Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

A note on development progress

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
Hey all! You may have noticed that some time has slipped by, and no science system or new achievements have yet arrived ... and no progress on that official competition either :(

I just wanted to say don't worry - these things are still happening. I am planning to integrate the science system art starting next week, so it should move along quickly after that. (Also I will be addressing the patching annoyance as well).

Basically, I had a tough month ... a few weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my kitten Anna, who kept me company for ten years. After that happened, I decided to backpack across Europe for a couple weeks in order to clear my head and such (I'm currently in Lisbon, Portugal!) Anyway, things will get back on track, but as hobbyist developers sometimes personal life takes over.

We'll be back in gear soon, and I look forward to seeing everyone's science crafting shops :)

Comments

• vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 870
    Thanks for the update! Sorry about your kitten.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,669
    I put this on Twitter, but I don’t think you saw. Kittens are cute, and it’s sad to lose them.
    0BA45815-9B24-4300-972F-4EB259336733.jpeg
    261 x 261 - 27K
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339

I put this on Twitter, but I don’t think you saw. Kittens are cute, and it’s sad to lose them.

Lovely tribute. Thank you :heart:

Lovely tribute. Thank you :heart:
    You’re welcome. I know how it feels.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 705
    Aww. Have fun in Europe.
    Take your time mike.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 679
    When your in Lisbon make sure to visit Belum castle!!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    Enjoy the trip!
    Hope it helps with things.

Awesome!
    Keen to see new stuff coming out soon!
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 286
    Oh, Lisbon... I have a home there. Please don't forget to check out its special architecture! The 1755 Lisbon Earthquake led to the birth of modern earthquake engineering. Bon voyage! @mikelaurence
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567
    Coming to China will increase inspiration,The culture, the friendly people and the terrific food.
    Eating anywhere in China can be such a zesty, tasty experience that words do no justice.
    @mikelaurence People of Dw, a round of drinks, for everyone, on me.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,110
    edited May 7
    llmmzz said:

Coming to China will increase inspiration,The culture, the friendly people and the terrific food.
    Eating anywhere in China can be such a zesty, tasty experience that words do no justice.
    @mikelaurence People of Dw, a round of drinks, for everyone, on me.

Again, no

As for mike, take your time man. A well thought out update is better than 6 rushed updates to fix the issues you created in the first update.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 87
    Life happens, dude! Hopefully you're remembering why she mattered and where you are because of her.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    @mikelaurence also a question, when will we be getting a supernova neutraliser?
    So much of a space biome is unusable for building because of it

Also this list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d3u5AzmAkztNR4eedYinE_2snYgZNmUyOlk_Fcj78io/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
    Everywhen said:

Also this list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d3u5AzmAkztNR4eedYinE_2snYgZNmUyOlk_Fcj78io/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

But drawers don’t open
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,746
    Everywhen said:

Also this list:

Wow, thats a huge list!

Space is usable for building, just gets really annoying :)
    I had 400 - 500 deaths before space came out. Now almost 2000

But building in space is awesome. If you build a city, people rush into the buildings during novas :)
    I wish we had nova resistant backdrop.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,131
    Bastian7 said:

I think the exo suit from crown store should be nova resistant

Yes please!?
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567
    Bastian7 said:

I think the exo suit from crown store should be nova resistant

I need to loot 5000 Dungeon got free crown and buy these new exo suit .
    The game is pretty much unplayable for windows players at the moment.
    No crafting or inventory menus
    No accessories menu for me
    For others ccessory slots have apparently dropped down to 5 slots or something
  • general_darwingeneral_darwin Member Posts: 1
    take your time Mr. Lawrence, is there any chance you could port the game to android?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
    Everywhen said:

Oy. This just changed I take it?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,746

Everywhen said:

I play the game on both windows and iPad.
    Went back on PC today for about 10 min. Didn't notice any change, same old problems.
    But then again, I might have not noticed them'

Everywhen said:

It's been like this since Saturday morning Australia time so your friday night.
    @ChatotTheParrot has had the same issues
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Member Posts: 1,816
    Go right ahead Mike! Take ALL the time you NEED. RIP to your kitten.
  • SandoomSandoom Member Posts: 2
    Hey devs I hope you are reading this uuum when is the android release date for DeepWorld pls tell me bc I really loved this game and now i have switched to android pls pls tell me!
    Sandoom said:

Hey devs I hope you are reading this uuum when is the android release date for DeepWorld pls tell me bc I really loved this game and now i have switched to android pls pls tell me!

It’s coming out...

hehehe...

soon.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,011
    Everywhen said:

Everywhen said:

It's been like this since Saturday morning Australia time so your friday night.
    @ChatotTheParrot has had the same issues
    I just did a clean install of Deepworld for Windows 10 and everything seems to be functioning, not well, but functioning.

Just wish the noticeable bugs could be fixed, I'm getting tired of typing /exo a thousand times.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,040
    We’re rooting for you, wazow.. I mean.. mike.

We’re rooting for you, wazow.. I mean.. mike.

Mike Wazooooowskiiiiii
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 276
    Science is so exciting!!
    I’m waiting