Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld Clicker Game V3

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Do you know deh wae bruddah?Member Posts: 887
I thought I would go ahead and make a new thread, because it has been a year since the initial idea and I wanted to have the ability to edit the top threads messages links. Anyways, if you would like to check out that thread here's the link, but I will be posting here from now on
http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/24478/deepworld-clicker-game#latest

This is the third rendition of the idea by me, this is probably the final one as it is coming along quite smoothly.

Currently there is a makeshift menu and changelog for out of game, and in game features mining, money system and a random generated upgrade system, which will be getting some big shifts in balancing sometime soon as it is really easy to upgrade. If you would like to download the game here is the link(Note: Only Windows 10 can run it, sorry, it's just the stupid engine I use, I'd use unity but I just prefer the engine I'm on, and since it's just a fan project I don't think it matters all that much): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSRluNShcglQAFRltzBneteWB5NwVl7C/view?usp=sharing

I'm open to content suggestions and collaborations and this project will be ongoing for as long as I have the free time, because I'm close to finishing my game for a competition that I've been working on for several months it means more time can be put into this fan project.

There are already several ideas/plans created for what will be in game if you would like to check out the old thread, most of the newer ideas are already being worked on.

My current plan for coming next is getting the butler upgrades working and then going straight to the battles update where you can buy mob crates and form a large army to fight enemies with to plunder resources, which will also have a lot of random generation.

Also again, I'm completely open to collaborations, I would love to work together with some people to make a fun game for the community! If you would like to work with me feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk about it, anything helps!

Congrats to FlynnXD on being the first to get to platinum!
On top of all this, there is also a little event I have set up for anyone who is willing to play the game to the end, the first to show they made it to the platinum tier block in a screenshot will receive a PM with a code that will unlock 15,000 shillings to start the game off new with in every update forever so that lost progress in an update means an easy way to start back up! You will also get a trophy spot in the trophy case section once I'm done scripting a system to enter text into text fields.

Coming up next is the butler and invasion updates, after those will be saving.
Thanks for the support guys and I hope you give it a try if you can!

(Can someone see if there's a Windows 10 emulator somewhere for lower OS systems and see if mac can run the program on wine? Would be super helpful to know if I can cross platform the game like that! Thanks!)
Post edited by JusticeGaming on
Screenshot (960).png
1202 x 676 - 1M
Screenshot (961).png
1202 x 676 - 1M
Screenshot (962).png
1202 x 676 - 557K
Screenshot (963).png
942 x 530 - 441K

Comments

• FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,162
    edited December 2017
    Yas! Took me nearly 30min, but it was fun! I like the failure stack concept, btw.imageimage
    platinum.png
    1366 x 728 - 1M
    plat.png
    1366 x 728 - 455K
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Do you know deh wae bruddah?Member Posts: 887
    Haha thanks so much for trying it out! I'll get you the code as soon as I have the mechanics for saving in the game(Which I'll get to right away for codes)! Once I have the system implemented I'll be sure to PM you the code, also, would you have any feedback overall for changes to the upgrades? I'm happy to see you were able to make it there and had a good time!
    edited December 2017

Haha thanks so much for trying it out! I'll get you the code as soon as I have the mechanics for saving in the game(Which I'll get to right away for codes)! Once I have the system implemented I'll be sure to PM you the code, also, would you have any feedback overall for changes to the upgrades? I'm happy to see you were able to make it there and had a good time!

Yea, it was a good experience and knowing that you started from scratch, a great attempt.

1) Upgrade system is pretty good, with the failure stacking being a nice mechanic. I noticed that the stuff increased as powers of two, and due to the linear relation between the shillings you gain per block and shillings required to upgrade, nearly every tier required me to mine 5 blocks to get enough to risk once. So, that's a consistent increase, but I suppose if the game is meant to be tougher, the increase shouldn't have a linear change. I was fine with the current setup though.

2)When the crate block fell, it seemed to be at a cracked stage (2-3 times clicked sort of stage), but it requires 5 clicks to break it anyways( the crack resets on first click), don't know if it was intended to be only a three click block, or the texture got messed up.

3)I liked the game atmosphere, with the backdrop and all, so good job on that.

Overall, awesome clicker. Looking at the side tabs, you seem to have much more interesting mechanics to play with, excited to try them out!
    edited December 2017
    FlynnXD said:

1) Upgrade system is pretty good, with the failure stacking being a nice mechanic. I noticed that the stuff increased as powers of two, and due to the linear relation between the shillings you gain per block and shillings required to upgrade, nearly every tier required me to mine 5 blocks to get enough to risk once. So, that's a consistent increase, but I suppose if the game is meant to be tougher, the increase shouldn't have a linear change. I was fine with the current setup though.

2)When the crate block fell, it seemed to be at a cracked stage (2-3 times clicked sort of stage), but it requires 5 clicks to break it anyways( the crack resets on first click), don't know if it was intended to be only a three click block, or the texture got messed up.
    Funny you should mention those things, I'm just finishing up fixing them haha! The block having the fifth click still on it, and the blocks going flying everywhere and the blocks falling off the map should all be fixed in the next update and the linear change will be changed to be more exponential, as in once it multiplies the cost goes up by about 2.5% so if it is a 2x change it will be a 2.05x change and exponentially rise from there. This just means you will have to click a whole lot more in later tiers, and once passive income and other means of income come I'm making the starting multiplier x6 instead of x2. I feel like that is sort of essential to make it really hard to get to the final tier and stuff, anyways back to work for me, I just got started on the butler system as well and got a new lighting method I just learned yesterday in so I will be getting a build out today or tomorrow possibly, depending on how long the winter update takes, thanks for the help and feedback, it's much appreciated!

Edit: I just did my first play through of the game and made it to platinum and just realized the game throws me an error because there is no tier 14 block, did your game freeze when you upgraded or was everything fine?
    I didn't get any error, if I tried to upgrade after reaching the final tier, the shillings got deducted but nothing happened. I played a bit after final tier and no error came up for me.
    edited December 2017
    Well, I've been working since my last post, so quite a bit got done. 1.2 is ready for release and here it is.

With winter comes cold weather, and so I decided why not give the butler bot update a bit more extra. Now the menu and also the games theme should be updated, this is my start on the new biomes feature which I talked about vaguely in a previous post on the other thread. The menus theme as well as the in game blocks and decorations theme has been updated to the snow biome. But what is even better is these themes will rotate occasionally and don't worry, the old theme is still there and can come back at the flick of a switch!
    With the butlers tab added is a "secret" new tab/content release. When you click the tools tab(pickaxes icon) the upgrades menu will pop up. The upgrading of your pickaxe is not done and has no functionality, but click that next page button at the bottom right and you should find an all new tab which wasn't talked about much! Gravity is a funny thing eh?
    Tier up systems pricing was changed a little so that it multiplies by 2.25x and the block remains at 2x income. Also I'm giving Zinc and Beryllium some love and adding it in, so tier 15 is now a thing, yay, I guess? Just means its even more impossible to get(I gave up at 65 fail stacks lol)
    Also with the theme comes temperature. Click the brazier or else your hands are going to get cold and it could take up to 5 clicks more to mine a block! There is a bar indicator right under your luck to see when you need to go and warm up.
    Lighting and the overall vibrancy of everything was updated to look a lot smoother, check out the changelog or in game for more info on that.

Lots of things were added, changed and shifted around, for more info just check out the changelog in game. About 50 different new assets were added and many bugs were fixed, which means the game is a little more graphically appealing and has a little more to do, woohoo! I think the new graphical improvements look great, tell me what you guys think!

We're almost a week in to the development of this game and I'm planning to do a how it's made type thing sometime soon if someone would like to take a stab at creating this in Unity and doing it themselves! It will be a run down on how everything is done and give a under-the-hood look at whats going on with things. Such as how the block recycles, lighting is done in 2D, upgrading works and its math, etc.

Anyways, enough of that, here it is, the updates link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSRluNShcglQAFRltzBneteWB5NwVl7C/view?usp=sharing

If anyone could do me a huge favor, would someone be willing to take a screenshot of marble ore at the closest viewing setting? I just can't find any for the life of me as an ore form and that's why we have this chunk as the art. Don't worry about changing its biome, just need the base art so I can change it like the diamonds, thanks!

Also I'd like to talk about why the art for the bloodstone and other stuff looks weird. Because bloodstone, sulfur, marble, etc doesn't spawn in the snow biome I had to edit them. Diamond came out alright I think but the others will need a little work. Here's a little example of what I mean by edit.

image -> image

I will get to work on fixing the bloodstone butler bot too when I get around to it, just place holder art for now. I will also be adding saving, codes and collectibles to the game for the next update, no eta yet, we'll see.

Thanks for the support, hope you guys enjoy, and please feel free to leave constructive feedback, ideas and bug reports, they help a lot!
    diamond.png
    100 x 100 - 23K
    Snow_Diamond_Glow.png
    100 x 100 - 22K
    edited January 3
    This update is sort of the in-between of the last update and the saving update.
    This update aims at fixing bugs and polishing things up, as well as fixing some frame rate related issues.
    There is also luck items to upgrade that you can increase the amount of what drops out of crates, and also exo skins you can upgrade to reduce how quickly you get cold, which hinders how fast you can mine. Apart from this, it is relatively small compared to the last update, but it makes the game more playable and fun I'd say. I also fixed a few things that had to do with the butler bot where it would sometimes stop spawning when around platinum tier, which currently should be impossible to reach without almost max luck. I also increased the chance that a block would drop when your butler bot collects a coin and is a higher tier.

Coming up next is the ability to save and also upgrade your pickaxe. Mining gloves will also be added so that you may open crates faster, the default 5 clicks is being changed to 15. The update will also bring the saving feature, although each update will clear your data until we reach a final build. Along with that will be a new tab which was updated in this new update. You can now click a little brain dome icon at the bottom right and that will pull up the invasions tab, which will not be functional until after update 1.4.

Now for the showing off portion. Here is a few edits of the exo skin you can upgrade to insulate better against the cold:

The red one is the final tier, which will completely remove the cold debuff. I'm planning to make it so while it is not the snow biome it is rather a fatigue bar or heat bar over a warmth meter. This way when the biome changes, so does the debuff, meaning the brazier will change to something like an ice cube or a bed.

Also on a unrelated note, I recently got 100GB extra for my google drive for free, which means more space for storing projects, so yay for that.

Also new little event thingy.
    First to screenshot the max level exo skin will be given a code after next update to start the game with 8 of each automata part.

Thanks for reading and good luck upgrading that exo skin!

Edit:
    Here's the link to 1.3, I didn't mean to post so soon, was meant to be a draft, but all the features posted on here should be in this new build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6ReOkrU67xE2Anr7E3v3FqNXAi_0aRV/view?usp=sharing
    exo-skin4.png
    400 x 400 - 195K
    exo-skin5.png
    400 x 400 - 180K
    exo-skin6.png
    400 x 400 - 165K