Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld Clicker Game V3

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
I thought I would go ahead and make a new thread, because it has been a year since the initial idea and I wanted to have the ability to edit the top threads messages links. Anyways, if you would like to check out that thread here's the link, but I will be posting here from now on
http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/24478/deepworld-clicker-game#latest

This is the third rendition of the idea by me, this is probably the final one as it is coming along quite smoothly.

Currently there is a makeshift menu and changelog for out of game, and in game features mining, money system and a random generated upgrade system, which will be getting some big shifts in balancing sometime soon as it is really easy to upgrade. If you would like to download the game here is the link(Note: Only Windows 10 can run it, sorry, it's just the stupid engine I use, I'd use unity but I just prefer the engine I'm on, and since it's just a fan project I don't think it matters all that much): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSRluNShcglQAFRltzBneteWB5NwVl7C/view?usp=sharing

I'm open to content suggestions and collaborations and this project will be ongoing for as long as I have the free time, because I'm close to finishing my game for a competition that I've been working on for several months it means more time can be put into this fan project.

There are already several ideas/plans created for what will be in game if you would like to check out the old thread, most of the newer ideas are already being worked on.

My current plan for coming next is getting the butler upgrades working and then going straight to the battles update where you can buy mob crates and form a large army to fight enemies with to plunder resources, which will also have a lot of random generation.

Also again, I'm completely open to collaborations, I would love to work together with some people to make a fun game for the community! If you would like to work with me feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk about it, anything helps!

Congrats to FlynnXD on being the first to get to platinum!
On top of all this, there is also a little event I have set up for anyone who is willing to play the game to the end, the first to show they made it to the platinum tier block in a screenshot will receive a PM with a code that will unlock 15,000 shillings to start the game off new with in every update forever so that lost progress in an update means an easy way to start back up! You will also get a trophy spot in the trophy case section once I'm done scripting a system to enter text into text fields.

Coming up next is the butler and invasion updates, after those will be saving.
Thanks for the support guys and I hope you give it a try if you can!

(Can someone see if there's a Windows 10 emulator somewhere for lower OS systems and see if mac can run the program on wine? Would be super helpful to know if I can cross platform the game like that! Thanks!)
Post edited by JusticeGaming on
Screenshot (960).png
1202 x 676 - 1M
Screenshot (961).png
1202 x 676 - 1M
Screenshot (962).png
1202 x 676 - 557K
Screenshot (963).png
942 x 530 - 441K

Comments

• FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    edited December 2017
    Yas! Took me nearly 30min, but it was fun! I like the failure stack concept, btw.imageimage
    platinum.png
    1366 x 728 - 1M
    plat.png
    1366 x 728 - 455K
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
    Haha thanks so much for trying it out! I'll get you the code as soon as I have the mechanics for saving in the game(Which I'll get to right away for codes)! Once I have the system implemented I'll be sure to PM you the code, also, would you have any feedback overall for changes to the upgrades? I'm happy to see you were able to make it there and had a good time!
    edited December 2017

Haha thanks so much for trying it out! I'll get you the code as soon as I have the mechanics for saving in the game(Which I'll get to right away for codes)! Once I have the system implemented I'll be sure to PM you the code, also, would you have any feedback overall for changes to the upgrades? I'm happy to see you were able to make it there and had a good time!

Yea, it was a good experience and knowing that you started from scratch, a great attempt.

1) Upgrade system is pretty good, with the failure stacking being a nice mechanic. I noticed that the stuff increased as powers of two, and due to the linear relation between the shillings you gain per block and shillings required to upgrade, nearly every tier required me to mine 5 blocks to get enough to risk once. So, that's a consistent increase, but I suppose if the game is meant to be tougher, the increase shouldn't have a linear change. I was fine with the current setup though.

2)When the crate block fell, it seemed to be at a cracked stage (2-3 times clicked sort of stage), but it requires 5 clicks to break it anyways( the crack resets on first click), don't know if it was intended to be only a three click block, or the texture got messed up.

3)I liked the game atmosphere, with the backdrop and all, so good job on that.

Overall, awesome clicker. Looking at the side tabs, you seem to have much more interesting mechanics to play with, excited to try them out!
    edited December 2017
    FlynnXD said:

1) Upgrade system is pretty good, with the failure stacking being a nice mechanic. I noticed that the stuff increased as powers of two, and due to the linear relation between the shillings you gain per block and shillings required to upgrade, nearly every tier required me to mine 5 blocks to get enough to risk once. So, that's a consistent increase, but I suppose if the game is meant to be tougher, the increase shouldn't have a linear change. I was fine with the current setup though.

2)When the crate block fell, it seemed to be at a cracked stage (2-3 times clicked sort of stage), but it requires 5 clicks to break it anyways( the crack resets on first click), don't know if it was intended to be only a three click block, or the texture got messed up.
    Funny you should mention those things, I'm just finishing up fixing them haha! The block having the fifth click still on it, and the blocks going flying everywhere and the blocks falling off the map should all be fixed in the next update and the linear change will be changed to be more exponential, as in once it multiplies the cost goes up by about 2.5% so if it is a 2x change it will be a 2.05x change and exponentially rise from there. This just means you will have to click a whole lot more in later tiers, and once passive income and other means of income come I'm making the starting multiplier x6 instead of x2. I feel like that is sort of essential to make it really hard to get to the final tier and stuff, anyways back to work for me, I just got started on the butler system as well and got a new lighting method I just learned yesterday in so I will be getting a build out today or tomorrow possibly, depending on how long the winter update takes, thanks for the help and feedback, it's much appreciated!

Edit: I just did my first play through of the game and made it to platinum and just realized the game throws me an error because there is no tier 14 block, did your game freeze when you upgraded or was everything fine?
    I didn't get any error, if I tried to upgrade after reaching the final tier, the shillings got deducted but nothing happened. I played a bit after final tier and no error came up for me.
    edited December 2017
    Well, I've been working since my last post, so quite a bit got done. 1.2 is ready for release and here it is.

With winter comes cold weather, and so I decided why not give the butler bot update a bit more extra. Now the menu and also the games theme should be updated, this is my start on the new biomes feature which I talked about vaguely in a previous post on the other thread. The menus theme as well as the in game blocks and decorations theme has been updated to the snow biome. But what is even better is these themes will rotate occasionally and don't worry, the old theme is still there and can come back at the flick of a switch!
    With the butlers tab added is a "secret" new tab/content release. When you click the tools tab(pickaxes icon) the upgrades menu will pop up. The upgrading of your pickaxe is not done and has no functionality, but click that next page button at the bottom right and you should find an all new tab which wasn't talked about much! Gravity is a funny thing eh?
    Tier up systems pricing was changed a little so that it multiplies by 2.25x and the block remains at 2x income. Also I'm giving Zinc and Beryllium some love and adding it in, so tier 15 is now a thing, yay, I guess? Just means its even more impossible to get(I gave up at 65 fail stacks lol)
    Also with the theme comes temperature. Click the brazier or else your hands are going to get cold and it could take up to 5 clicks more to mine a block! There is a bar indicator right under your luck to see when you need to go and warm up.
    Lighting and the overall vibrancy of everything was updated to look a lot smoother, check out the changelog or in game for more info on that.

Lots of things were added, changed and shifted around, for more info just check out the changelog in game. About 50 different new assets were added and many bugs were fixed, which means the game is a little more graphically appealing and has a little more to do, woohoo! I think the new graphical improvements look great, tell me what you guys think!

We're almost a week in to the development of this game and I'm planning to do a how it's made type thing sometime soon if someone would like to take a stab at creating this in Unity and doing it themselves! It will be a run down on how everything is done and give a under-the-hood look at whats going on with things. Such as how the block recycles, lighting is done in 2D, upgrading works and its math, etc.

Anyways, enough of that, here it is, the updates link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSRluNShcglQAFRltzBneteWB5NwVl7C/view?usp=sharing

If anyone could do me a huge favor, would someone be willing to take a screenshot of marble ore at the closest viewing setting? I just can't find any for the life of me as an ore form and that's why we have this chunk as the art. Don't worry about changing its biome, just need the base art so I can change it like the diamonds, thanks!

Also I'd like to talk about why the art for the bloodstone and other stuff looks weird. Because bloodstone, sulfur, marble, etc doesn't spawn in the snow biome I had to edit them. Diamond came out alright I think but the others will need a little work. Here's a little example of what I mean by edit.

image -> image

I will get to work on fixing the bloodstone butler bot too when I get around to it, just place holder art for now. I will also be adding saving, codes and collectibles to the game for the next update, no eta yet, we'll see.

Thanks for the support, hope you guys enjoy, and please feel free to leave constructive feedback, ideas and bug reports, they help a lot!
    diamond.png
    100 x 100 - 23K
    Snow_Diamond_Glow.png
    100 x 100 - 22K
    edited January 3
    This update is sort of the in-between of the last update and the saving update.
    This update aims at fixing bugs and polishing things up, as well as fixing some frame rate related issues.
    There is also luck items to upgrade that you can increase the amount of what drops out of crates, and also exo skins you can upgrade to reduce how quickly you get cold, which hinders how fast you can mine. Apart from this, it is relatively small compared to the last update, but it makes the game more playable and fun I'd say. I also fixed a few things that had to do with the butler bot where it would sometimes stop spawning when around platinum tier, which currently should be impossible to reach without almost max luck. I also increased the chance that a block would drop when your butler bot collects a coin and is a higher tier.

Coming up next is the ability to save and also upgrade your pickaxe. Mining gloves will also be added so that you may open crates faster, the default 5 clicks is being changed to 15. The update will also bring the saving feature, although each update will clear your data until we reach a final build. Along with that will be a new tab which was updated in this new update. You can now click a little brain dome icon at the bottom right and that will pull up the invasions tab, which will not be functional until after update 1.4.

Now for the showing off portion. Here is a few edits of the exo skin you can upgrade to insulate better against the cold:

The red one is the final tier, which will completely remove the cold debuff. I'm planning to make it so while it is not the snow biome it is rather a fatigue bar or heat bar over a warmth meter. This way when the biome changes, so does the debuff, meaning the brazier will change to something like an ice cube or a bed.

Also on a unrelated note, I recently got 100GB extra for my google drive for free, which means more space for storing projects, so yay for that.

Also new little event thingy.
    First to screenshot the max level exo skin will be given a code after next update to start the game with 8 of each automata part.

Thanks for reading and good luck upgrading that exo skin!

Edit:
    Here's the link to 1.3, I didn't mean to post so soon, was meant to be a draft, but all the features posted on here should be in this new build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6ReOkrU67xE2Anr7E3v3FqNXAi_0aRV/view?usp=sharing
    exo-skin4.png
    400 x 400 - 195K
    exo-skin5.png
    400 x 400 - 180K
    exo-skin6.png
    400 x 400 - 165K
    Henlo frens am back.

I've resumed work on this project again with the free time I have to spare. I'm working on 2 other game projects which have top priority still but should both be coming to a close at the end of this month meaning I can resume full speed ahead on the game. If you would like a link to my huge project just PM me and I'll send the installer, it's still in the works and is buggy but should provide 20-30 minutes of shootum up story telling bundled into a nice 2 1/2D platformer package.

Over the time I've been away I've managed to encode my own installer and uninstaller so no more unprofessional looking software, just a simple installer that has an actual wizard and creates a folder in your programs folder dedicated to the game itself.

Something that's also nice is saves will now carry over, all you gotta do is download each exe update and it will transfer your data for you ezpz. This also works for downgrading the build if for some reason the update takes out something you like.

I will be working on the save systems sub systems for the next month or so while I have the time to spare and will also polish things up to make them look better as I've found plenty of new rendering techniques. I will also get a code redemption system in with saving so you don't need to restart to try out the newest build each time.

And to put the Icing on the cake I've also worked out a few things inside the engine to be able to customize the export-ability so that we are no longer limited to Windows 10. Now any version of Windows should handle the project, if for some reason it crashes on startup then that was my goof and didn't get to test it on that system type. So far I know for a fact Windows 7 and up works, I don't have a system lower than that so I can't say for sure that it will work or not if the version of Windows is lower. On a side note, sorry Mac and IoS users, I so far have no way to export to you, but maybe one day in the future I'll figure it out.

Once all is well with the project and I'm ready for a big release I will do so, but as time goes on new features will come and your data will transfer, so yay for that I suppose. If you want to try the game at its bare bones state with no save or installer system you can check out 1.3 in my last post above or at this link to my google drive, please note it's nothing fancy and merely shows a concept of what the game may or may not come out to be and has no saving system or code entering system implemented: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6ReOkrU67xE2Anr7E3v3FqNXAi_0aRV/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your guys' feedback.
    Hey guys, its been a couple weeks and I'm sorry the update hasn't came yet, been focused on my other project, but it was well worth it, I took the gold medal, first place with my partner at state and we're off to nationals with our project! Anyways, nationals is coming up so of course the project is still high on my priorities along with the loads of AP Calculus homework I have, but I have some free time in this buffer period again and over the past week I've been putting loads of work back into this project.

So, here it is, welcome to Deepworld Clicker update 1.5.1

This updates special due to the release of save data, this means you can save your game and keep your save when you update the game, on top of all this you can now have 3 save slots and can enter special codes I give out/add, which can be added with every patch whenever I feel like it.

This is great and all, but on top of it, the game is now wrapped in a nice little installer, this means it puts itself in your programs folder with an uninstaller and allows for mod support to those willing to figure things out.

And to top it all off with a little cherry on top, work on a combat system with units and what not has started progress. The way the game will play out in this is different from original concepts, but I'll say it should add interesting aspects that should provide a nice deal of fun. I also updated the art for the blood stone butler bot. No reason to have a crap place holder on a working core system, so its art should look much better.

I'd say if you're new to this project this is definitely the time to try it out, because from here on out will be content on top of content and your progress will stay saved!

Because this save systems nice and all and I want to get some codes out, I will be giving a code for 1 super rare collectible that will be one of a kind. This item will give large boosts in butler bot income and provide a really powerful boost to the entire game.

This code can be achieved by the first able to get the platinum butler bot and post a screenshot of owning it in this thread. Anyone who won a code previously will be given a code in a PM, please do not share given codes, it ruins the "one of a kind" aspect of the codes and the shared code will be removed immediately, following a 2,500,000 shilling penalty to anyone who entered the code after it was spread, so those who aren't rich will most likely need to reset their save.

I will be giving public codes out following this post if support grows and can get a few people enjoying the game. I will be working on a large update after this one so it may be a few weeks before we see another content update, but I will be hot fixing all bugs found in this build for the next 1-2 weeks, so you can expect the build to get ~9-10 updates before we hit 1.6 in the build.

I will also be bringing in the spring time biome soon as well so graphics will be getting another change as we cycle through seasons.

Just a side note: Due to wanting to get the project update out as soon as possible the ability to clear 1 save at a time is currently not available and so is details on what each save is(like time, shillings, etc off to the side). You can clear every save at once, but not individual saves, but all in all, I don't think it will be a big deal until more content comes and I balance things out to where it's supposed to be.

Another note to anyone entering a code, the code will save to your first slot by default, so make sure you load up the save slot you want it to save to first!

Enjoy the game to its fullest and have fun playing around with its features. I have lots of content planned and I will be hard nerfing just about everything so the game isn't such a fast play once its all out due to wanting to make progression feel much more rewarding.

Here's a little list of coming stuff off the top of my head currently:
    There is much more planned but this is just a small example of whats to come.

You can find the installer here, thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoy this update!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QxF72W-uWF3i2Gl7tQTtdmmr1OGUROGw/view?usp=sharing
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    Woah!! Did you draw all of these?!
    edited April 26

Woah!! Did you draw all of these?!

No, this is Deepworlds art, there's a little licensing thing at the opening splash explaining it. All the art belongs to Bytebin besides a couple things I did to fancy up the graphics/particles. It's all just art used in Deepworld basically, although some do have some significant edits, because it's hard to make 12+ tiers of something when there's really only brass, diamond and onyx in Deepworld of some items.

Although the art isn't mine, the design and code is and it's been a lot of fun to make so far so I look forward to continuing!

Edit(Unrelated to the above comment)

I'd like to note to anyone who wants to attempt it, the two events are still going for anyone who wants to participate for a code! First to hit the max level butler bot and first to hit the max level exo suit will both be given a special code that does different things. All you gotta do is post a screenshot of acquiring one or both of them and the codes will be pm'd to the first to get it accomplished!

Maxing the butler will give a Uranium Isotope, which is a one of a kind collectible to bring your butler to a hidden Uranium Tier. It's considered a crafting component and will be returned after a rebirth, meaning it will help you get to that stage once you reach a platinum bot and basically double income to crazy amounts and be returned each time you reset yourself.

Maxing the Exo Suit will give 8 of each automata part for building your butler and also give you a one of a kind Onyx Compass, which allows you to double the games speed for 60 seconds(5 real life seconds) of time every 5(Actually 4 due to the time boost) mintues so that income comes in even faster in a large burst.

I look forward to seeing who wins and I'll get back to working on more content and possibly even more event items!
  • RazeRaze Member Posts: 179
    I am almost close to plat bot and pic

Welcome to update 1.6, most the stuff is actually coming soon or is hidden in this build to help ease the saved data to a new instance within the coming build. The next patch should bring a huge amount of new content. This patch is more of a "small hotfix" and an announcement than an actual huge update, that parts coming soon, but in essence there are quite large changes within this build.

This update is a sort of "ramp up" for the new features. This update includes a items code system and widgets system(UI interaction for the future) as well as a huge overhaul of fixes for the saving system. This basically means I have laid down the foundations for the all new collectibles and the ability to explore coming up next patch!

These new features will be worked on far more in the future, but the current state is where we're at so far. This update is a foundation setup so I get the updates needed to hotfix some stuff out and also tease a huge update to come to bring us to version 2.0 in about a month.

So lets do a little explanation of these neat shiny new features.

Collectibles add buffs to current stats or even act as decoration for your little cave. These items can also decorate your butler/units/brazier, etc; but noticeable changes will be from much more rare cosmetics. Some of these items can be gotten in upcoming chests, and another feature I'll be talking about next.

A small example of one singular collectible is the "Contained Ooze"

This item provides your mined blocks to be sold for 3% more for each collected. Collectables can stack infinitely, but are lost on ascending unless they are Ascended(Permanent item), Prestigious(Code item) or X-TRM rarity(Highest box drop rarity item) item(s).

Do what you will with that system, it's extremely large, but gets redundant to explain and really is only half finished since boxes and exploration are not complete.

Now the biggest part; Exploration. This system is still a work in progress and is being released sort of "half-baked" so that the concept is barely even there visibly. This system basically allows the player to go and search the outside wasteland for materials/collectibles. Whether you find a Useless Boot or 43 shillings, everything is generated randomly and allows for more upgrades and a new section of the game. On top of this, the second world has began to be implemented.

You can purchase a world teleporter under the tab that looks kinda like a brain at the bottom of your sidebar. Once purchased the menu will unlock itself and allow you to use world keys to unlock worlds. Every world biome will be included, as well as ocean, and jungle, because the source art is there. This feature is going to be part of the 2.0 release, and like I said above, this concept is "half-baked" and still in the works because it won't be easy. The idea is once you "beat" one biome, you're off to the next for a fresh start. Once you beat that one you're off to the next, etc. After "beating" each world you will get an Ascension Fragment. Collect all the biome-specific Ascension Fragments and then you may construct the pandoras ascension portal to Ascend. Ascending will yield 1 Ascended rarity item which will help you through the game even faster. The items are extremely powerful, can stack infinitely and are never lost(at the moment, I might do something in the future to bring the game to have even more content beyond the concept).

One example of the ascended items is the World Molecular Vacuum.
    This item will make blocks yield 2.25x more shillings, and can stack. This basically means you more than double the output of blocks, this will start to stack to crazy amounts as you breeze through over and over and exponentially grow your operations. There is going to be a large amount of ascended and collectible items, but until I get to adding more there will be the ones found in the banner above, plus a few secret ones that I may do an event for.

Once ascension is finished entirely with every biome the game should feel a lot more near completion. I also haven't forgotten about the war tab. Exploration is one part of the system, but you gotta do something about those pesky bandits you run into who rob you!

Once this is all together I'll get to balancing so that the game is much more rewarding and doesn't feel so underwhelming when you rank up a block and what not, I'm also nerfing the butler bot as I've found it can easily make blocks irrelevant, so with that said, this update will make it so that instead of income/1s it will be income/3s, I feel like this way there isn't value loss, but there's instead time loss so that blocks are still worth mining and the idle aspect is a little less "meta".

There has been huge progress this update and that's why it has been almost an entire month, sorry about that! These past few weeks have been super busy for me as I jumble around school, life and free time. Hope to have the overhaul of new stuff out in the coming weeks or months, but for now here's the foundational start that has several fixes and changes as well a an overhaul of stuff for saving and loading that plagued value displays and getters/setters!

Here's the link, enjoy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GGHycD9aFn40KzTTf4SUV4bRbcPDLV4i/view?usp=sharing
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
    Downloading now!
    Is that an orange ste... stea... ORANGE STEAM JET?!?!?! WHAIUGFANICG&YOGCI#&FRBC#YQGCPERGUCEUYGFSOUYTNVEOIWVTFBEOISTVIYESOVIETABUWGTEIUWGEIUGNTGVEWWGTCPUWGEPTGVWEugPGWISOEPTHOithv[SET

Is that an orange ste... stea... ORANGE STEAM JET?!?!?! WHAIUGFANICG&YOGCI#&FRBC#YQGCPERGUCEUYGFSOUYTNVEOIWVTFBEOISTVIYESOVIETABUWGTEIUWGEIUGNTGVEWWGTCPUWGEPTGVWEugPGWISOEPTHOithv[SET

Just wait until the giant steam jet is released as a rare ascended item.

Just wait until the giant steam jet is released as a rare ascended item.
    :(________________)
    edited May 23
    Here's a hotfix, thanks to @Everywhen for helping with the debugging of the project, helped me locate some nasty bugs I wasn't aware of. If anyone finds more feel more than free to post here, message me in PM's on the forums, or even hit me up on discord in the Deepworld Discord server that Everywhen runs.

Also, new little event for those who are just play testing for fun, there's now an egg located somewhere within the game, click it and hatch yourself a little pet for decoration, this egg is a limited time event and will be removed in a couple patches so don't miss out. This pet adapts to the environment and will shift to each designated seasonal biome. Grab um' while you can before the egg is gone!

Also, I dropped a code to the first accessory item in the game in Everywhens discord server, join it and check it out! Code should be located in the "other-games" text channel.

This accessory brings out the full features of the item library and adjusting widgets and is also quite powerful!

Grab the build here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkDDh4lv6N91r7yp1eT2FxSsWeMnDUj5/view?usp=sharing

Here's the change log for Version 1.6, this releases exploration fully now that we are all set and ready to go. Up next is the level by level system for biomes.

You can grab the latest build here in the coming days once I work out some of the bugs, I managed to get a few friends to try the game out in person and the feedback has been tremendously helpful.

Full change log(so far):

-Added 38 new collectables(I prefer the secondary spelling, so no it's not a mistake), making 40 total.(30 of them are now found in exploration, the remaining are for future codes, just to get them out of the way, one is for an already released item)
    -Several adjustments to butler leveling costs, should have a much smaller growth curve
    -Anti-Aliasing bugs fixed up on lower res screens(Less pixels, more vector displays)
    -Fixed up some widget related bugs and reduced the size of descriptors
    -Fixed Z-Axis problems with the warmth bar and shillings
    -Exploration now functions off energy and has a working bar
    -New tab for energy upgrades
    -New console for exploration(No scroll system has been added yet, sorry about that!)
    -World machine support implemented, but coming soon
    -Lighting on objects adjusted
    -New art implemented
    -Exploration animation implemented
    -Going to the next page of a menu no longer lets you open menus on top of it

Note: The actual build is not being released quite yet, this is just the patch notes, I'm trying this new style out to see how it goes and also to make it seem like the project is more active on the forums since these features take a large sum of time to make and there has been long buffer periods between work previously.
    3 months later and then poof I'm back.

Sorry for not being around guys, a lot has been happening for me within my life, I start college at a game programming tech school this Friday and I'm pretty excited, but enough about that and more about the state of the clicker game.

I was somewhat far along the road of building the game before my break and there's a lot of cool features I didn't get to release, as much as I'd like to bare good news I have both good and bad.

We can start with the bad, we gotta rebuild the game for the 4th time, oof.

The engine I have been using has moved out of proprietary closed source and into open source though, so wew for that.
    More can be found on there here: https://www.zeroengine.io/

But unfortunately if I want to legally release my content within the engine I have to update, and since the graphics pipeline and stuff has been fully reworked and there's a lot of missing features getting this game back on track is going to take an ungodly amount of work to bring back over, so I think I'm calling it quits here for the clicker game. If anyone wants to take a look at the source project feel free too, simply download the project folder from the google drive and download the engine off of https://www.zeroengine.io/ and you should be able to open the editor up if you install the old legacy build off the project(should have a little download button for 0.0.0.16386 left of the projects image). I'm open sourcing it to just show the code and some of the techniques and rendering used to do things, it was mostly sloppy 3AM work so I can't say it will be pretty due to this being a hobby project rather than professional work.

But I do have more good news, the clicker game may be sinking, but I plan on releasing some fun little arcade games. If I can get hold of the art for the little arcade games stuff should go pretty smooth.

I look forward to developing more Deepworld fan made games in the future that are for more simple, but until then here's the link to the third iteration of the clicker games source project, sorry to bring bad news like this:

To be opened using the new Zero Engine with the old legacy build installed, note this is for learning only and you, and I, are not legally allowed to produce work on this any further: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hVlBjKCmVylTGUQeQ0zu4sshZGpDVyoa?usp=sharing
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,242
    NOOOO!!! NO NO NO!! I just come back... just in time to see this die..... no... this makes me soooo sad. I was reading through, reading every update. Extremely happy in the fact that it was still going.... and then I got to the latest update... just no...

On a more serious note, good luck with your life bro, starting programming school should be fun. Excited to see some work by you.