Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

COMPETITION: Space Spawn

Comments

• ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 200
    @detech put me on the team coach;^:
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 891

@detech put me on the team coach;^:

I vouch for Ketch if you needed to have someone vouch him.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,195

Can I judge

You are now judge ketchup!
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited February 16
    I'd like to put my name down as a judge.

IGN: Firelore

I'm preparing another building competition as well - I'll start mine after yours has finished so there is no overlap.

On second thought, there’s a lot of applicants for judging, I’ll just participate in the competition.

When does it start?

Do u want to be judge still?
    Azeros just added 4 T-Rexs, and 4 Mamoths.
    edited February 16
    Hey everyone, I counted up all the items so I could now arrange them into Prizes.
    It wasn't easy...
    Please help me sort out if I missed anything, especially items that I can't place. I think I missed a few crates from someone...
    All the placeable items are int he world: Mount Wisdom.

TOTAL:
    22 - Onyx
    1 - Ice Dragon
    1 - Jackalope
    1 - Rainbow Cry
    1 - L White Cry
    1 - L Red Cry
    1 - L Purp Cry
    1 - Leap
    1 - Gashlycrumb
    4 - Globe
    3 - Coffin
    8 - T-Rex
    4 - Mammoth
    3 - sled light
    1 - reindeer light
    1 - Airship
    1 - Onyx Stockings
    5 - Stockings
    1 - boxing gloves
    5 - compasses (different types)
    2 - holly garland
    2 - cornucopia
    3 - ship wheel
    3 - fish
    3 - blue tele
    1 - Zebra head
    1 - Energy MK3
    1 - Acid MK3
    2 - Ice android
    3 - Ice seahorse
    2 - Ice penguin
    1 - Ice swan
    1 - diamond shovel
    1 - Map
    1 - L Daguerreotype
    1 - Daguerreotype
    15 - Bonsai Tree
    1 - Stone Brain
    1 - Bloodstone Brain
    10 - gift box
    3 - stall gift box
    1 - android toy
    1 - panda toy
    40 - Blackrock
    1 - cat crate
    2 - dog crate
    1 - android crate

If someone who knows the prices could put all this into a total Onyx and diamond value, that would be great.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited February 16
    I've just seen that judges CAN (build) in the contest. I'd recommend that you change this to CAN'T. It will remove all possible bias and any future complaints.

Edit: minor correction
    Post edited by AMWhy on
    AMWhy said:

I've just seen that judges CAN vote in the contest. I'd recommend that you change this to CAN'T. It will remove all possible bias and any future complaints.

You mean that judges can build, but can't vote for themselves?
    You think judges should not be able to participate in the contest?
    Detech said:

AMWhy said:

I've just seen that judges CAN vote in the contest. I'd recommend that you change this to CAN'T. It will remove all possible bias and any future complaints.

You mean that judges can build, but can't vote for themselves?
    You think judges should not be able to participate in the contest?
    Ah, I meant build, not vote. Judges shouldn't be able to build.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 360
    Who only wants to judge and not build? Not me.
    Bastian7 said:

Me. And all of the judges should... The choice should be to take part or to be an impartial judge. Being both is impossible. Detech is already leading by example by not building - the other judges should do the same.

Here's why:

Judge A builds and wins (any) prize. Entrant F makes a good effort but just misses out. Entrant F accuses the judges of collusion. True or not, the accusation is made and impossible to refute.
    AMWhy said:

Bastian7 said:

Me. And all of the judges should... The choice should be to take part or to be an impartial judge. Being both is impossible. Detech is already leading by example by not building - the other judges should do the same.

Here's why:

Judge A builds and wins (any) prize. Entrant F makes a good effort but just misses out. Entrant F accuses the judges of collusion. True or not, the accusation is made and impossible to refute.
    On one hand your right, on the other hand some ppl say that people pick friends no matter that.

I want people to be judged by good builders though. How am I going to get them to participate if they rather build. Also I would trust a builders opinion more, because sort of understand building better.

It's a hard question of trust.

But if enough people say they don't want judges to build, then we will make it so.
    Detech said:

On one hand your right, on the other hand some ppl say that people pick friends no matter that.

With the last comp I did, we had 60 entrants, each given a number (and a helpful plaque with the number on for teleportation purposes). The judges simply teleported to each and voted on a number. They had no knowledge of who made which build (only I had that information). This made the process of judging fairer.

(I'm nearly set up for my next competition now. If you go to the world 'Competition', you will see what I mean here.)

Just choose judges who are trustworthy. There are a lot of trustworthy and honest players in the game, who are also good builders.
    Detech said:

But if enough people say they don't want judges to build, then we will make it so.

The point about judges entering is not something that should be voted on. It's a simple principle that should be followed to give your competition merit and professionalism.
    whats the point of doing both? I think judging and building should be one or the other:P
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 487
    Detech said:

Lots of people are asking to be judges, so I decided to write down some rules on how we will decide judges.
    "Master Builders" (known, good builders) get accepted into judges and people who everyone knows, who have played for at least a few years. Basically people who's opinion others trust.

I am not sure if I should judge, since I am hosting. I will go see all entries in any case, and maybe take screens... :)
    It's up to you guys.

Thanks for letting me judge:smile:

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,879
    Detech said:

On second thought, there’s a lot of applicants for judging, I’ll just participate in the competition.

When does it start?

Nah I’ll build
    What does first place winner win?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,037

Detech said:

When does it start?

Nah I’ll build
    THEY WIN IT ALL!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Detech said:

When does it start?

Nah I’ll build
    THEY WIN IT ALL!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The 1st place winner will be rich ._.
    I just re-read the rules, judges can build!
    I want to be a judge

I just re-read the rules, judges can build!
    I want to be a judge

XD...
    But Detech and another person were talking about the judge building thing.
    edited February 16
    Okay, so lets make it so that judges can't build.
    Anyone have a problem with that?

How did the number thing work? You had to chase each person and ask em what their number was?
    Alright, me no judge, me BUILDD
    edited February 16
    @Racerdog
    @Arcane
    @Lilyabc (aka magical)
    @Itsjustketchup
    @Mofc1991

Would u rather take part in contest or judge?
    Detech said:

@Racerdog
    @Arcane
    @Lilyabc (aka magical)
    @Itsjustketchup
    @Mofc1991

Would u rather take part in contest or judge?

I would rather judge. I can't build space themed stuff x3
    @Detech, every player places their own pro - just click the pro to see their name. Find me in-game and I'll talk you through it. It's not perfect as players can just tell judges their number, but if you have honest judges, it works well.

Oh, and I still want to be add d to the judge list!
  • racerdogracerdog Member Posts: 122
    Well, I'm a judge, so I won't be building (just my preference), but if I did it might look like this...
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 8.46.15 PM.png
    1210 x 1312 - 2M
    racerdog said:

Well, I'm a judge, so I won't be building (just my preference), but if I did it might look like this...

OMG, this is so sad... I want great builders to participate too.
    Though without you and Arcane in the competition, people have more chances :)
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,037
    Detech said:

racerdog said:

OMG, this is so sad... I want great builders to participate too.
    Though without you and Arcane in the competition, people have more chances :)
    Oof
    And me if I was in the ring they’d hand over the belt in seconds;)))());/()()(()()(()