Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Solar panels

ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 219
edited April 17 in Feedback and Game Ideas
With the new science machines coming up needing to be attached to steam pipes the hassle of red steam pipes underground and all why don’t we get some solar panels so we can connect em in the sky without a ugly pipe running down into the depths, just a idea:P

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,573
    Or a portable generator. I would love to not have to build airships and spaceships only where the pipes are.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,440
    Steam jets could power machines :blush:
  • ChickenChicken random pfpMember Posts: 1,344
    Good idea.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,061
    Bump: Another idea could be a pump, place it in a liquid to get a source of steam
    pumps, generators and pipe blocks! :)
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 386
    Solar panels don’t seem very steampunk. I recommend a steam generator, we already have an engine that does nothing so we could use that. I also recommend we need to fill with water and some other fuel source. I would say coal but that’s not in the game.
    Bastian7 said:

Solar panels don’t seem very steampunk. I recommend a steam generator, we already have an engine that does nothing so we could use that. I also recommend we need to fill with water and some other fuel source. I would say coal but that’s not in the game.

Or resin!
    Bastian7 said:

I would use guano as a fuel source lol.

Wine Presses would be awesome as pumps that get steam from liquids.
    Water - low energy
    Acid - medium
    Lava - tons of energy
    Would be awesome if you needed lava as energy source for some high level items to be crafted, acid for medium, water for low level crafted items.
    Oh! Oh oh oh! WIND TURBINES!!
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 219
    I think the ‘its not very steampunk’ thing has gone stale glares at giant red sleigh
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    The idea of a solar panel to produce power isn't far off steampunk to begin with.
    Pretend that the solar panel is simply heating water via the solar energy, which then can be used to power the rest of the steam powered machines.

This idea would allow for builds in the sky to have powered parts as well.
    A giant flying sky laboratory sounds like a cool idea when it comes to it.
    Or windmills/turbines.