Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

What’s this do/ what is this?

Discussion topic that deals in what some of the wacky things are that you find out in your mining or space expeditions, hopefully some experienced players will come by and help you all out.

Comments

• TownsonChayce02TownsonChayce02 Member Posts: 2
    I’ll start, anyone know what the heck a World Key does?
  • ChickenChicken Jokes vs Quotes Member Posts: 1,207
    It doesn’t have a use. It did at one point, though.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 1,397
    edited January 18
    It used to transform private worlds to public worlds, but then the devs thought that should be available to everyone. Commands were then born, and the world key stepped down from the throne.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,702
    edited January 20

It used to transform private worlds to public worlds, but then the devs thought that should be available to everyone. Commands were then born, and the world key stepped down from the throne.

Actually that is completely wrong
    Two or three years back, they gave every new user a mini home world, it was labeled “home”, a player who owned the world could only edit the world or add other users or make it public when he used a world key and got premium to turn the world into an “unlocked home world”, but then, the idea was seen to be bad and they cancelled the use and now only a few home worlds exist

Two or three years back, they gave every new user a mini home world, it was labeled “home”, a player who owned the world could only edit the world or add other users or make it public when he used a world key and got premium to turn the world into an “unlocked home world”, but then, the idea was seen to be bad and they cancelled the use and now only a few home worlds exist
    So what I said is correct, they were used to open up private worlds. Home worlds were technically the original private worlds.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 660

And now Deepworld is full of homeless people...

So what I said is correct, they were used to open up private worlds. Home worlds were technically the original private worlds.
    Also commands were not born then because home worlds are fairly recent
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,146

World commands were waayyy before this. I remember having a friend who made his world pvp and public back in March 2013, to which he taught me how to do the same with the same current day commands.
    Zacywacko said:

World commands were waayyy before this. I remember having a friend who made his world pvp and public back in March 2013, to which he taught me how to do the same with the same current day commands.
    That’s what I meant, they weren’t born then

I meant that the command for opening up the private worlds was made then.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,146

Zacywacko said:

The way you’ve worded this sounds like you’re saying home worlds came first, which they didn’t. Might just be me being a sausage, but it seems that way to me.

Zacywacko said:

Zacywacko said:

The way you’ve worded this sounds like you’re saying home worlds came first, which they didn’t. Might just be me being a sausage, but it seems that way to me.

Yeah, guess I worded it wrong
    What I meant was that the moment they decided to stop home worlds from spawning wasn’t the same moment that commands came out