Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

COMPETITION: Space Spawn

Comments

• bboommeerrbboommeerr Member Posts: 14
    FlynnXD said:

My WIP entry, 3 hours ago.

My entry now..

Earlier today, someone had filled a box full of acid, apparently unprotected. I made a mistake of thinking it was for their build. When I was gone, they trickled the acid and dumped it into my build.. I shout vandalism!

I cleared it out now though, but please don't do this kinda stuff, people.

Sorry FlynnxD I though you wanted acid for your build so I made a tank you could use >~<
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,220
    Ohh, I see.. That's a good motive.. But who dumped the tank's contents onto my build lol?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,195
    Could be anyone who was passing by and then... 'o look, its unprotected acid'...
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 891
    Detech said:

Could be anyone who was passing by and then... 'o look, its unprotected acid'...

Honestly I would have done that but not their build >-<
    But I wasn't on at the time..
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,220
    Detech said:

The best part was, they didn't just dump it down lol, they built a dirt bridge to the border of my build and then opened the acid XD, talk about planned acid dumping.
    FlynnXD said:

Detech said:

The best part was, they didn't just dump it down lol, they built a dirt bridge to the border of my build and then opened the acid XD, talk about planned acid dumping.
    Lol, all the effort!!!
    In case anyone loves to build spaceships, there is a private competition in the world: SPACE BOAT.

I hope someone makes a post about it.

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,879
    When does this end again?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,037

Dare I speak it...

Soon.

In 2-3 weeks
    We got only 32 entries so far. Please help spread the word.
    edited March 12
    Entries Update:
    1. Android2.0
    2. Vinnie_LaJoya
    3. AMENAZZY
    4. trainQuinn1
    5. Bboommeerr
    6. E.P.I.C.
    7. RiptideTD
    8. Shadowreal
    9. xx-rainbow
    10. Xx_Legend_xx
    11. Sir_Arthur_Dent
    12. Kacibug03
    13. .Mami
    14. IronManArcher
    15. _FReeZe_
    16. FlynnXD
    17. Yeah_You_Mate
    18. BakedIce.
    19. Gazz.
    20. AquaticOnyx
    21. TacOut123
    22. Arcane
    23. Electron101
    24. Tacout123
    25. Retta
    26. iamNathan
    27. fredwardthegreat
    28. Sparkle.
    29. winterwarri0r
    30. Ren_EpicGaming
    31. Raze211
    32. IceyKinq
    33. Yeongyul
    35. Bastian7
    36. Minerofthecentury
    37. Rocks
    38. .CheeseCake
    40. Midnight
    42. ZackyWacko
    44. Sir_Adder
    46. johnytoast
    47. .Solar.
    48. .Poptart.
    50. Jamie.
    52. ZHAR
    54. Avacado
    56. mhmsa
    57. NewGuyNow
    58. Scribe
    59. Not_Swag-420
    60. TealHyena
    61. racerdog
    69. Brainstorm
    70. ekkar
    73. DoesItGO
    75. Vincent18

56 entries
    Post edited by Detech on
    Hows March 24th for an end date for the building phase?
    Detech said:

Hows March 24th for an end date for the building phase?

Gouda.
  • YeongyulYeongyul Inside a pianoMember Posts: 734
    So Arcane is saying that we use 2 small protectors, but the forums says 1.
    How many do I use?
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 891
    Yeongyul said:

How many do I use?

Whatever the rules said in the world. Detech literally made a section for rules.
    Yeongyul said:

How many do I use?

Ahhh thank you, I changed it here to proper info.
    Its one large or up to two reg.

But try to make it smaller, its a.spawn after all.
    Now that AMWhy's competition is over, sign up for your second chance for a brass throne! (Or first chance for a second throne if your TealHyena) :)

Look at entries in the previous competition and see why judges look for.
    Judges are different in this competition, but the idea is the same - creating new game content.
    Read the judges requirements in Space Spawn judge section.
    Be better prepared before you start building.

We allow a large pro, but it is mostly so that you can have space for yourself. The entries should not be large and should not contain items that you usually don't come across in spawns and dungeons.
    Detech said:

Now that AMWhy's competition is over, sign up for your second chance for a brass throne! (Or first chance for a second throne if your TealHyena) :)

Judges are different in this competition, but the idea is the same - creating new game content.

We allow a large pro, but it is mostly so that you can have space for yourself. The entries should not be large and should not contain items that you usually don't come across in spawns and dungeons.

Or third chance including the official official competition.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 674

Detech said:

Was that ever confirmed to be a brass throne prize?
    TealHyena said:

Detech said:

If it wasn't confirmed by Mike, I would not post it as a prize.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 674
    Detech said:

TealHyena said:

Detech said:

No no, I understand your competitions Prize is definitely a Brass Throne. I was wondering if the other Competition that was hosted by Mike (Space Dungeon comp)’s Prize was a Brass Throne too.
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave Member Posts: 106
    edited March 10
    Detech said:

I have reviewed your spawn samples, some of which uses the brain parts like the ones you used as the body for your mini floating robots, touchplates, brass roofings(which hasn't been added in any natural buildings)
    I thought you'll take this part into consideration
    Post edited by ArcanGrave on
    edited March 10

Detech said:

I have reviewed your spawn samples, some of which uses the brain parts like the ones you used as the body for your mini floating robots, touchplates, brass roofings(which hasn't been added in any natural buildings)
    Yes, definately take in account the samples I made and that I used some of the easier to craft engineering items. But avoid using teslas and control pannels.

Just to make it clear where I stand:
    In our competition we will judge each nominated entry out of 50. Only 1-10 points are decided on how apropriate your entry is for a DW spawn. We also keep in mind that items can be removed if the entry is to be used in game. What we don't want to see is someone using 30 furnaces, or use of crystal blocks or rares/unobtainables in a spawn entry. Then again, if your using 1-4 jets, it might go just fine for a space spawn. And if Mike doesn't want them in official builds, we can later simplify the entry foe official use.

What we want is creativity and style first of all! We want world spawns, dungeons and bunkers to inspire players to build and show them wonderful possibilities of what is possible in DW. We don't want more of what we already have, with a slightly different variation and use of materials.

Also keep in mind that I will be one of 6 judges. And each judge has his own vision of what DW should look like.

Also, I think ot would be real nice if world spawns would be protected. That way we could have much better spawns.

Post edited by Detech on
    edited March 10
    TealHyena said:

Detech said:

TealHyena said:

Detech said:

No no, I understand your competitions Prize is definitely a Brass Throne. I was wondering if the other Competition that was hosted by Mike (Space Dungeon comp)’s Prize was a Brass Throne too.
    Aaah, no idea.

I just want that competition to be over lol
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave Member Posts: 106
    Detech said:

Detech said:

Yes, definately take in account the samples I made and that I used some of the easier to craft engineering items. But avoid using teslas and control pannels.

In our competition we will judge each nominated entry out of 50. Only 1-10 points are decided on how apropriate your entry is for a DW spawn. We also keep in mind that items can be removed if the entry is to be used in game. What we don't want to see is someone using 30 furnaces, or use of crystal blocks or rares/unobtainables in a spawn entry. Then again, if hour i'using 1-4 jets, it might go just fine for a space spawn. And if Mike doesn't want them in official builds, we can later simplify the entry foe official use.

What we want is creativity and style first of all! We want world spawns, dungeons and bunkers to inspire players to build and show them wonderful possibilities of what is possible in DW. We don't want more of what we already have, with a slightly different variation and use of materials.

Also keep in mind that I will be one of 6 judges. And each judge has his own vision of what DW should look like.

Also, I think ot would be real nice if world spawns would be protected. That way we could have much better spawns.

Thank you, Detech for bringing things clear
    and I hope that all the judges that you have chosen have taken a look at the space spawn samples you have made as well so they will further understand what kind of spawn competition this is all about.
    Any more people want to enter? There is still time. We have about 13 days left until it's finished.

Detech said:

Detech said:

In our competition we will judge each nominated entry out of 50. Only 1-10 points are decided on how apropriate your entry is for a DW spawn. We also keep in mind that items can be removed if the entry is to be used in game. What we don't want to see is someone using 30 furnaces, or use of crystal blocks or rares/unobtainables in a spawn entry. Then again, if hour i'using 1-4 jets, it might go just fine for a space spawn. And if Mike doesn't want them in official builds, we can later simplify the entry foe official use.

Thank you, Detech for bringing things clear
    and I hope that all the judges that you have chosen have taken a look at the space spawn samples you have made as well so they will further understand what kind of spawn competition this is all about.
    It can either be a spawn addition, or a completely custom spawn.
    Please keep in mind that the spawn portal has a small protection radius. I feel you place something there, like a fancy touch plate, or something, it won’t be mineable. So you won’t lose points... but don’t overdo it :) it’s still a world spawn.
    9C2A6922-A7D2-4044-BAE5-F1F593A5A958.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M