheel in crafting/inventory is extremely slow and needs a huge sensitivity boost.

10.) Sometimes turrets show up as little grey metal circles, all turrets above t1 look like fancy gears and have no turret visual to them, on top of that only fire to the right and do not aim(bullets still hurt you if you go up and run into them).

11.) Crystals, mushrooms, etc. are missing there glowing effect.

12.) Spikes, stalactite, etc do not deal damage if facing downwards, only upwards.

13.) Missing the ability to rotate spikes in any direction.

14.) Target teleporters glow effect is white, rather than teal.

15.) Not entirely sure if this is a bug, but I don't remember it on IoS. Large crystals of any size can be collided with and block movement.

16.) Butler bots are invisible and have no functionality.

17.) Hatchets mine blocks rather than damage them.

18.) Clocks of any kind are missing there hands.

19.) Target teleporter beacons layer over things like bridges and blocks.

20.) W and S make the inventory and crafting scroll very slightly... but only when scrolled down beforehand.

21.) Brain tanks wrap around the first layer incorrectly but then wrap correctly the rest of the way up.

22.) Once you enter a liquid a temperature bar appears and does not go away until you change worlds.

23.) Vote plaques text overlaps the player.

24.) Spikes are a little larger than IoS ones so some dungeons aren't able to be raided because you cannot slide through the spikes on top of spikes.

25.) Using a target teleporter lands you at the beacon... but inside of a wall or floor and you will not slide out and will be stuck if unlucky with no way to slide out.

26.) Things like chains overlap signs on the Z axis, but the text overlaps the chains or objects. (From what I've seen the normal signs may be fixed, but vote plaques and normal white plaques aren't fixed).

27.) Spikes will flash rapidly from being on top of and behind pillars.

28.) If you lag out when someones firing a weapon, the particles will be stuck on your loading screen.

29.) Upon lagging out a large black circle inside a black box will appear in the center of your screen with a arrow facing down and a number above it.

30.) Conveyors do not move the player at all when standing on them.

31.) The /mood command is non-existent.

32.) Full built world machines look the same as non built ones.

33.) Missing the ability to use any of our emotes and yet they are in the shop to buy.

34.) Missing the ability to private message or favorite anyone.

35.) Decorations likes figures, daguerreotypes, etc are offset to the right and look absolutely wonky when on a pedestal.

36.) Crystal blocks show up all grey in the inventory and have no color.

37.) Yellow crystals have a 1 block hitbox rather than 2(You can walk through the top but not the bottom).

38.) Backgrounds of old worlds are extremely high up for the height of the surfaces base.

39.) Sometimes there is no background at all underground and you are left with a tan-ish color void.

40.) Upon mining a fossil, dungeon protector, etc. and not receiving the item itself it gives you "Air", which will fill an empty slot with a yellow crystals icon in your hotbar, and then a abacus when placing.

41.) Small stalactite hanging from the ceilings are 3 blocks wide when they should be 1 creating invisible walls in caves.

42.) Platinum Pickaxe does not show up when held.

43.) Crows and Moons do not display and typing /order brings up the menu but does not have any functionality when applying

44.) When editing your notes/signs/etc what was previously typed is no longer there.

45.) When destroying huge bulks of turrets the sound stops playing after about 5 and then blasts all of them at once like a minute later blowing your ears out, this may be hilarious at times but pls it hurts.

46.) World machines cannot be configured, moved or picked up.

47.) /help has no general help, which can be frustrating when trying to remember a command.

48.) After using a target teleporter you will be stuck in a wall most the time and the weird arms flailing everywhere animation begins playing pretty much until you type /spawn to get unstuck.

49.) Tilesheets for balloons, pipes, steam vents, etc are all bugged and offset weirdly and don't correctly seamlessly connect at the edges.

50.) Portable teleporters menu will pop up when in the hotbar and clicked but has no further usability after that and is missing its cross platform functionality.

51.) Sometimes when moving and firing things that use steam as particles, the steam will go flying through the ground and will be above ground blocks.

52.) Clouds do not move and are still.

53.) There is clouds in the space biome.(I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it's not realistic lol)

54.) Check screenshot in below comment.

55.) Attempting to move between spikes with a 2 block difference in height cannot be moved through making some dungeons inaccessible.

There may be more but this is just my quick write up of things I found, **please feel free to list everything I missed and I will update this list accordingly**, and mike if you are reading this and going "But that's gonna take forever" I completely understand, but at the very least can you fix the exo suit bug, it has to be the most headache worthy bug ever.
Post edited by JusticeGaming on

Comments

• derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,131
    edited December 2017
    My vote would be, pass on steam version and full attention for iOS.

Edit for android. iOS and android would be my choice.
    Post edited by derpdee on
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,011
    edited December 2017
    derpdee said:

My vote would be, pass on steam version and full attention for iOS.

Why would you want that... You would be throwing a large number of the player base out and for a indie game, that is the worst possible thing you could do. That's losing thousands of possible dollars and giving your game extremely bad reviews, if it gets to the point of unplayable. If you could give me a logical explanation better than "I wanna go fast and I could care less about you guys", then I'm keeping my current standpoint.

Thank you, this is much appreciated.

Happy to help! Hope some of this can get resolved in the new year!
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,075
    One big thing I’d like to point out is that playing on PC just feels sluggish in all ways. Nothing flows, nothing feels smooth.
    Aura said:

One big thing I’d like to point out is that playing on PC just feels sluggish in all ways. Nothing flows, nothing feels smooth.

I think that really has to do with the players collision boxes, they are just a tad too large, that and the missing features IOS brings with mining, the PC's mining is beyond clunky and really needs some help somehow, whether that means slightly faster mining or something I couldn't say, it just doesn't have the same ease of access that IOS has.

IOS has a kind of Terraria mining feel to it where it mines smoothly to where your mouse/stick is pointed, where as on PC it is really just the exact spot your mouse is. What may be needed is to mine stuff pointed towards the mouse maybe? Could be hard considering it would probably use ray casting collisions, but I'm sure mike could figure it out if that was the problem, I can't really say though. Something about it feels really unpolished and missing.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,040

Aura said:

I think that really has to do with the players collision boxes, they are just a tad too large, that and the missing features IOS brings with mining, the PC's mining is beyond clunky and really needs some help somehow, whether that means slightly faster mining or something I couldn't say, it just doesn't have the same ease of access that IOS has.

IOS has a kind of Terraria mining feel to it where it mines smoothly to where your mouse/stick is pointed, where as on PC it is really just the exact spot your mouse is. What may be needed is to mine stuff pointed towards the mouse maybe? Could be hard considering it would probably use ray casting collisions, but I'm sure mike could figure it out if that was the problem, I can't really say though. Something about it feels really unpolished and missing.
    That would lead us to not being able to mine blocks that are behind the block in front of us without mining the block in front of us

Aura said:

That would lead us to not being able to mine blocks that are behind the block in front of us without mining the block in front of us
    Yea that's true, maybe making it toggle-able by clicking middle mouse button or something? I have no clue how it would work, like I said, just current things feel really clunky.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,150
    PC has the sounds of energy, frost and steam while iOS doesn’t strangely.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 883
    that is a pretty good list nice
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,040

Aura said:

Yea that's true, maybe making it toggle-able by clicking middle mouse button or something? I have no clue how it would work, like I said, just current things feel really clunky.
    We can already toggle it on mobile, to mine behind stuff, use your finger, to mine in front of you, use the cursor

Aura said:

We can already toggle it on mobile, to mine behind stuff, use your finger, to mine in front of you, use the cursor
    Yea, but we're talking about the PC version on Steam, we are missing this feature even though it's part of the core mechanics of mining.
    Continuation of bugs.

42.) Platinum Pickaxe does not show up when held.

43.) Crows and Moons do not display and typing /order brings up the menu but does not have any functionality when applying

44.) When editing your notes/signs/etc what was previously typed is no longer there.

45.) When destroying huge bulks of turrets the sound stops playing after about 5 and then blasts all of them at once like a minute later blowing your ears out, this may be hilarious at times but pls it hurts.

46.) World machines cannot be configured, moved or picked up.

47.) /help has no general help, which can be frustrating when trying to remember a command.

48.) After using a target teleporter you will be stuck in a wall most the time and the weird arms flailing everywhere animation begins playing pretty much until you type /spawn to get unstuck.

49.) Tilesheets for balloons, pipes, steam vents, etc are all bugged and offset weirdly and don't correctly seamlessly connect at the edges.

50.) Portable teleporters menu will pop up when in the hotbar and clicked but has no further usability after that and is missing its cross platform functionality.

51.) Sometimes when moving and firing things that use steam as particles, the steam will go flying through the ground and will be above ground blocks.

52.) Clouds do not move and are still.

53.) There is clouds in the space biome.(I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it's not realistic lol)

54.) I know I said something about the background already, but I thought I would put a screenshot, because when on ground level of old worlds you can see the ends and starts of the mountains and the bottoms of the parallax background layers.

55.) Attempting to move between spikes with a 2 block difference in height cannnot be moved through making some dungeons inaccessible.

I'll leave it at 55 for now, hope this helps in squashing bugs and polishing.
    Screenshot (411).png
    1250 x 610 - 781K
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 870
    44. I really hate, it happens too much.
  • IMaTunaFaceXDIMaTunaFaceXD Member Posts: 74
    Ermmm take terraria as an example.... you can mine block by block or there is an option to mine easier by toggling on a mining option which would allow you to mine three blocks after each other without having to move you mouse to hit one block at a time
    Here's something new I found. Middle glass block in times square has no collision, I'm lazy and don't feel like testing this much further than just knowing every time I spawn inside of Times Square I fall into water and drown if I'm afk.

Screenshot (471).png
    1366 x 768 - 1M
    Screenshot (472).png
    1366 x 768 - 1M