Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

The Great Library of DW

AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 133
Hey everyone! So I love to write, mostly fiction, and I like building in-game, though not many people have seen my builds since they're in my private world. I'm thinking of building an enormous library and writing sort of "books" just with notes and signs about the legacy of deepworld and some players, the whole story of the apocalypse (according to my imagination and what info we already have) e.t.c.

I guess what I'm asking is: should I build it and if so, how should I format the stories?

~Avia.

PS // Didn't really know which category this would fit in so I guess fan creations?? I think we should have a category for 'builds' but eh

The Great Library of DW 26 votes

Yes! Make it! Make separate levels for different books (on big signs)
30%
ZhaykChatotTheParrotChickenTishkuArcanGraveLilyabcClownDetech 8 votes
Yes! Make it! Write it all on notes just lined up on the wall
7%
tjergozTealHyena 2 votes
Yes! Make it! And have other players collaborate!
23%
ipadsMisterMondayIronManArchermofc1991hail_stormmhmsa 6 votes
Yes! Make it! just make it, idk what else
23%
vmh20Bastian7ElectroxYeongyulAviatrix_Brainstorm_ 6 votes
No... I don't like this idea
15%
derpdeeRasen_Kyugan_FoxRhinoClawKompaniec 4 votes

Comments

• AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 133
    Vote your opinion and if I do end up having others collaborate, comment here :smile:
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,773
    edited January 18
    I’ve made a basic one a couple of years back with some old deepworld stories (like the sacking of north market) at Mewtopia

Yeah, make one
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 1,619
    I vote choice B and C
    Alright then looks like it's gonna happen!
    Aviatrix said:

I’d love to help build! I would also like to write stories about the RIVUX Corporation, Barnabus, steam jets, the apocalypse, BioBots, and alla those nice things.

Aviatrix said:

I’d love to help build! I would also like to write stories about the RIVUX Corporation, Barnabus, steam jets, the apocalypse, BioBots, and alla those nice things.
    Alright but I've got a few subjects that I've reserved for myself ;)
    Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

...and how life came to begin, an- oh, ok

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

hahaha you can cover evolution if you really want :smiley:
    Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Well first, it is believed that human life (and other life) is from one or more different planets or moons. Human and animal cells could have come to Earth via meteor, which has happened with alien bacteria (bacteria not from Earth). If this theory is correct, somewhere out there are humans who have evolved differently to be able to live on the original planet, therefore creating humanoid aliens. There may also be space tigers involved. But the question remains how human cells could have gotten in an asteroid and survived the trip to Earth. It could have been where, well, let’s just say the aliens had a blast. Because of rocket ships, of course.

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Well first, it is believed that human life (and other life) is from one or more different planets or moons. Human and animal cells could have come to Earth via meteor, which has happened with alien bacteria (bacteria not from Earth). If this theory is correct, somewhere out there are humans who have evolved differently to be able to live on the original planet, therefore creating humanoid aliens. There may also be space tigers involved. But the question remains how human cells could have gotten in an asteroid and survived the trip to Earth. It could have been where, well, let’s just say the aliens had a blast. Because of rocket ships, of course.
    Yea but how on earth (ha ha) did brains evolve??? OR TERRAPIE
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,409
    Yes! Make it! Write it all on notes just lined up on the wall
    I think signs will make the library more messy than it is, plus you have more room to write on notes.

Love the idea btw!
    Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Yea but how on earth (ha ha) did brains evolve??? OR TERRAPIE
    Well, that’s all explained on the wiki! Humans figured out how to harvest ectoplasm from another WORLD, and after adding it to machines to create artificial life, someone thought it would be a good idea to harvest from the lord revenant, and “insert it directly into the human brain”. It was later deduced that the brains, especially the lord brain, were the main attraction at the World Fair. The whole plan backfired, though, when the brains still had intelligence — perhaps more than humans! The tent exploded with jets, and the brains flew away to equip themselves with weapons. They began capturing humans to turn into brains. After all the wars against the brains, the lands of Earth were left devastated. The brains’ factories spewed acid into the air, ectoplasm was common, and somehow it got into the ocean. After that, the brains decided Earth was a total dump, so they spread beyond it. Reaching to the far, well, reaches of space, the brains blew up stars when the new races didn’t cooperate. Humans couldn’t let the brains destroy all they’ve been searching for, but the only place they could reach was the moon. So there they went! Along with an army of vacuum resistant brains, the humans found an abundance of life underneath the surface. But, the brains moved on. Jumping from moon to moon, planet to planet, the humans made their way to an asteroid field, where the brains made their headquarters. The fight is still going on, though the humans may be winning!
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 755
    disrespectful
    edited January 20

disrespectful

how so? @Rasen_Kyugan_Fox
    Aviatrix said:

disrespectful

how so? Rasen_Kyugan_Fox
    With great libraries, come great responsibilities
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 755
    Aviatrix said:

disrespectful

how so? @Rasen_Kyugan_Fox
    because uneducated opinion
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 945
    A library was the first thing I built in DW. If u need help planning the build, I can come by.

I would suggest collaborating with other players on the building part, but for stories, pick only people who you know can write well.

Not many people like to read stories in DW.
    Good luck!
    I have some great lore to share after I pieced together the wiki and came up with some cool names. I’d love to help!
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave Member Posts: 104
    I love this! :)
    Detech said:

A library was the first thing I built in DW. If u need help planning the build, I can come by.

I would suggest collaborating with other players on the building part, but for stories, pick only people who you know can write well.

Good luck!

Wonderful! If you'd like to help here and there with the build it'd be wonderful! I've already planned out the structure but perhaps I could use some help too! :smile:
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,773
    By the way, if you didn’t experience some stories, I can get you some details about a few
    My library also has a few for reference

I’ve made a basic one a couple of years back with some old deepworld stories (like the sacking of north market) at Mewtopia.

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 945
    Aviatrix said:

Detech said:

Good luck!

Wonderful! If you'd like to help here and there with the build it'd be wonderful! I've already planned out the structure but perhaps I could use some help too! :smile:
    Awesome! Whatx the world name?
    Detech said:

Aviatrix said:

Detech said:

Good luck!

Awesome! Whatx the world name?
    well I'm currently exploring it but as soon as I'm done I'll make a new thread about the whole collaboration :)