Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

'Central World' project

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 460
I would like to propose building a world where we would have the following areas:
1. Central Court
2. Major Marker
3. Builders Guild
4. World Archive
And maybe other major structures (open to discussion)
The rest of the world would be open for public to grab space.

This ia quite an ambitious project which would work great if ot had devs involvement.
Here people would come not only to trade, but to get information on official and maybe none official news.

1. Central Court - a place where people spawn and have various information on contests and other updates available.

2. Major Market - place for trading and maybe have some sort of value price installed on a few items for people to orientate to, or not.

3. Builders Guild - place where quests, world projects and contests are announced. For example lllmmmzz builds a new xp farm, and we can make a post there. :)

4. World Archive
Place where we post different world's which are from good builders, or markets, or PvP worlds, or xp farms. And so on.

This world would need administrators who would keep track of things.

Any ideas, or thought you have on how to protect and run this world, please post.

And do we even need a world like this? Is it possible to build at all?

Comments

• vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 783
    edited December 2017
    This sounds like a really cool idea, I’d love to be an administrator.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 460
    vmh20 said:

This sounds like a really cool idea, I’d love to be an administrator.

We could have an administrator for each section.
    I personally can help build the project, and I am sure there are many builders who could help.

But runnuing it is a different story.
    And it's also up to @mikelaurence . Cause maybe they want the game to be less organised and more free roaming.

I personally don't see this working as a private world run by certain players, they would be accused for manopolizing information.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 525
    I’d love to be a part of this
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 341
    I would help.
    Frosty said:

I would help.

Maybe if we manage to grab some land in new times square near spawn, or @mikelaurence lets us build community structures there... that would be awesome!
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 341
    Oh yes I'll be grabbing me some great land iv been dreaming of
  • IMaTunaFaceXDIMaTunaFaceXD Member Posts: 41
    I would like to join in >~<
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 497
    Detech said:

I would like to propose building a world where we would have the following areas:
    1. Central Court
    2. Major Marker
    3. Builders Guild
    4. World Archive

This ia quite an ambitious project which would work great if ot had devs involvement.
    Here people would come not only to trade, but to get information on official and maybe none official news.

1. Central Court - a place where people spawn and have various information on contests and other updates available.

2. Major Market - place for trading and maybe have some sort of value price installed on a few items for people to orientate to, or not.

3. Builders Guild - place where quests, world projects and contests are announced. For example lllmmmzz builds a new xp farm, and we can make a post there. :)

4. World Archive
    Place where we post different world's which are from good builders, or markets, or PvP worlds, or xp farms. And so on.

Any ideas, or thought you have on how to protect and run this world, please post.

Your world idea is conflicting with my world concept "Project Yggdrasil".

Detech said:

1. Central Court
    2. Major Marker
    3. Builders Guild
    4. World Archive

4. World Archive

Yggdrasil? What does that mean?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Request mobs or mob combinations in my “Mobs In a Jar” thread, and I’ll get em” in!Member Posts: 1,083
    Detech said:

Detech said:

1. Central Court
    2. Major Marker
    3. Builders Guild
    4. World Archive

4. World Archive

You go grapes dripping raisins at Sendiks in Louisiana, obviously. Also, I would love to help! I’d also like to recommend a world called Griffinfoot Way, where I build all my things. Hope one of you have protectors, cause I’m fresh out
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 139
    I wanna build stuff.W.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,162
    edited December 2017
    Detech said:

In general, Yggdrasil is the world tree, that is, the huge swaying tree connecting the nine worlds in Norse mythology. It's a nice name for a project.
    sFvQesFr.jpg
    1456 x 1119 - 385K
  • DuckysOnQuackDuckysOnQuack Member Posts: 12
    sounds great :smile:
    FlynnXD said:

Detech said:

In general, Yggdrasil is the world tree, that is, the huge swaying tree connecting the nine worlds in Norse mythology. It's a nice name for a project.
    It might be a nice name, but people will miss spell it all the time.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 525
    edited December 2017

TealHyena said:

Overnight, members of ADW constructed the 1st Space Biome Box Spawner in Deepworld!

Nova XP.

Spawn is built on a natural asteroid barrier - super novas cannot harm you!

For now, this world spawns all types of brains, and occasionally a Lord Brain. Many types of automa can also be farmed here. Low health and high xp yield. But the best is to come! New mobs with new drops are being added to the Space Biome! They will be farm-able here.

Come say hello, and get some XP while you are at it :)

BECOMING PUBLIC THIS EVENING!
    Sadly, it’s making me wait to toggle public on/off again. Should be this evening. Sorry. :(

Edit: oof. That’s weird. There was no discussion category drop down selection box. Guess it is just in gripes and grins. Apologies.

I'm only a tad salty about the fact you'll take business away from the Hybrid Farm I was considering making for space but good going.

Detech said:

1. Central Court
    2. Major Marker
    3. Builders Guild
    4. World Archive

4. World Archive

How many unfinished ideas do you have xD
    So we have three options at the moment:
    1. If we get enough people in the New Times who want to use their land for the project, we shall build those structures there.
    2. If we don't get enought land, but hopefully get a spot near the spawn, we can put an ad there.
    3. We get a spot near spawn and build the rest of the project in New Times, but not near spawn and inform people to travel there.

In any case, the more people we get to participate, the more chances we have.

I would love to get a spot near spawn when new times comes out but that is very unlikely, since I am rarely in Times and when I am on, im somewhere building.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 497
    TealHyena said:

TealHyena said:

Overnight, members of ADW constructed the 1st Space Biome Box Spawner in Deepworld!

Nova XP.

For now, this world spawns all types of brains, and occasionally a Lord Brain. Many types of automa can also be farmed here. Low health and high xp yield. But the best is to come! New mobs with new drops are being added to the Space Biome! They will be farm-able here.

Sadly, it’s making me wait to toggle public on/off again. Should be this evening. Sorry. :(

Edit: oof. That’s weird. There was no discussion category drop down selection box. Guess it is just in gripes and grins. Apologies.

I'm only a tad salty about the fact you'll take business away from the Hybrid Farm I was considering making for space but good going.

Detech said:

1. Central Court
    2. Major Marker
    3. Builders Guild
    4. World Archive

4. World Archive

Too many.

TealHyena said:

TealHyena said:

Nova XP.

Detech said:

1. Central Court
    2. Major Marker
    3. Builders Guild
    4. World Archive

4. World Archive

Too many.
    Time to finish some of them!
    We can all work on the project together!
    It will benefit the DW community, and give us some order in this chaotic game full of unknown worlds!
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 226
    edited January 2
    I like what I see.
    Edit: I would love to participate!