Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Is Deepworld dead?

I remember a few years ago Deepworld was actually popular, and worlds were populated. Now, worlds are empty, the forum has died down much, and in general there are less players. These devs should market this game again.

Comments

• vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 868
    No.
  • nicky_S14nicky_S14 Member Posts: 10
    Chicken said:

Dude. We just got a new biome and I’ve seen many old players return and more players than I’ve ever seen join the forums. Stop complaining.

It's a place to place your decision. If there's a person who's complaining here it's you.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 247
    Deepworld isn't dead, but this thread should be.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,585
    edited January 13
    nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Dude. We just got a new biome and I’ve seen many old players return and more players than I’ve ever seen join the forums. Stop complaining.

It's a place to place your decision. If there's a person who's complaining here it's you.
    HA. I almost died when I read this. What chicken said is no where near complaining, and you are complaining about how “Deepworld is dead, worlds are empty, bla bla bla”. The worlds in the popular tab are popular again, old players are returning, and the devs are adding cool things. So quit complaining.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 651

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

HA. I almost died when I read this. What chicken said is no where near complaining, and you are complaining about how “Deepworld is dead, worlds are empty, bla bla bla”. The worlds in the popular tab are popular again, old players are returning, and the devs are adding cool things. So quit complaining.
    You all have way too much faith in a developer who has been caught lying several times and doesnt deliver on 4/5th of his promises
    Im all for second chances, but deepworld isnt as alive it used to br
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 868
    Clown said:

Is dead

You just joined this month, you can’t really say anything about Deepworld’s state.
    Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

You all have way too much faith in a developer who has been caught lying several times and doesnt deliver on 4/5th of his promises
    Lying? When has Mike lied? If you’re talking about the ocean biome, that was cancelled because a world full of water is too laggy. They were thinking of US! And, most of the things that haven’t been added weren’t added because it was never said that they would be added.

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Lying? When has Mike lied? If you’re talking about the ocean biome, that was cancelled because a world full of water is too laggy. They were thinking of US! And, most of the things that haven’t been added weren’t added because it was never said that they would be added.
    The tens of times he said "Android will be out this month!". Guild war games like capture the flag (which i even bought a world for) are just examples.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,439

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    The interview (was lisa but shes employed by mike so kinda the same)
    tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    Did Mike ever say that would be added?

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    He announced it. Basically the same
    Debator said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    He announced it. Basically the same
    On that link you gave me, I see nothing about mushrooms. All I see are turrets, which are now being added.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 705
    Debator said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    How can I find these interviews? I’ve never seen one.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Member Posts: 1,816
    TealHyena said:

Debator said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    ZStorm was planning on having an interview with Lisa. It never made it though.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 705

TealHyena said:

Debator said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    Yea, I know that. But people have spoken of previous interviews.
    TealHyena said:

TealHyena said:

Debator said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

nicky_S14 said:

Chicken said:

Mushroom wine tho
    Yea, I know that. But people have spoken of previous interviews.
    There was one with Mike around a thousand years ago

Guys said:

Please said:

Dont said:

Fall said:

For said:

The said:

Passport said:

Scams said:

They said:

Suck said:

Read The Names

Wow
    Salty
    Comments
    Exsist
    Here
    For
    Some
    Reason
    It
    Sucks
    Where is @lisa? Was that ever solved?
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited January 14
    Off the top of my head:

*Compass feature where they open a portal to a new world. Not implemented.
    *Space Biome- Implemented 18 months after announced.
    *Jungle Biome- Still not implemented.
    *Ocean Biome- Closest you will get is Rock Candy
    *Onyx Pocketwatch and Rabbit Foot - unavailable for over 3 years. First announced they would be introduced 2 and a half years ago.
    *Multi trading- Still not implemented.
    *The 10 winners of the Cathiron Dungeon Design competition to be added to the game - Still not implemented.
    *Improvements to official comp judging - still not implemented.
    *Results from the pixel art competition (the one in July 2015!!!)

The devs are unreliable at best, which is a shame as the game has so much potential.

People say there's been a resurgence, but it's short lived. Mike hasn't posted in two weeks and that was just to say Happy New Year. Lisa hasn't posted at all this year.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
    Honestly, this is the kind of discussion I expect 3 months from now - if there are no updates. They can't just wave a magical wand and release everything within a month. Do they have a ton of work to do? Yes. Will they do it? Wait and see. If nothing has happened by April then yes, I will be negative. But not yet.
    They have families and other jobs

They have families and other jobs

that doesnt mean they dont neglect the fanbase. You ignore all fact thats they do. Wake up, Mike isnt really showing any care for us
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182

Honestly, this is the kind of discussion I expect 3 months from now - if there are no updates. They can't just wave a magical wand and release everything within a month. Do they have a ton of work to do? Yes. Will they do it? Wait and see. If nothing has happened by April then yes, I will be negative. But not yet.

*Compass feature -2 years+ waiting
    *Jungle Biome- 2 years waiting.
    *Onyx Pocketwatch and Rabbit Foot - 2 and a half years waiting
    *Multi trading- A very long time waiting
    *The 10 winners of the Cathiron Dungeon Design competition - 18 months waiting
    *Improvements to official comp judging - 2 years waiting
    *Results from the pixel art competition 2 and a half years waiting.

All we do in DW is wait.

AMWhy said:

All we do in DW is wait.

At least we have steam jets

AMWhy said:

All we do in DW is wait.

Doesnt mean the other things are there. Jeez
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 644
    I like how he says it’s dead when this thread gets 170 views in the first few hours
    Debator said:

AMWhy said:

All we do in DW is wait.

Doesnt mean the other things are there. Jeez
    What else matters?
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidMember Posts: 716
    It's more dead than it should be, really. A lot less people than before, but the update gave us a bit more time before the end.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,667
    Deepworld is awesome! Come check out my quest in Wisdom Falls!