Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

The Yearly Times Square Project

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,142
    Shadow711 said:

I don’t think this is a very good idea. Perhaps there could be instead be a “rusting” mechanic of protectors. After a year and a half of inactivity, the protector will turn into a broken protector. This counts towards the player, so all the protectors they ever placed will be broken after a year and a half of inactivity. This way, we can keep lively Times Square and also not have broken and abandoned pieces of land.

What would happen to buildings elsewhere?
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 939
    This is gonna be litty lit lit
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 939
    Frosty said:

Shadow711 said:

I don’t think this is a very good idea. Perhaps there could be instead be a “rusting” mechanic of protectors. After a year and a half of inactivity, the protector will turn into a broken protector. This counts towards the player, so all the protectors they ever placed will be broken after a year and a half of inactivity. This way, we can keep lively Times Square and also not have broken and abandoned pieces of land.

So if I buy a peice of land for 15 onyx and I place my outling and 3 onyx and write notes saying why I'm leaving, then to find out I come back 5 years later and JimmyJacob8918372 is building his trading shack in MY land that I bought for 15 onyx? This game in my opinion is about leaving a legacy. So nty on this idea.
    This isn’t an idea. This is what’s gonna happen. Gonna have to live with it.
  • ZhaykZhayk Does anyone put their actual location?Member Posts: 397
    @mikelaurence when is this going to happen?
  • Menocraft191Menocraft191 Porterville, CaliforniaMember Posts: 102
    Zhayk said:

@mikelaurence when is this going to happen?

We all want to know, chill

Frosty said:

Shadow711 said:

So if I buy a peice of land for 15 onyx and I place my outling and 3 onyx and write notes saying why I'm leaving, then to find out I come back 5 years later and JimmyJacob8918372 is building his trading shack in MY land that I bought for 15 onyx? This game in my opinion is about leaving a legacy. So nty on this idea.
    This isn’t an idea. This is what’s gonna happen. Gonna have to live with it.
    Rusting is NOT going to happen
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Frosty said:

Shadow711 said:

If you buy land for any price, let alone 15 onyx, then you are throwing your money away. Land is free. Always has been and always will be. A plot in Times Square is just as good as any other as no one will visit unless you invite them. The time taken to get to any plot is minimal, no matter where the land is in the whole of Deepworld.
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 344
    AMWhy said:

Frosty said:

Shadow711 said:

If you buy land for any price, let alone 15 onyx, then you are throwing your money away. Land is free. Always has been and always will be. A plot in Times Square is just as good as any other as no one will visit unless you invite them. The time taken to get to any plot is minimal, no matter where the land is in the whole of Deepworld.
    I would never pay 15 onyx for land, but iv seen players pay and offer more than 15 onyx. The reason is because traffic in Times Square is superior over any other worlds. So the players have the mindset of how they can show someone they are special and rich. That's why you want land in Times rather than a random world.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 194
    AMWhy said:

Go to Times for the traffic - Yes, to trade. And the way to trade is to have the items on you. If the items are on display, it takes a lot more time so you are really just showing off (we're all guilty here). This can be done anywhere and just as quick too. If it's not at spawn at Times Square (i.e., on you), people aren't that interested. How often do you listen when players say "Come and see my shop"?

Now if the devs added the ability to sell items while offline - that is, display them in your shop where anyone can come by, look at the price, then buy it if they want - then premium land would be worth it!

What about vending machines in Deepworld
    AMWhy said:

Go to Times for the traffic - Yes, to trade. And the way to trade is to have the items on you. If the items are on display, it takes a lot more time so you are really just showing off (we're all guilty here). This can be done anywhere and just as quick too. If it's not at spawn at Times Square (i.e., on you), people aren't that interested. How often do you listen when players say "Come and see my shop"?

Now if the devs added the ability to sell items while offline - that is, display them in your shop where anyone can come by, look at the price, then buy it if they want - then premium land would be worth it!

But if you have land like prymancer, vmh, of jay then people see it when they aren't even trying. That's what I'm saying
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,310
    I would love to have my quest advertised near spawn, so people would visit it. I would pay rent for a sign if needed.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 244
    God dang, I would feel so bad if a friend wasn't on when the new market is made, well, looks like i'm preserving some land for them when the time comes.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited January 3
    Detech said:

I would love to have my quest advertised near spawn, so people would visit it. I would pay rent for a sign if needed.

I advertised my market world Rock Candy in 3 different places at spawn in Times Sq - VMH,s land, Sirentists land and... 1 more. I forget who's it was. It made 0% difference to traffic.
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 847
    edited January 4
    AMWhy said:

Detech said:

I advertised my market world Rock Candy in 3 different places at spawn in Times Sq - VMH,s land, Sirentists land and... 1 more. I forget who's it was. It made 0% difference to traffic.
    I mean, at least you got that permanent sign on Sirentists land. I also believe it was Deathonium’s land too.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    AMWhy said:

Detech said:

I visited rock candy because of sirentists Sign.
    AMWhy said:

Detech said:

No... It made a 1% difference, I joined it once I saw it, also it was on jay's land to the left bottem corner
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,310
    AMWhy said:

Detech said:

How do u measure traffic?
    Good question. The only real measure of new traffic is the landmark plaque at spawn. That's currently at 150. Compared to my Clockwise landmark which just reached 500 (and isn't advertised) it's pretty low. Clockwise was discussed more on the forums whereas Rock Candy was advertised in Times.

Going further and looking at the age of each market, the Clockwise plaque has been up for 30 months, compared to 18 for Rock Candy. That's about 17.5 a month for Clockwise yet less than 10 a month for Rock Candy.

Forum discussion works. Times Square ads don't.
    AMWhy said:

Good question. The only real measure of new traffic is the landmark plaque at spawn. That's currently at 150. Compared to my Clockwise landmark which just reached 500 (and isn't advertised) it's pretty low. Clockwise was discussed more on the forums whereas Rock Candy was advertised in Times.

Going further and looking at the age of each market, the Clockwise plaque has been up for 30 months, compared to 18 for Rock Candy. That's about 17.5 a month for Clockwise yet less than 10 a month for Rock Candy.

Forum discussion works. Times Square ads don't.

Was talking about players seeing your rares in your 1 micro, but that works to.
    Guy's I just noticed this is a "project" not really something they will establish yet... So that means we probably won't expect one this year... This can be supported by the fact that things are done at a very slow pace with the Deepworld updates and ideas...
    So maybe by the year 2037?
    Frosty said:

So maybe by the year 2037?

Probably 200X

May not be coming this year
  • GokuGoku On EarthMember Posts: 32

May not be coming this year

• ForestGumpForestGump In space..Member Posts: 195
    edited January 9
    AMWhy said:

What a good idea!Being able to sell items and trade offline will be wonderful! I never ever thought of it.Its like putting items on sale and if the person is interested he/she can buy it in the listed price.Its like a vending machine!!

This will probably take for ever to make,But its a good idea!
    AMWhy is a genius
    Post edited by ForestGump on
  • ForestGumpForestGump In space..Member Posts: 195
    And please leave the name Times Square alone,It has a lot of history in deepworld.Making a new market with a other perfect name will be great! It can have the same design as times or even a better one.
    Well said Sirentist
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 847
    Clown said:

When

There was literally no need to spam nearly the same comment SIX times..
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    Clown said:

Im waiting 5 years

Clown said:

Wwhenn

Apparently between 12:22 and 12:23 is 5 years
    We need @lisa back