Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

COMPETITION: Space Spawn

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,178
edited March 9 in General
COMPETITION WORLD: SPACE SPAWN
PRIZE POOL STORAGE: MOUNT WISDOM
Hosted by: detech

Ladies and Gentlemen, get your mining picks sharpened, its time to build!

Ever since the first ever competition I participated in and got my first MK3 Energy Rifle in I always wanted to host a building competition, but I was poor and didn't have a good idea for the competition. A few days ago I was looking at the space spawn shape and decided to use it as sort of a rig that you could attach things to and thought it would be a fun way to test builder's creativity!

BEHOLD!!! The space Spawn Competition!!!

WHAT TO BUILD:
Using the space spawn area, we are going to create whatever we want out of it.
Be creative, but however whacky or sophisticated it may turn out, make it look at least somewhat functional.

THE RULES:
- Create a copy of the spawn area before beginning your build around it.
- Spawn Area CAN be edited, but should still somewhat resemble the original.
- You MUST protect your area with a protector
- No more than one large protector, or two regular protectors should be used.
- Put a plaque inside of the spawn area with your name (put it instead of the spawn portal).
- No swearing or insulting others during the contest.
- No griefing or filling chat with spam.

PRIZES!
I have not decided what the final prizes will be yet, but we have some awesome sponsors who really made this a great community event!!!
We will have prizes for the first three spots, and small prizes for top 10 entries.

Here is what we have in the prize pot so far from our SPONSORS:

Officially Sponsored by Deepworld. Not sure what the prizes from Deepworld will be. It is a surprise. Maybe some entries might even be used in the game :)

12 Onyx - donated by the famous LLMMZZ. You may have heard about his farm 100LVL. Check it out!

5 Onyx, 3 Trexs, 1 ice dragon, 1 globe and FREE REVIVAL at Rips epic maze in Frustration Nation. And 100 jerky - donated by insanely rich and famous Riptide, whos grand DW projects leave people asking for more!

1 Jackalope, 2 globes, 3 coffins, 3 fish, 1 Gashlycrumb, 2 Cornucopla, 3 ship wheels, 1 christmass tree, 1 reindeer and 1 sled lights, 1 cooky house, 1 airship, 1 onyx stocking and 5 regular, 1 boxing gloves, 3 blue teleportation pads, 5 compasses and 2 Holly Garland - donated by izpenguin, who's vaults are are exploding from all the items! And his heart is ready to spread DW love!

3 Onyx, 4 plat and 1 Airship from .Solar. !!!

1 Leap (painting) - donated by the DW famous builder Racerdog! Check out his world Eldotread!

1 Onyx, 1 T-Rex and 1 Zebra - donated by the DW famous builder Arcane! Check out his world ArcanGrove!

1 Onyx - donated by Android2.0, host of many awesome competitions, one of which I was lucky to take part in!

2 Onyx, 1 MK3 energy, 1 MK3 acid - donated by me (detech)

1 Rainbow Crystal - donated by Zackywacko! One of the oldest and wisest people in DW! Or so they say.

2 Ice Androids - donated by WALDO!!! the nicest person in the game who always helps out noobs and never ever ever gets angry at anyone! :)

2 Ice penguins, 2 ice seahorses - donated by Phexy!!!

4 T-Rex, 4 Mamoths, 1 ice swan, 1 ice seahorse, 3 cat crates - donated by Azergos!!!!!

1 diamond shovel, 1 map, 1 large and small daguerreotype, marble and bloodstone brain statue, marble engeneer statue, 2 ship wheels, light sled, large easel, 15 bonsai trees, 10 gift boxes, 3 tall gift boxes, android and panda toys, diamond gloves, flashlight, Cain and survival knife, stopwatch, horseshoe - by the lovely MisterMonday

40 blackrock, 1 large white, purp and red crystal, 2 sleigh lights, 1 globe, 1 cat, 1 android and 2 dog crates - donated by the incredible Leela.

1 diamond ore from Shadowreal

1 onyx weapon kit from Vhm20

TOTAL:
25 - Onyx
1 - Ice Dragon
1 - Jackalope
1 - Rainbow Cry
1 - L White Cry
1 - L Red Cry
1 - L Purp Cry
1 - Diamond ore
4 - Plattinum Ore
1 - Leap
1 - Gashlycrumb
4 - Globe
3 - Coffin
8 - T-Rex
4 - Mammoth
4 - sled light
1 - reindeer light
2 - Airship
1 - Onyx Stockings
5 - Stockings
1 - boxing gloves
5 - compasses (different types)
2 - holly garland
2 - cornucopia
5 - ship wheel
3 - fish
3 - blue tele
1 - Zebra head
1 - Energy MK3
1 - Acid MK3
1 - onyx weapon kit
2 - Ice android
3 - Ice seahorse
2 - Ice penguin
1 - Ice swan
1 - diamond shovel
1 - Map
1 - L Daguerreotype
1 - Daguerreotype
15 - Bonsai Tree
1 - Stone Brain
1 - Bloodstone Brain
10 - gift box
3 - tall gift box
1 - android toy
1 - panda toy
40 - Blackrock
1 - cat crate
2 - dog crate
1 - android crate
1 - large easel
1 - marble engineer statue
1 - diamond gloves
1 - diamond flashlight
1 - diamond cain
1 - survival knife
1 - stopwatch
1 - horseshoe

JUDGES:
- detech
- RhinoClaw
- Lilyabc (aka magical)
- Mofc1991
- Itsjustketchup
- AMWhy (aka Firelore)

- judges must be "Master Builders" (known, good builders) get accepted into judges and people who everyone knows, who have played for at least a few years. Basically people who's opinion others trust.
- judges must judge every entry that followed the rules (mainly have a plaque up and protector) and refrain from personal feelings towards contestants.
P.S. more judges yet to come!
P.S. Judges CAN participate in the contest, but CAN NOT VOTE FOR THEMSELVES!!!

Here are a few examples of spawn modifications that I made:

1. Space ship crashsite.
This space spawn was equipped with two jet wings and a blaster nose module. But unfortunately it ran out of fuel. Nonetheless pilot and the crew managed to create a nice survival landscape before dying :(

2. Crazy Robot Army:
This space spawn was equipped with a head, two foot modules, and two robotic arms. And apparently it gave birth to a little space robot army. creepy.

3. Lunar Expedition:
This space spawn was equipped with two energy efficient tracks and a solar battery unit with shiny blue lights and a whole set of drones to come along with it on the journey. All the drones can stuff themselves into the belly of the spawn area in case of a supernova.

Well, you get the idea!
Stay tuned, once the world is ready, we will announce it here!
If anyone else wants to become a sponsor and make the winner even richer, please contact me.
And if anyone knows how to get Mike's attention, please do. Maybe Mike will reward our winners with something special, or better yet, use their builds somewhere!

YAAY! It's been some time since there was a community competition in DW!!!!

P.S. I will not be participating and my builds are just examples for people to get the idea, BUT you can use any materials and make anything you want out of the spawn area!

CHEERS!
Post edited by Detech on
LOGOcontest.jpg
1267 x 837 - 796K
space spawn1.jpg
1772 x 1109 - 795K
space spawn2.jpg
1772 x 1109 - 727K
space spawn3.jpg
1772 x 1109 - 708K

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,178
    edited February 13
    LLMMZZ just made this competition really hot, by adding 12 Onyx to the prize!

Check out his XP and jerky farm - 100LVL

Man, I am upset now... there is more valuables in this competition then I own, and I can't compete...

The prize is stored in a vault in my world 'Mount Wisdom', you can check it out there.

P.S. Ty everyone for making this happen and trusting me with your items. Wouldn't of been the same with just my donation. Half of the competitions I took part in were a scam... I will try to make this competition a blast for everyone!

This is a really great DW community event!
  • Android2_0Android2_0 Member Posts: 239
    edited February 13
    So we have to use that area that the spawn is already in? Is it ok if we add stuff to that spawn area, but not delete things? Or do we just have to keep the soawn area untouched?

So we have to use that area that the spawn is already in? Is it ok if we add stuff to that spawn area, but not delete things? Or do we just have to keep the soawn area untouched?

I was going for 'adding stuff to the spawn area', but keeping the inside as is. This way it still looks like the spawn area.

What do you think would be better?
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 888
    Oh! Can I be a judgeeee?
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave Member Posts: 106
    Please support this community event! *up*
    Good luck to all the participating builders! :)
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 195
    Too bad I can’t space with blocks very good
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,019
    It’s time for a bubble package that Nasa uses for dropping precious cargo in space.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 484
    May I judge?
    -cough-
    ARCANE YOU SHOULD JOIN THE COMP!
    When will the world open?
    Um, Jacky wanted to use his world for something, but Jacky hasn't been on for a few days now.

Also, is space premium? Or should I use a regular world?
    Rule change:
    - Spawn Area CAN be edited, but should still somewhat resemble the original
    Jacky just came on!

Everything is agreed on. Making a spawn in the world and then we open it to public :)
    This competition has gotten crazy before it even begun!

Lllmmmzzz, RiptideTD and Izpenguin decided to spice things up with making LARGE contributions to the already nice prizes.

Here is what we have so far: 1 leap 1 umbrella painting, 1 rainbow cry, 21 Onyx, 1 ice dragon, 1 jackalope 4 T-Rexs, 3 globe, 1 airship, 8 ice sculptures, 1 diamond shovel, 2 MK3 guns and much much more!

Check out prize loot in Mount Wisdom!!!
    What’s a umbrella painting?!
    OHhHhhhhH nvm
    Woah. Can’t wait to participate!
    I will try to get the competition running by monday. Finishing up the contest world spawn.
    If any more people would like to sponsor the competition before it starts, this is the time. :)
    Does anyone know who Jacky is on the forums? :)
    edited February 15
    Lots of people are asking to be judges, so I decided to write down some rules on how we will decide judges.
    "Master Builders" (known, good builders) get accepted into judges and people who everyone knows, who have played for at least a few years. Basically people who's opinion others trust.

I am not sure if I should judge, since I am hosting. I will go see all entries in any case, and maybe take screens... :)
    It's up to you guys.

• TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 674
    Detech said:

Pretty sure it’s just @Jacky
    TealHyena said:

Detech said:

Pretty sure it’s just @Jacky
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,867
    I’m interested..

Fill me up for a judge
    edited February 15
    Detech said:

Lots of people are asking to be judges, so I decided to write down some rules on how we will decide judges.
    "Master Builders" (known, good builders) get accepted into judges and people who everyone knows, who have played for at least a few years. Basically people who's opinion others trust.

I am not sure if I should judge, since I am hosting. I will go see all entries in any case, and maybe take screens... :)
    It's up to you guys.

Can I still be a judge even tho you wrote down some rules?
    Lilyabc said:

Detech said:

It's up to you guys.

Can I still be a judge even tho you wrote down some rules?
    Your a Judge :)
    Can I judge
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,867
    On second thought, there’s a lot of applicants for judging, I’ll just participate in the competition.

When does it start?

On second thought, there’s a lot of applicants for judging, I’ll just participate in the competition.

When does it start?

I think it starts whenever the world is public..?
    Last time I saw detech he was working on a world..?
    I am working on the spawn in the competition world. Also I need the world owner to come online and make world public lol
    Leela. just spiced the prize up by adding some loot.. Thanks Leela