Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

The Yearly Times Square Project

Comments

• FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 344
    TealHyena said:

Im not mad or complaining. Just stating what might happen.

Wasn't directing it at you. Was saying no matter what mike does, everyone will never be happy.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 244
    edited December 2017
    Frosty said:

TealHyena said:

Wasn't directing it at you. Was saying no matter what mike does, everyone will never be happy.
    Everyone has their own opinions, you need to chill and quit making such bold statements over plain comments. (Yes you have done this to other people before and within a short time span)
    You can't just say that people are complaining when you're the one complaining about them. So now that that's cleared out, quit yapping over something that shouldn't bother you and look at the world in a more positive way. On a different topic, this would be a great idea, I just hope that this new "Times Square" won't die within a few weeks or months and people will move on back to the old one just like what happens when new markets arise into publicity.
    Post edited by CerealKiller on
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,222
    This is a nice initiative! I'm up for it. Essentially, I'm up for any set up resulting in lesser lag, and lesser useless crap placed around the spawn. So, this is cool.

Frosty said:

TealHyena said:

Everyone has their own opinions, you need to chill and quit making such bold statements over plain comments. (Yes you have done this to other people before and within a short time span)
    You can't just say that people are complaining when you're the one complaining about them. So now that that's cleared out, quit yapping over something that shouldn't bother you and look at the world in a more positive way. On a different topic, this would be a great idea, I just hope that this new "Times Square" will die within a few weeks or months and people will move on back to the old one just like what happens when new markets arise into publicity.
    And now your complaining about my opnion. All I'm doing is stating facts. People asked for updates, and mike gave us one finally and hardly anyone likes. I'm simply saying that no matter how the markets are, someone will still be disappointed.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,142
    Frosty said:

Frosty said:

TealHyena said:

You can't just say that people are complaining when you're the one complaining about them. So now that that's cleared out, quit yapping over something that shouldn't bother you and look at the world in a more positive way. On a different topic, this would be a great idea, I just hope that this new "Times Square" will die within a few weeks or months and people will move on back to the old one just like what happens when new markets arise into publicity.
    And now your complaining about my opnion. All I'm doing is stating facts. People asked for updates, and mike gave us one finally and hardly anyone likes. I'm simply saying that no matter how the markets are, someone will still be disappointed.
    Only a select few people don’t like space, but that’s probably just ‘cause not everything has been released yet
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,104
    I vote for change!

Frosty said:

TealHyena said:

On a different topic, this would be a great idea, I just hope that this new "Times Square" will die within a few weeks or months and people will move on back to the old one just like what happens when new markets arise into publicity.

You think it's a great Idea, but hope that it fails? What?
    Even otherwise, I don't think we can predict much about what will happen. If the new world will be named Times Square, it is likely that everyone will go there, but then there are still people who like the Laggy and messy current world, so I'm not sure what will happen.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 244
    FlynnXD said:

Frosty said:

TealHyena said:

On a different topic, this would be a great idea, I just hope that this new "Times Square" will die within a few weeks or months and people will move on back to the old one just like what happens when new markets arise into publicity.

You think it's a great Idea, but hope that it fails? What?
    Even otherwise, I don't think we can predict much about what will happen. If the new world will be named Times Square, it is likely that everyone will go there, but then there are still people who like the Laggy and messy current world, so I'm not sure what will happen.
    Whoopsies, huge typo there, I think you know what I mean, but i'll edit it anyway.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 776
    oh boi i gotta that sweet land man
  • DuckysOnQuackDuckysOnQuack Member Posts: 13
    Can´t Wait for new times square ban spawners please lmao..
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 957
    I already know how the economy is going to shift so hard once some people start getting the land near spawn, but the one thing I see as a problem in this is the "your land is only good for a year and then we are making it useless". I think making this a one time thing is a better solution, but maybe that's just me.

If you're new and want to own something worth a notch or more just grab a protector or two above or beside spawn, you'll be rich almost immediately because someone will buy it for some stupidly high price.

Happy to see you're getting back into the community after a couple pretty dead years, thanks Mike!
  • UrbanUrban Member Posts: 13
    Sounds neat and all but what about the data storage??? Cause I’m a student and gotta have storage for those exams
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,142
    Urban said:

Sounds neat and all but what about the data storage??? Cause I’m a student and gotta have storage for those exams

If you can stand the original Times Square, you can stand this one
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 135

Everybody is complaining about Deepworld's Times Square, and rightfully so. It's old and crufty! But we've got a simple solution. Every year, we're going to make a new Times Square and rename the previous one. This will ensure it's not crowded with the same abandoned structures for years on end.

We'll make sure there are limits for protectors, etc. so there's plenty of room for many people to stake out some land.

Sound like a reasonable plan?

UM WAIT so everyone who already has land will have the previous year's times sq just thrown into the trash and their land will be worthless..? I mean so each year there'll be a new prymancer and hugegnome? I feel like a lot of players will be a bit sad to come back and find their beloved land worthless and abandoned...

Idk it's still a good idea just a bit.. unusual???
    edited December 2017
    Aviatrix said:

Everybody is complaining about Deepworld's Times Square, and rightfully so. It's old and crufty! But we've got a simple solution. Every year, we're going to make a new Times Square and rename the previous one. This will ensure it's not crowded with the same abandoned structures for years on end.

We'll make sure there are limits for protectors, etc. so there's plenty of room for many people to stake out some land.

Sound like a reasonable plan?

UM WAIT so everyone who already has land will have the previous year's times sq just thrown into the trash and their land will be worthless..? I mean so each year there'll be a new prymancer and hugegnome? I feel like a lot of players will be a bit sad to come back and find their beloved land worthless and abandoned...

Idk it's still a good idea just a bit.. unusual???
    Land having a price, and land trading isn't encouraged officially, I think. So, the only eligibility you get to have a good piece of land is to be early, and you'll have it for whatever purpose for a whole year. Land trading can be drastically eliminated, because it makes no sense buying land that'll lose importance in a year. By creating new worlds every year, land ownership need not be stagnant, and can rotate between different players. Perhaps a year is too frequent, but two years seems fine. At any rate, regardless, I believe that the current times has lived its life and needs to be changed. Granted, it has memories, but deepworld is in a new phase now, with space biome release and Mike returning to the community, I'd like to think of it as a new beginning.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 500
    Any specific time it will be made?
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 847
    edited December 2017
    Sirentist said:

I think it will be sad for Times Square to lose its historical name. The historian in me objects! Just like in real life, Times Square is messy, overcrowded, chaotic, garish, and all the good real estate is taken. The reason it's the financial hub of Deepworld is precisely because of its long history. Stealing its name won't make a new market world somehow rise to the same level of prominence. Times Square is Times Square. It is what it is, which is part of its horrible beauty.

I get it that the current generation of players would like a brand-new dev-owned market world of its own, but that can be accomplished without robbing the "real" Times Square of its name. Let Deepworld keep this controversial, fascinating, frustrating part of its history intact. Leave Times Square alone.

If you absolutely MUST do something to "fix" Times Square, then take away the spawners. People have been begging for this for years. No one has been asking to have Times Square demoted.

Whatever you name the new market, I do think there should be a limit on the number of protectors. (Not that this will really make a difference due to alts, but it's a nice gesture.) I also think that placement of the following items should be categorically disallowed:

-inhibitors
    -spawners
    -pets and androids
    -exploders
    -turrets
    -landmark plaques

Very well said. I agree that Times Square should have its name kept as Times Square.
    Keep the same name but remove all protectors and change Spawn design also when exactly will it come out?
    Actually just make a whole new world
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    Yeah, we shouldn’t have the name change. It IS a part of a Deepworld history.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 194
    Pets and androids make me lag the most
  • DupixDupix CanadaMember Posts: 22
    Yesss! I will finally get some land in Times Square!
  • GokuGoku On EarthMember Posts: 32
    Yes, sounds good to me.
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Member Posts: 451
    When can we expect this to happen
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 518
    I think today its 2018 :P
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,910
    I’d suggest making the new world “Times Square 2” instead, or better yet, make a new market and give it a new name, see if it doesn’t die in a few weeks
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    I don’t think this is a very good idea. Perhaps there could be instead be a “rusting” mechanic of protectors. After a year and a half of inactivity, the protector will turn into a broken protector. This counts towards the player, so all the protectors they ever placed will be broken after a year and a half of inactivity. This way, we can keep lively Times Square and also not have broken and abandoned pieces of land.
    Shadow711 said:

I don’t think this is a very good idea. Perhaps there could be instead be a “rusting” mechanic of protectors. After a year and a half of inactivity, the protector will turn into a broken protector. This counts towards the player, so all the protectors they ever placed will be broken after a year and a half of inactivity. This way, we can keep lively Times Square and also not have broken and abandoned pieces of land.

So if I buy a peice of land for 15 onyx and I place my outling and 3 onyx and write notes saying why I'm leaving, then to find out I come back 5 years later and JimmyJacob8918372 is building his trading shack in MY land that I bought for 15 onyx? This game in my opinion is about leaving a legacy. So nty on this idea.