Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

LOST WORLDS

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 660
edited February 24 in Feedback and Game Ideas
I have been meaning to make this post for a long long time, but never got around to it.
I am new to DW. Well... 1 year. Sometimes in game friends who have been around for a while take me on a tour of lost worlds and show me awesome builds, by people who probably left DW a while back. This is one of the greatest and most attractive parts of DW to me, there is history and lots and lots of great creative projects players left for others to discover.

The only problem is finding those worlds.

I would like to make a list of worlds that inspired me to stay and build in DW.
LOST and ACTIVE WORLDS.

Please post names of worlds which you think are inspiring for builders, or future builders.

P.S. This is not a post to advertise your worlds, i and some other builders will look at the worlds you mention and discuss them before adding them to the list. We don’t want to flood the post, but at the same time have a variety of styles and ideas here for inspiration!

LOST and ACTIVE WORLDS by great builders:
Eldotread - Racerdog
ArcanGrove - Arcane
Windmore - Grebebe
Nuage - XXX

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 660
    Eldotread was the first world I saw that made me go crazy about DW. Racerdog is the most inspiring builder (to me at least). He is very helpful and inspiring to those who are getting into building. If you are thinking of building, or just want to see the endless possibilities DW has to offer, go check out his world.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 1,397
    Griffinfoot Way! Blue Brick Base is only half complete, but the other things are alright. Also, more and more people have been building in Griffinfoot!
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 759
    Rosesidle Grove was the first world I went that inspired me to build more.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,702
    I believe there was a nice world that belonged to Millicent, couldn’t remember it though

I believe there was a nice world that belonged to Millicent, couldn’t remember it though

I remeber something about that. Got to find that world.

I'll check out the other two, thanks.
    I bookmarked other worlds that have great builds, but I can't remember them. I will get on later on tonight to see what the worlds are and post them here.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,702
    Detech said:

Millie Hills?
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 157

Detech said:

Millie Hills?
    Isn’t that her desert world? I always used to hang with Millicent there I believe. It’s a pretty sick world.
    edited February 3

Griffinfoot Way! Blue Brick Base is only half complete, but the other things are alright. Also, more and more people have been building in Griffinfoot!

I checked out Friffinfoot Way and only liked one build there...
    That's the problem with worlds that have random people building in it.
    I wouldn't want to send people for inspiration to a world that has 90% nothing interesting.

Like this carrier ship though :)
    Post edited by Detech on
    Griffinfoot Way.jpg
    1847 x 855 - 1M
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,127
    TealHyena said:

Rock Candy is insane.

Rock Candy was a labour of love. It took me ages just to source the water bombs for the ocean but it started way before that with digging the ocean then placing the scenery within. Once the ocean was done, the islands, desert and forest were added then the world was personalised by visitors with their own inspiring additions. My favourite is @Grenebe's windmill island.
    edited February 3
    Detech said:

I checked out Friffinfoot Way and only liked one build there...
    That's the problem with worlds that have random people building in it.
    I wouldn't want to send people for inspiration to a world that has 90% nothing interesting.

Like this carrier ship though :)
    Ouch. That was made by a random person my cousin started a fight with.
  • ChickenChicken Jokes vs Quotes Member Posts: 1,207

Detech said:

Millie Hills?
    Here are some by Millicent.

Millie Hills is a garden world.
    Millie Bells is a Christmas world.
    Millie Ranch is a desert world.
    Millie’s Mini Mart is a market.
    Lilyabc said:

Rosesidle Grove was the first world I went that inspired me to build more.

Rosesidle Grove is a small cozy world with not alot of builds, but certainly worth mentioning. I think anyone who is thinking of a little home for themselves can borrow some ideas here.
    Rosesidle Grove1.jpg
    1781 x 1094 - 1M
    Rosesidle Grove2.jpg
    1781 x 1094 - 1M
    Rosesidle Grove3.jpg
    1781 x 1094 - 2M
    Rosesidle Grove4.jpg
    1920 x 1113 - 2M
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave Member Posts: 57
    Thank you, @Detech the great for mentioning my world as an inspiration for others. :)
    edited February 5
    ELDOTREAD - by racerdog

Today I decided to take a few screenshots of Eldotread to give you an idea of what you might see in this world, but there is like no end to this world. Soon there will be no place left to build.

Over the years racerdog accumulated so many ideas in one world that sometimes when I come to look for new ideas, I feel like my head might explode :) Definitely a must see world if you are looking to expand your world of possibilities in DeepWorld.

racerdog - an inventor and a master of symmetry
    Post edited by Detech on
    Eldotread1.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 2M
    Eldotread2.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 1M
    Eldotread3.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 1M
    Eldotread4.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 1M
    Eldotread5.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 2M
    Eldotread6.jpg
    1842 x 1553 - 3M
    Eldotread7.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 1M
    Eldotread9.jpg
    1360 x 1463 - 844K
    Eldotread10.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 977K
    Eldotread8.jpg
    2348 x 1553 - 3M
    Eldotread11.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 1M
    Eldotread12.jpg
    1734 x 1106 - 1M
    Eldotread13.jpg
    813 x 806 - 722K
    Eldotread14.jpg
    1823 x 1112 - 1M
    Eldotread15.jpg
    1784 x 1097 - 2M
    Millie Hills - Millicent

Millie Hills is a great builder with alot of large scale projects in her world and many different structures.
    Definitely something to check out if you are just starting to build!

Some of the greatest builders in DW were inspired by Millicent's builds, so I would not miss an opportunity to pay a visit here.

As Mr. Chicken aka Creeps mentioned, here are some of her other worlds to also keep in mind:
    Millie Hills - a garden world.
    Millie Bells - a Christmas world.
    Millie Ranch - a desert world.
    Millie’s Mini Mart - a market.
    MillieHills1.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 1M
    MillieHills2.jpg
    1315 x 1519 - 1M
    MillieHills3.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 655K
    MillieHills4.jpg
    963 x 920 - 377K
    MillieHills5.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 1M
    MillieHills6.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 736K
    MillieHills7.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 1M
    MillieHills8.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 970K
    MillieHills9.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 2M
    MillieHills10.jpg
    1832 x 1073 - 2M
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 948
    Steamforge City - Oxidis
    Ah, I see how to get in the list. Hyper, prepare Blue Brick Base! We’re going big!
    I would recommend AVOCADOs kinda but not everything has be updated to nicer builds and there is random builds still hiding everywhere. .-.
    Oh yea.. I recommend Wisdom Falls! Its own by this guy who builds 24/7 called Detech.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,127
    edited February 6
    Rock Candy is the best I can offer.

Edit: turns out it was already suggested and I already posted a reply! But yeah, Rock Candy is a great world!
    Grebebe said:

Steamforge City - Oxidis

Steamforge City - Oxidis

Steamforge City looks like a livable city with buildings built with purpose. Great overall environment and some interesting builds, especially the arena.
    A lot of unfinished structures say that there was a lot of plans for this world.

Great world for anyone who wants to see what a carefully planned city might look like.

steamforgecity1.jpg
    1736 x 1105 - 1M
    steamforgecity2.jpg
    1736 x 1105 - 2M
    steamforgecity3.jpg
    1736 x 1105 - 2M
    steamforgecity4.jpg
    1360 x 820 - 963K
    steamforgecity5.jpg
    1827 x 1726 - 2M
    steamforgecity6.jpg
    1736 x 1105 - 1M
    TealHyena said:

Rock Candy is insane.

Rock Candy - AMWhy

An outstanding world for builders to look at. Completed large scale projects that take up huge chunk of the world. Lot's of builds. Definitely a must see for anyone who is thinking of getting into large scale projects.

RockCandy1.jpg
    1900 x 1596 - 2M
    RockCandy2.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1M
    RockCandy3.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1M
    RockCandy4.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1M
    RockCandy5.jpg
    1757 x 1742 - 1M
    RockCandy7.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 644K
    RockCandy6.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 2M
    RockCandy8.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1M
    RockCandy9.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 992K
    RockCandy10.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 2M
    RockCandy11.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1M
    RockCandy12.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1M
    RockCandy13.jpg
    1520 x 1608 - 1M
    RockCandy14.jpg
    1827 x 1100 - 1002K
    RockCandy15.jpg
    1697 x 2250 - 2M
    edited February 6
    I didn't want to self promote my world... but given i don't think anyone remembers it I'll do it anyway

Windmore is where I made most of my builds, it's steampunk-themed and was originally designed for a large scale RPG project that didn't really go as planned sadly

(This thread contains some of the buildings in stitched-up zoomed-out screenshots
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/25017/come-and-visit-windmore#latest)
    Grebebe said:

I didn't want to self promote my world... but given i don't think anyone remembers it I'll do it anyway

Windmore is where I made most of my builds, it's steampunk-themed and was originally designed for a large scale RPG project that didn't really go as planned sadly

(This thread contains some of the buildings in stitched-up zoomed-out screenshots
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/25017/come-and-visit-windmore#latest)

I was actually going to do your world tomorrow in this thread! Thanks for the link. You mind if I use your screenshots? It takes me quite some time to make those for each world
    Detech said:

Grebebe said:

I was actually going to do your world tomorrow in this thread! Thanks for the link. You mind if I use your screenshots? It takes me quite some time to make those for each world
    Go right ahead, that's why I shared the link hehe ;)
    DENTOPIA - Sir_Arthur_Dent

That world is quite impressive... there's so much to see it's not even funny. The world is literally packed with builds, it's so unique and strange.. it's kind of like entering some sort of dream -- you just don't know what's next... Really odd and interesting, he's always had a unique style, really out of the ordinary
    edited February 8
    Windmore - Grebebe

Windmore feels like a world made for giants. All the builds are large and very thought through. Each build is a work of art. Grebebe has his own unique style where he incorporates DW world into his pic art created city.

The smoke coming from houses and windmills across the world, giving sort of a windy feel to the world.

Definitely a world to look at to widen your spectrum of possibilities in DW building.
    Post edited by Detech on
    windmore1.jpg
    1691 x 1761 - 2M
    windmore2.jpg
    1691 x 1761 - 1M
    windmore3.jpg
    1726 x 1108 - 1M
    windmore4.jpg
    1726 x 1108 - 2M
    windmore5.jpg
    2477 x 1908 - 3M
    windmore6.jpg
    1726 x 1108 - 1M
    windmore7.jpg
    1726 x 1108 - 2M
    windmore8.jpg
    1691 x 1761 - 2M
    windmore9.jpg
    1726 x 1108 - 2M
    windmore10.jpg
    1726 x 1108 - 970K
    windmore11.jpg
    1545 x 978 - 469K
    windmore12.jpg
    1173 x 1200 - 1M
    windmore13.jpg
    3767 x 1920 - 4M
    Guys, I will try to post a world a day (maybe more if I have time) - It takes some time for me to capture each world, especially with large screenshots. Please be patient. Or better yet, if anyone from the great builders who's world I have already listed has the time and skill to take large screens would like to add some posts of worlds, that would really help speed things up :)

I feel like I just started digging a bottomless pit, because there are SO MANY great worlds out there...
    But I don't regret taking up this project a single bit. I have already discovered a lot of things for myself and my personal building "ambitions" in DW.

I hope this thread helps out other builders just as much as it is helping me!