Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

This game needs serious fixes/reforms.

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 955
edited February 17 in Gripes and Grins
Now I completely understand this game isn't a triple A titled game, but that is no excuse to leave it in the position it's in. This game has so much room to grow and in the past 3 years it's been ran into the ground and used to siphon money from kids during holidays like Christmas. The lack of communication that is given out is horrendous and the moderation of the game is even worse. This game has so many great mechanics, and yet it's been unpolished and left to rot. Content updates only happen when there is possible income to be made and then left to sit for another year. Unless serious changes are made bankruptcy is ahead for this company.

Besides the fact the PC build currently doesn't function half as well as the IOS version, there is serious problems socially. I could probably list an ungodly amount of issues in-game related which I have before, and get nothing done, or I could talk about an even larger issue.

You cannot tell me, when you are off your day job, with plenty of free time on your hands, that you are unable to go and change some things development wise, story board ideas, or even interact with the community for an hour a day. This needs a serious change, because money is going into the game from players, but the developers are not returning a damn thing and there is only a single update once in a blue moon which just adds a preposterous amount of bugs for users.

I'd go as far as to say you can expect any revenue for this game to be <$50 a day. I personally wouldn't give you a single dollar at the current time, it's just not worthwhile. I haven't seen pretty much anything added and what was added was a money grab. I'd like to give a couple examples of money grabbing and bad contact that has happened, I'm sure most users will probably relate.

The interview: This one bothers me a lot. The fact that instead of saying, sorry folks we can't get around to it we're uninterested, you literally unpinned the announcement and didn't say a word about it and then stopped acknowledging the existence of it entirely. (Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I see, the interview thread was deleted entirely...)

The last update: Obviously Christmas time is the season of giving in America, and parents give kids Itunes gift cards and money to spend and plenty of companies give a large update during this time, but seriously, 50% of your updates have happened around Christmas time. If this isn't being acknowledged by the community yet and they don't see the pattern then I feel bad. This game has been a sinking boat for years and this snail slow "soon" update trend is getting older and older by the day.

The Competition: This one can probably go without saying. It took forever to come up and was started before Christmas. It was literally used to give the community a little hope of more activity and here we are 2 1/2 months into the new year and very little has been done. Barely any activity and lisa and our other super hero's of admins have almost pretty much vanished. They barely speak in the forums and the lack of communication is honestly disheartening. The interview with them was left to sit and die and not much word has been given out and things are winding down after Christmas time once again to follow the same trend that has been happening for many years now. To add on to the competition it's still going on, there's serous flaws with the rules, half the nominations have rare items in them and make pretty much no sense in adding, alternate accounts were entered to give unfair advantage and not a word or rule change was made and the original rules were extremely vague. This makes me laugh historically because I predicted everything that would happen after the Christmas update and it has all lead up to being exactly how I thought it would be.

World Machines: This one is one of the more sad ones, the obvious cash grab. These machines were added around about 2014, and still have yet to be completed. Not only are some of the promised machines unadded but you can't even pick them up to move to a new world and can't even be moved on PC. You have to pay real money for them and not a damn thing has been fixed for them since release 4 years ago and there's no word from the devs other than "soon".

This game has far more broken promises and I don't want to sit here like a broken record and waste more of peoples time reading. This games been abused for many years, and it's really saddening because I used to love Deepworld. I've grown to dislike it more and more though over time, with little acknowledgement and communication from the devs and admins on things, it's safe to say I've grown to just be utterly disappointed.

Now plenty of you will just say "Quit then" but what good does that do? Deepworld is missing out on so much potential revenue from not only me but plenty of others. This company is giving itself a bad name and is missing out on so much. Devs, if you are wondering why barely anyone is sticking around for this game at current time, it's because it's an unpolished monstrosity of a game. Advertising and getting the word out is the last thing you should be doing, and instead should be trying to get your game fixed up and get new content that ***WORKS*** in so that new and old players feel a reason to stick around. This could be done easily with daily login bonuses, the daily loot being kept with a log-in bonus, adding in loot boxes for winners of competitions/events that are held much more frequently, and an overall polish/overhaul to the game.

All I ask is you sit down for an hour or two a day, have a beer and have a good time with this game, make your project great and inspire yourselves to work on the game more. Don't leave it the way it is or you're just asking for more and more problems, get more regulation, communication, features and events and I can almost guarantee you will see an increase in player count daily.

Anyways, that's my long spiel on things. I truly hope this gets acknowledged and we see some form of change, I'd love to come back to this lovely community and get back into a game I once loved so much, but this game needs some serious reforms.

Comments

• ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,150
    Couldn’t agree more. The previous update they rolled out (space biome) was very unfinished and not very well polished, as the new biome hardly has anything in it other than white crystals. We need proper content, not unfinished or useless items (rares.) Will we see improvement? I severely doubt it. I’m expecting a few Deepworld clingers to say things like ‘The space biome brought back heaps of old players.’ This is a loose statement, as most of the ones that came back left merely days after they returned. Deepworld also needs to be on Android, and advertisements for the game need to be made. Defendants will also say ‘but they have families to look after.’ But guess what, all developers have family, yet they can still manage it. I still play the game, I have many friends that I don’t want to just disappear on. But changes must be made.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,019
    Zacywacko said:

Couldn’t agree more. The previous update they rolled out (space biome) was very unfinished and not very well polished, as the new biome hardly has anything in it other than white crystals. We need proper content, not unfinished or useless items (rares.) Will we see improvement? I severely doubt it. I’m expecting a few Deepworld clingers to say things like ‘The space biome brought back heaps of old players.’ This is a loose statement, as most of the ones that came back left merely days after they returned. Deepworld also needs to be on Android, and advertisements for the game need to be made. Defendants will also say ‘but they have families to look after.’ But guess what, all developers have family, yet they can still manage it. I still play the game, I have many friends that I don’t want to just disappear on. But changes must be made.

Believe it or not, but I have a comeback that wasn’t covered in your book. The game you want this to be can not be created by only two people (Mike and Jason (Lisa’s an admin)). What you’re talking about is a teams-worth of effort.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,150
    edited February 18

Zacywacko said:

Believe it or not, but I have a comeback that wasn’t covered in your book. The game you want this to be can not be created by only two people (Mike and Jason (Lisa’s an admin)). What you’re talking about is a teams-worth of effort.
    They can still provide us with at least something, we’ve seen them add heaps of cool items before. Communication is what we need, but we haven’t received much of it. I also said *most* of the oldies who returned quit again. Didn’t say all. I also consider 2015 to be modern, but that’s just me.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 937
    @JusticeGaming completely TL;DR but an off topic question, aren’t you that guy that abused your editing powers on codex to show you as an admin even thought you aren’t?
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,089

@JusticeGaming completely TL;DR but an off topic question, aren’t you that guy that abused your editing powers on codex to show you as an admin even thought you aren’t?

Yup. And he promotes his game that also doesn’t work well here and totally ripped off the art work from Deepworld for his game. Well he polished it so he says.lol
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,871
    I do agree that two people, especially people like mike and Jason, can do MUCH more than this

I do agree that two people, especially people like mike and Jason, can do MUCH more than this

They both work full-time jobs.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Whereas actions do speak louder than words, words do clear the air. I see this thread and developments from it as progress. Let's try and stop the negative comments and focus on the positives. Tomorrow is another day and I can see Mike is doing his best with the limited free time he has.
  • IusedtoplaythisIusedtoplaythis S͓̽o͓̽u͓̽t͓̽h͓̽ B͓̽r͓̽o͓̽w͓̽n͓̽ T͓̽o͓̽w͓̽n͓̽Member Posts: 27
    After reading that, Deepworld seems like a terrible game now...

Y’know what, everyone who thinks this, go on and try and make your own game. Go on, nothing to be scared about. Ya see? Running a game is hard! I’d like to see you all try and keep a game up.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 678

Y’know what, everyone who thinks this, go on and try and make your own game. Go on, nothing to be scared about. Ya see? Running a game is hard! I’d like to see you all try and keep a game up.
    Am I not allowed to see both sides of the coin? I like deepworld, but am fast running out of stimulation to keep playing.
    I've been accumulating money on the side by doing the odd survey and nearly have enough for an $80 splurge in itunes cards, but at the current rate I think I'm better off giving myself the $80 in groceries. I'm happy that Mike is communicating to us about some things but I also often feel ignored and a lot of threads do get ignored. For instance, all he has to do on my current thread about loot is say 'I'll look into it' or 'Sorry, the tea and widgets are here to stay'. I didn't think that was asking for much, but clearly I'm wrong.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 955
    edited February 19

I'd actually like to counteract that, after 5 years of game creation experience, I can safely say the only hard parts are obtaining art and doing networking, and Deepworld has so much already created unused art, this really tumbles down to developers not sitting down for an hour or two a day to do a little work on their game. I've made plenty of games and worked on several others as an intern, the job isn't hard at all if you put the work in, the Deepworld clicker game I made in less than a week is a great example of that, although unfinished because I lack the motivation, it just takes some work/time and an hour or two a day easily gets that stuff accomplished.

Don't know why people keep asking this, but no, I didn't, I did edit it to correctly make admins and developers two separate categories, but didn't place my name in either place, so no. If you mean the side bar of people who edited then technically yes, but the system auto does that after an edit.

They have the capability to add so much or even recruit some interns who just wanna have a little fun and learn and then work for free for them under a unpaid internship. There is not a good excuse for the patterns we have been seeing.

Running a game is probably the easiest part, it's just about as easy as typing this right now. I assume Mike knows how to code and Jason knows how to run a server, so things should be getting done very simply, but aren't. I know your deep love for this game will probably keep you on the defending side, but if you are a long time player you probably would have noticed the patterns this game has had content wise and it's just sad to watch, making a game is easy, but time consuming, they already made the game though, now they just need to add about 100 more lines of code and move some Z-axis objects around and fix layering on some other stuff and be more socially active. I write well over 5000 lines of code every day with the University work I do. So honestly, most excuses they have to make aren't really there.
    derpdee said:

Yup. And he promotes his game that also doesn’t work well here and totally ripped off the art work from Deepworld for his game. Well he polished it so he says.lol
    It in no way ripped off the art, it was literally a fan made project and they have a thread dedicated to giving art out so they could see innovative fan creations like that. Then again no word or acknowledgment has been given ever and I don't really expect any due to their activities. I'm just looking to have fun, because at least with a game I make I can expect to get updates out.

Guess we just gotta wait and see if the devs ever acknowledge this problem, seriously, when you have income every day from users, at least put an hour or two in, it's not asking for too much...

Edit: Just saw the new discussion, happy to see Mike took the suggestions silently, hope this is a turning point for Deepworld to get it moving in a good direction again.
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 518
    give mature consideration to all aspects of a question,considerable insight,
    It's obvious that developer need more time to think.

lol

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited February 19
    Justice certainly cares alot about DW since he spends so much time and emotions on it.

Maybe you should offer Mike some help with coding!
  • SpyroSpyro Dumb enough to tryMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,689
    5000 lines of code every day? Its too easy? 5 years of game creation? one week to make a clicker game? an hour or two a day??? AN HOUR OR TWO A DAY??? (Metal gear???)

you're either a super genius with no proof, or you're using sploder.com.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,017
    Spyro said:

5000 lines of code every day? Its too easy? 5 years of game creation? one week to make a clicker game? an hour or two a day??? AN HOUR OR TWO A DAY??? (Metal gear???)

After 3 weeks of tinkering with javascript, I'm 100% certain I'm the best ever javascript dev, and I dedicate a whole 20minutes a day coding.

5 years of development in game creation is basically like saying 3 weeks of javascript. If you're actually that invested into your projects you'll spend dozens of hours coding each week, not "an hour or 2 each day"

Also, you have to factor in the fact that Mike and Jason would also have jobs outside of deepworld, meaning they cannot give 24 hour attention to deepworld, especially when 90% of the stuff being said, is just whining about some idea they think is the best ever and should be added and chuck a tantrum when they don't get a response or "PLAYER X SCAMMED MY ONXY", "PLAYER Y STOLE MY NOTCH", "I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO LOSE 80 ONXY NO LIE I SWEAR IS TRUE".
    When your community acts like 4 year old children is it no wonder they keep to themselves?
    edited February 19
    Spyro said:

To clarify, no I do not spend an hour or two a day, I spend very large sums of time daily, because it is in fact, school work and a work field I'm passionate about, and also you do not need to be a genius to write 5000 lines of code daily. Each time I write something like AI code or advanced physics based calculus programs for projects I'm helping with or working on myself, I very easily make it over 5000 in a day. Code is heavily copy paste based, so that's to be taken into account. I simply was using the one to two hours a day thing to say, it would be nice if that was at least the minimum put into this game, rather than none at all. Obviously the level of complexity between Deepworld and a clicker game are far apart, but the creation of physics engines, time space, graphics space, and several other things I created myself easily amounts to 5000+ lines of code a day, that is, when I put my 6-8 hours in daily.
    Whether or not you want to believe me is all up to you, but I just want to see this games activity pick up so I can go back to playing a game I enjoyed instead of watching the same depressing pattern over and over.
    Multarix said:

Spyro said:

After 3 weeks of tinkering with javascript, I'm 100% certain I'm the best ever javascript dev, and I dedicate a whole 20minutes a day coding.

5 years of development in game creation is basically like saying 3 weeks of javascript. If you're actually that invested into your projects you'll spend dozens of hours coding each week, not "an hour or 2 each day"

Also, you have to factor in the fact that Mike and Jason would also have jobs outside of deepworld, meaning they cannot give 24 hour attention to deepworld, especially when 90% of the stuff being said, is just whining about some idea they think is the best ever and should be added and chuck a tantrum when they don't get a response or "PLAYER X SCAMMED MY ONXY", "PLAYER Y STOLE MY NOTCH", "I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO LOSE 80 ONXY NO LIE I SWEAR IS TRUE".
    When your community acts like 4 year old children is it no wonder they keep to themselves?
    And there lays a problem, because that isn't always the case. I've seen so many good ideas overlooked before, there is no doubt that the communication from the developers is pretty low. And yes, I understand they can't give 24 hour attention, but at least giving 1-2 hours of attention would bring this game along further and faster than none at all daily. A full time job is no excuse for not putting a little effort into something on the side that is making you income.
    Detech said:

Justice certainly cares alot about DW since he spends so much time and emotions on it.

Maybe you should offer Mike some help with coding!

Probably me being dumb here because I'm unsure whether or not that is sarcasm, but I would be happy to, but with the lack of communication, you have to really ponder how effective that would be. I believe Unity uses C or C# which is very native to the scripting language I've been currently using, wouldn't be all that hard to move over, but I'm unsure of whether or not that idea would even be considered due to either legal reasons or trust related reasons, although that's why backups of projects exist and Unity created the ability to do multi work on projects through their connection. If anyone's used Google Drive, just imagine that but as a game engine, that's how that would work, which I think would be great because it would be a fun project to work on, but it's highly unlikely that the Deepworld team would do that.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 678
    Can I just take the chance here to say that this is all intended to be constructive criticism? JusticeGaming is actually giving you thought-out responses and not resorting to name-calling or bashing another person's abilities.
    Once again, we're all on this forums because we love deepworld. You guys don't always have to act so personally offended every time someone suggests change. Change can be good.
    edited February 19

And there lays a problem, because that isn't always the case. I've seen so many good ideas overlooked before, there is no doubt that the communication from the developers is pretty low. And yes, I understand they can't give 24 hour attention, but at least giving 1-2 hours of attention would bring this game along further and faster than none at all daily. A full time job is no excuse for not putting a little effort into something on the side that is making you income.

I don’t think you understand what a FULL-TIME job is.

Edit: And, if you feel so strongly about this, why not leave?

If they concentrate on Deepworld a little bit, they could happily live off of it as a full-time job
    edited February 19

If they concentrate on Deepworld a little bit, they could happily live off of it as a full-time job
    What you're speaking of is a Valve size company, or the company that made Terraria. They have much more than two people.

Let's just let this sink because, contrary to popular belief, Deepworld is being cared about again. Two competitions and a new biome just came out. And y'know what? Who cares about new items. We got a whole new place to explore!
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 646
    Stockholm syndrome
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 646

What you're speaking of is a Valve size company, or the company that made Terraria. They have much more than two people.

Let's just let this sink because, contrary to popular belief, Deepworld is being cared about again. Two competitions and a new biome just came out. And y'know what? Who cares about new items. We got a whole new place to explore!
    Also Rimworld is an indie game being made by literally 3 people, has been out for 4 years and still gets updates once every 3 months.
    https://ludeon.com/blog/studio/
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,439
    Here we go again....

I gotta admit though, I am impressed by the impressive skills used here to look into other’s lives.

“With plenty of free time on your hands”

“I’d go as far as to say you can expect any revenue for this game to be <$50 a day”

Assumptions, assumptions... are they true? Maybe, maybe not. We can’t know, and that is for sure. While I agree that the devs let us down, it’s not fair to make assumptions based on nothing but your own ideas and fantasies. You don’t have the inside knowledge to judge how they can spend their time properly, nor what happens in their lives. They are humans too, you know. Get off your high horse and chill a Little.
  • ForestGumpForestGump ForestMember Posts: 152

Now I completely understand this game isn't a triple A titled game, but that is no excuse to leave it in the position it's in. This game has so much room to grow and in the past 3 years it's been ran into the ground and used to siphon money from kids during holidays like Christmas. The lack of communication that is given out is horrendous and the moderation of the game is even worse. This game has so many great mechanics, and yet it's been unpolished and left to rot. Content updates only happen when there is possible income to be made and then left to sit for another year. Unless serious changes are made bankruptcy is ahead for this company.

Besides the fact the PC build currently doesn't function half as well as the IOS version, there is serious problems socially. I could probably list an ungodly amount of issues in-game related which I have before, and get nothing done, or I could talk about an even larger issue.

You cannot tell me, when you are off your day job, with plenty of free time on your hands, that you are unable to go and change some things development wise, story board ideas, or even interact with the community for an hour a day. This needs a serious change, because money is going into the game from players, but the developers are not returning a damn thing and there is only a single update once in a blue moon which just adds a preposterous amount of bugs for users.

I'd go as far as to say you can expect any revenue for this game to be <$50 a day. I personally wouldn't give you a single dollar at the current time, it's just not worthwhile. I haven't seen pretty much anything added and what was added was a money grab. I'd like to give a couple examples of money grabbing and bad contact that has happened, I'm sure most users will probably relate.

The interview: This one bothers me a lot. The fact that instead of saying, sorry folks we can't get around to it we're uninterested, you literally unpinned the announcement and didn't say a word about it and then stopped acknowledging the existence of it entirely. (Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I see, the interview thread was deleted entirely...)

The last update: Obviously Christmas time is the season of giving in America, and parents give kids Itunes gift cards and money to spend and plenty of companies give a large update during this time, but seriously, 50% of your updates have happened around Christmas time. If this isn't being acknowledged by the community yet and they don't see the pattern then I feel bad. This game has been a sinking boat for years and this snail slow "soon" update trend is getting older and older by the day.

The Competition: This one can probably go without saying. It took forever to come up and was started before Christmas. It was literally used to give the community a little hope of more activity and here we are 2 1/2 months into the new year and very little has been done. Barely any activity and lisa and our other super hero's of admins have almost pretty much vanished. They barely speak in the forums and the lack of communication is honestly disheartening. The interview with them was left to sit and die and not much word has been given out and things are winding down after Christmas time once again to follow the same trend that has been happening for many years now. To add on to the competition it's still going on, there's serous flaws with the rules, half the nominations have rare items in them and make pretty much no sense in adding, alternate accounts were entered to give unfair advantage and not a word or rule change was made and the original rules were extremely vague. This makes me laugh historically because I predicted everything that would happen after the Christmas update and it has all lead up to being exactly how I thought it would be.

World Machines: This one is one of the more sad ones, the obvious cash grab. These machines were added around about 2014, and still have yet to be completed. Not only are some of the promised machines unadded but you can't even pick them up to move to a new world and can't even be moved on PC. You have to pay real money for them and not a damn thing has been fixed for them since release 4 years ago and there's no word from the devs other than "soon".

This game has far more broken promises and I don't want to sit here like a broken record and waste more of peoples time reading. This games been abused for many years, and it's really saddening because I used to love Deepworld. I've grown to dislike it more and more though over time, with little acknowledgement and communication from the devs and admins on things, it's safe to say I've grown to just be utterly disappointed.

Now plenty of you will just say "Quit then" but what good does that do? Deepworld is missing out on so much potential revenue from not only me but plenty of others. This company is giving itself a bad name and is missing out on so much. Devs, if you are wondering why barely anyone is sticking around for this game at current time, it's because it's an unpolished monstrosity of a game. Advertising and getting the word out is the last thing you should be doing, and instead should be trying to get your game fixed up and get new content that ***WORKS*** in so that new and old players feel a reason to stick around. This could be done easily with daily login bonuses, the daily loot being kept with a log-in bonus, adding in loot boxes for winners of competitions/events that are held much more frequently, and an overall polish/overhaul to the game.

All I ask is you sit down for an hour or two a day, have a beer and have a good time with this game, make your project great and inspire yourselves to work on the game more. Don't leave it the way it is or you're just asking for more and more problems, get more regulation, communication, features and events and I can almost guarantee you will see an increase in player count daily.

Anyways, that's my long spiel on things. I truly hope this gets acknowledged and we see some form of change, I'd love to come back to this lovely community and get back into a game I once loved so much, but this game needs some serious reforms.</p>

Damn,nothing else could be added ,@justicgaming said it all!
    This games needs a lot of work and no more “coming soon”please
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 674

The majority of deepworlds revenue is used to keep the game up on a third parties servers.
    TealHyena said:

The majority of deepworlds revenue is used to keep the game up on a third parties servers.
    And it’s not like somebody buys crowns every day. It’s probably just about $10 per week from crown purchases.
    It really amazes me that people still hold this stigma of games are this large monstrosity of a project that take hundreds of people to make. Games can easily be made by a single person with free time, and we aren't even talking about a brand new from scratch game here either, we're talking about maintenance and bug fixes/polishing which takes very little time if you get constructive feedback from your players, which has been given but feels blatantly ignored, then the process can move along easily.

I don't know how much more clear I must be, but Deepworlds updates are way too slow, and the much needed work just isn't going in.

I already stated this above at the very beginning of the thread why quitting is not an effective solution. I know some people don't enjoy reading large discussions but when you come to give constructive feedback make sure you've read the thread through.
    I also very well know what a full time job is yes. You have days off almost every week if not twice a week, as well as leisure time in afternoons as some people don't go to bed at 5pm when they get home from work.
    TealHyena said:

And this could easily be fixed if the game was fixed, if time was put in to make the game fun and exciting again and got people buzzing back in, profits would go up no problem and we worth while even if as a hobby in spare time, but instead we see Deepworld inactive and mostly all the work put in around Holidays that end up being unpolished time crunches with very few following fixes.

I feel like a broken record, is there any better excuses than the devs have other jobs? I'm kind of just curious at this point.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Get home at 5pm? What type of part-time job are you doing? I'm a teacher and on an average night I get home at 8pm if I'm lucky.

I have my own app. It's a gamebook. It's short, around 60k lines of text/code. It took me 6 months to do part time. My second game book is larger at 180k lines and took 3 and a half years part-time. There's a lot more code involved with the second one, yet even with copy-paste, 5k lines a day is impossible. (Copy-paste-edit is more accurate). 5k lines in one day can be done, but no one could do that consistently.

Having said that, you are right that tweaks can be done quickly. It seems to me that what would be beneficial is a list of the minors tweaks that need doing. The things that could be changed with just a line or two, or even a few mouse-clicks. An example would be adding onyx accessories back to the loot cycle, or back to the crown shop (onyx pocketwatch and rabbit foot).
    Tell you what?
    I’m not one of the leftists who like to beat the living horse to death or the rightists who praise their Satan Overlord, the best thing would be to just wait and see what they will do, normally give neutral feedback, little complaints in between, some constructive criticism, some praises maybe...

The original post was constructive, a bit much on the knife’s edge maybe, but I think it will only make the devs more considerate, especially for the amount of people who agree with it

As a developer, I expect it to be easy for the devs to add one object a week, an event or two every month, and a new biome per year, taking this in mind, being them, I could have released an android version back in 2016, hell, I’d be almost done with an Xbox One version by now... but I understand that maybe they don’t have the motivation, they have been working on the same game for 6 years, I know how boring it gets, and sometimes even repelling from Development... let’s just hope for the best.