Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Closing your own discussions/Editing past max date

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 999
I keep finding this block that makes posts unable to be edited after a large period of time to be nothing but a nuisance since I can't edit the top post on year-old posts.

Now I'm completely unsure of how vanilla works, so sorry if I'm just wasting my breath here, but I'd like to propose two suggestions to make the forums posting system a little more efficient so I don't have to make several different threads just because I can't edit the top post of one.

My first suggestion(which I'm unsure if it's possible) is the ability to edit top posts no matter how long ago it was written. This would be so helpful, especially for the thread I have on the fan made game I'm working on because I keep finding that information on the top post is just completely missing because things changed and I don't have the ability to edit it, so basically, just proposing the threshold on how long until a post can no longer be edited be removed/lengthened substantially. Again, unsure if it would be possible, but it would be super helpful.

My second suggestion would be the ability for users to close threads they created. This means once a thread is "No longer needed" per say, it could be closed and the topic would stop once the answer is given if its a question for example. This seems pretty standard in most forums I've found and makes searching for info much easier and keeps a thread from being a means of conversation in some cases where it's unneeded. I'm unsure if this is again, even possible, but it would be helpful to have if the first suggestion just can't be done.

I have no idea how vanilla forums functions but it would be super helpful to have these options to edit/close posts freely. The second suggestion is mainly just because I'd like to close an old post so that I could make a new one to update it, but if the first suggestion was possible then that wouldn't be a problem anymore and the second suggestion really wouldn't be needed.

Tell me what you guys think, I'd like to hear feedback on this proposal!

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,440
    edited April 27
    I think it would be a good idea, though it’s up to Vanilla what happens.
    Post edited by IronManArcher on
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,124
    Nah.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    yes, no. Thanks for your wall of text.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
    I really like both of those ideas. I'm not sure how much say we get with how Vanilla runs things, though