Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

RACE CITY

Comments

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,623
    I’m done, I just have two quick questions. Are windows users capable of flying up one block holes and can they fall down these easilyimage
    8BF5B9E8-724E-477E-92FD-D3FAFBBCBB9B.png
    1136 x 640 - 902K
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,295
    edited June 25

Detech said:

MENAY leak asian7 DaBonManArcher ofp1991 eelHyena redwartthegreat Pipboy lynnXD XD

Please let me know if your area is finished.

Isn’t it?
    If you could fill the space racers see while on the track, it would be great. Maybe sort of give it a feel of what they are going through... A space city view, or factory, or a steam jet forge... I duno... :)

I am guessing racerdog did the right side transition between yours and his area, you could continue the same style if you want.

imageimage
    ironmanarcher1.jpg
    1669 x 1008 - 1M
    ironmanarcher2.jpg
    1669 x 1008 - 1M
    PIPTR0 said:

I’m done, I just have two quick questions. Are windows users capable of flying up one block holes and can they fall down these easilyimage

I just checked it out on windows. everything works fine. Only problem is going down through one block trap doors for some reason. But it's not a big issue... just slows you down a bit.

Looks good! Are you done now? :)
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,126
    Detech said:

Detech said:

MENAY leak asian7 DaBonManArcher ofp1991 eelHyena redwartthegreat Pipboy lynnXD XD

Please let me know if your area is finished.

Isn’t it?
    If you could fill the space racers see while on the track, it would be great. Maybe sort of give it a feel of what they are going through... A space city view, or factory, or a steam jet forge... I duno... :)

I am guessing racerdog did the right side transition between yours and his area, you could continue the same style if you want.

imageimage
    Ah, ok.
  • ForestGumpForestGump In space..Member Posts: 195
    Good luck
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,623
    Oh wait didn’t you want some viewing areas? I need to add those
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,032
    Chanes you made to my area are incredible @Detech

I could never make something that fantastic!
    DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,199
    June 22
    Racetrack Progress report:

WEEK 6
    Stage 01 - @detech - 100% complete
    Stage 02 - @Everywhen - 100%
    Stage 03 - @RiptideTD - 100%
    Stage 04 - @AMENAZZY - 25%
    Stage 05 - @detech - 100%
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 5%
    Stage 07 - @detech @racerdog - 90%
    Stage 08 - @racerdog - 100%
    Stage 09 - @Bastian7 - 95%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 70%
    Stage 11 - @mofc1991 - 60%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 25%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 50%
    Stage 14 - @PIPTR0 - 95%
    Stage 15 - @FlynnXD - 95%
    Stage 16 - @ArcanGrave (Arcane) - 0%
    Stage 17 - @racerdog - 100%

Total racetrack progress: 71.2%

Dear builders, once you are finished with your area, you will be removed from members. Please make sure that whatever materials you used in your area, you are okay leaving there. If you need to change something, or remove - let me know, I will temporarily add you back.

The time for building is coming to an end, so if you are not finished, or decide to leave your area as is, we (me and racerdog) will be taking over.. We do try to complete your area in your building style.

We took a few people through the track and they seemed to have enjoyed it and didn't mind it being so long.
    PIPTR0 said:

Oh wait didn’t you want some viewing areas? I need to add those

I am still thinking about it. Need to rethink it because racers can click tales through walls.
    Everywhen said:

Glad you like it. I didn't alter the mechanics of your parkour coarse.
    edited June 26
    Everywhen said:

I actually took your crane and just placed it in a few more areas, and attached the platforms to cranes :)

We did a test run yesterday and one person blew up on your exploder platform and then we couldn't pass the last area cause there were three people trying to do it at once. Was quite fun.

About half way through the race a supernova happened and after that all trap doors were stuck at closed position. Was a very weird bug. I hope this doesn't occur during one of our races...
    everywhen.jpg
    1710 x 2494 - 2M
    @RiptideTD 's part is a maze, but not as evil as Thrustration Nation...
    RiptideTD.jpg
    2602 x 1909 - 4M
    I had no trouble with it, it’s pretty simple. You just have to keep going right and you’ll make your way out eventually
    PIPTR0 said:

I had no trouble with it, it’s pretty simple. You just have to keep going right and you’ll make your way out eventually

I mean I placed teleports near the edges of each viewer area and racers can click them from outside the viewing area. So I have to reorganize the viewing areas themselves.
    Shark gave me a great idea of building a comentator room. There a person will have access to signs that show racers as they pass by checkpoints and inform racers of their possitions.

Will be like a real race
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 498
    I’m pretty sure I think I’m finished
    mofc1991 said:

I’m pretty sure I think I’m finished

Excellent! Thank you Mofc! We want to add something on top of your caves to make them look like they are under an alien city.
    Oh I was talking about riptides section
    PIPTR0 said:

Oh I was talking about riptides section

Oh, awesome!

Has anybody seen @TealHyena lately?
    Detech said:

Has anybody seen @TealHyena lately?

Yaay Teal is back and he is building!

Now we are only waiting on @fredwardthegreat @AMENAZZY and @Bleak :)
    Did our first test run with a few people who randomly dropped by the world. Offered Dias to anyone who passes the race...

one person got to stage 4 and got disconected after supernova. One was stuck at stage 2 the whole time with 1 agility and when he finally made it to the exploders... and the third person was clueless and roleplayed trying to buy food at the foodmart in stage 1.

Result: No diamonds were lost.

This got me thinking... should the racetrack be open to anyone who want to practice for the race? Cause people who have seen the track have a huge advantage...
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,222
    My part is 100% completed now.

I think, for now, until the track isn't fully completed, we only allow selected players (based off their agility and other influencing abilities to make sure the race track is universally doable) but before the opening race, you could leave the track open for 1-2days for people to go through a test run before the actual race, so that way it's technically an even footing.
    Racetrack Progress report:

WEEK 7
    Stage 01 - @detech - 100%
    Stage 02 - @Everywhen - 100%
    Stage 03 - @RiptideTD - 100%
    Stage 04 - @AMENAZZY - 75%
    Stage 05 - @detech - 100%
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 10%
    Stage 07 - @detech @racerdog - 95%
    Stage 08 - @racerdog - 100%
    Stage 09 - @Bastian7 - 95%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 75%
    Stage 11 - @mofc1991 - 100%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 75%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 75%
    Stage 14 - @PIPTR0 - 100%
    Stage 15 - @FlynnXD - 100%
    Stage 16 - @ArcanGrave (Arcane) - VOID
    Stage 17 - @racerdog - 100%

Total racetrack progress: 87.5%

Pressure is now on Bleak! Don't let us down!!!

We will soon let people practice on the racetrack.
    The estimated time of the racetrack is 15-18 min

We will run practice races from time to time as well.
    edited June 29
    @IKEIKE9832YT recorded himself going through the unfinished racetrack:

• LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 895
    Detech said:

Did our first test run with a few people who randomly dropped by the world. Offered Dias to anyone who passes the race...

one person got to stage 4 and got disconected after supernova. One was stuck at stage 2 the whole time with 1 agility and when he finally made it to the exploders... and the third person was clueless and roleplayed trying to buy food at the foodmart in stage 1.

This got me thinking... should the racetrack be open to anyone who want to practice for the race? Cause people who have seen the track have a huge advantage...

I WANNA DO A TEST RUN even tho.. yeeee.
    Lilyabc said:

Detech said:

Come test it anytime. There is a secret switch in the basement of the bar in lower city which takes you right to the start of the track. But keep this a secret!
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,126
    Detech said:

Lilyabc said:

Detech said:

Come test it anytime. There is a secret switch in the BEEEEEEP BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEP which takes you right to the start of the track. But keep this a secret!
    Well, now everyone knows.
    15 minutes is a very long racetrack and this worries me. When I tell people its this long I often get a negative responce, but so far, once people start going through the track, the finish it and give real good feedback.

Not everyone though, some people give up on stage 2, right @Lilyabc? lol
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,222
    When it's a serious race with good prizes at stake, I'm pretty sure people will consider 15 mins worth it. Maybe you could charge a minimal entrance fee though, that way it'll feel like a real race. Also, I guess mini races could be held too, maybe make the racers start at some middle stage instead of the actual start position.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 679
    FlynnXD said:

When it's a serious race with good prizes at stake, I'm pretty sure people will consider 15 mins worth it. Maybe you could charge a minimal entrance fee though, that way it'll feel like a real race. Also, I guess mini races could be held too, maybe make the racers start at some middle stage instead of the actual start position.

I agree, it should feel like a risk.