Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Mechanical Sign Coding

NeZeMNeZeM The Genie In Your Shoe :)Member Posts: 13
Hello!

I've been wondering if its possible to have lever/touchplate #1 to add one word on the mechanical sign, and lever/touchplate #2 to add a second word to the same mechanical sign (while the old text from touchplate #1 is still visible)?

Also, how programable are the touchplates? Which commands are known? Are all the commands known?

I'm very thankful for replies :)

- NeZeM

Comments

• TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 525
    Simple solution:
    Let’s say you want to display “I love Deepworld” on a mechanical sign, but one word at a time.

Step 1: Connect touchplate one to sign with text “I”
    Step 2: Connect touchplate two to the sign with text “I Love”
    Step 3: Connect touchplate three to the sign with text “I love Deepworld”

Text will appear to display 1 word at a time.
  • NeZeMNeZeM The Genie In Your Shoe :)Member Posts: 13
    Yes i want this, but i want all the numbers to be visible all time. So i can pull the first lever and get 0,
    second lever and have 0 9
    and a third to have 0 9 4 , all showing on the sign at the same time.

Is it possible?
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 525
    edited December 2017
    NeZeM said:

Yes i want this, but i want all the numbers to be visible all time. So i can pull the first lever and get 0,
    second lever and have 0 9
    and a third to have 0 9 4 , all showing on the sign at the same time.

Is it possible?

You do the same thing, just with the letters. The first number will have to be on the first switch, the first and and second in the second switch... and so on.
    Sadly it’s impossible to input switches to place a number on a sign in no specific order like you are thinking.
  • NeZeMNeZeM The Genie In Your Shoe :)Member Posts: 13
    I understand but the problem I have is that then the first number will disappear when i pull the first lever and the second number will disappear when i pull the third lever. I want them all to be visible at the same time at the same sign. At the moment only one levers number can be visible.

Sign ( X Y Z )

Lever #1 controls X and goes from 0-9

Lever #2 controls Y and goes from 0-9

Lever #3 controls Z and goes from 0-9

This way I could make a machine so I could chose 3 numbers to type any number between 000 and 999.
    Only problem is that the numbers disappear and i don't want to use 3 Mechanical signs as it looks stupid :pensive:

( X ) ( Y ) ( Z )

It also take up an insane amount of space which is unefficient.

Its very inportant that the numbers stay beacuse i want to be able to type in for example 075 and logg off. When another player comes by I'd like them so see that it says 075 and not only 5.

I Really hope that this makes sense and that my atempt of pictures doesn't fail too hard xDimage

xyz dw.jpg
    1152 x 648 - 29K
    XYZ 2 dw.png
    1154 x 322 - 7K
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Do you know deh wae bruddah?Member Posts: 887
    edited December 2017
    The simple answer is no, but you could have a sort of "fake" system I suppose.

You could just have your levers set like this:

1: "1"

2: "12"

3: "123"

Basically just faking it is the only solution although it is probably not what you want, but what you are asking for isn't possible from what I know at this time.

For the random portion though, if you are alright with 3 signs at once, you can make a string of 10 touchplates 0-9 and add large switch hooked to 3 spawners that spawn a terrapus each on 3 different rows of 30 touchplates that each hook to a separate sign. This gives a random 0-9 system and 3 numbers, not all on one sign, but close enough.