Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Time to axe some loot.

ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 627
edited February 1 in Feedback and Game Ideas
There's five main items bugging me in this game: Tea, Skeleton Key, Sprocket, World Key, and Widget. I understand that they're supposed to have a use 'soon' (or used to have a use and no longer do), but there's no point in having players stock up while they wait - presuming the ideas are still on the table. Here's a pic of them in my inventory:

That's over 500 missed chances to get anything else with a function - even spikes xD The same is probably true for many players: we have had a heap of these items thrown at us, and right now they're just representing trash. There's nothing we can do with them. It's particularly frustrating in a space or desert biome now because of Moon and Mars globes. So please take them out of the loot system until we can actually do something with them?
Capture.JPG
75 x 362 - 15K

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 1,397
    I’ll take those off your hands!
    -holds up badge-
    The name’s Jerome, collector of all things useless
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 627

I’ll take those off your hands!
    -holds up badge-
    The name’s Jerome, collector of all things useless

xD I've been seriously considering hosting a useless giveaway with useless items. The only thing that stops me from giving them is the slight hope that they'll set something up so you can exchange them for common building materials or something. Shillings can at least be used to create statues, so why not something similar?
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 157
    I LOVE TEAAAAA
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 627
    Sorry to drag this back up but it's one of the things bugging me most when looting xD
    @mikelaurence
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,533
    edited February 14
    The worst is when you get what you know is slated as a top-tier super-rare drop and it's freaking festive lights or something. Like, come on. Those things are craftable. Every festive light drop you get from a mech chest steals one more super-rare chance to get something amazing. LIKE A MARS GLOBE.

ETA Oops I guess I kinda ranted off topic here. What I mean is, I think there are other things in addition to useless sprockets that should be taken off the loot list.
    Sirentist said:

The worst is when you get what you know is slated as a top-tier super-rare drop and it's freaking festive lights or something. Like, come on. Those things are craftable. Every festive light drop you get from a mech chest steals one more super-rare chance to get something amazing. LIKE A MARS GLOBE.

ETA Oops I guess I kinda ranted off topic here. What I mean is, I think there are other things in addition to useless sprockets that should be taken off the loot list.

Same goes for side-facing falcons.
    Sirentist said:

I completely agree with this, I just thought it would be a more-effective argument if I pick on the items that are entirely useless xD And hunting the mars globe is what sparked this for me too. This is the main reason I don't want to buy any more desert biomes until I know one way or the other

@mikelaurence
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 157
    Tea should be a consumable item, I don’t know what it would do though.

Make your screen wavy. Hey, who drugged thi... this... t...

Tea can do whatever it likes so long as it actually has a purpose

Tea can do whatever it likes so long as it actually has a purpose
    Duplicates itself!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,702

Calm a headache

Calm a headache
    Stop an earthquake.
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,236

Calm a headache
    Stop an earthquake.
    Fixes stuffy noses
    KittyKupo said:

Calm a headache
    Stop an earthquake.
    Fixes stuffy noses
    I haven't seen you for ages :o Welcome back!

I'm thinking that some of these items are on the list to be put into the sciency creations Mike's talking about. Well, hoping, anyway.