Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

RACE CITY

Comments

• GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,004
    This is possibly my all time favorite Deepworld project! It's so awesome!! I love seeing so many peeps working on something together
    I can definitely picture myself having fun going through that track, almost makes me want to play again :) keep it up!!
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,568
    Grebebe said:

This is possibly my all time favorite Deepworld project! It's so awesome!! I love seeing so many peeps working on something together
    I can definitely picture myself having fun going through that track, almost makes me want to play again :) keep it up!!

Do you want to build something in the project?
    edited July 2
    @MihirGames made a generous bday gift of 5 onyx today towards prizes at Race City!
    Mihir is the first Race City sponsor!image
    59B99F90-3AE7-40D6-9D3E-A5DC4CC3774B.jpeg
    1416 x 929 - 2M
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 614
    Wait didn’t I donate some onyx like a month ago to help or is my mind playing tricks on meh
    mofc1991 said:

Wait didn’t I donate some onyx like a month ago to help or is my mind playing tricks on meh

I remember you talking about it.
    Lets just say you did and I'll put up an extra onyx from you.

By the way, check out how we finished up your track with racerdog
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 248
    Happy belated birthday @Detech !!!

Happy belated birthday @Detech !!!

Thank you Forest!
    Racetrack Progress report:

WEEK 8
    Stage 01 - @detech - 100%
    Stage 02 - @Everywhen - 100%
    Stage 03 - @RiptideTD - 100%
    Stage 04 - @AMENAZZY - 100%
    Stage 05 - @detech - 100%
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 20%
    Stage 07 - @detech @racerdog - 100%
    Stage 08 - @racerdog - 100%
    Stage 09 - @Bastian7 - 100%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 75%
    Stage 11 - @mofc1991 - 100%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 75%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 75%
    Stage 14 - @PIPTR0 - 100%
    Stage 15 - @FlynnXD - 100%
    Stage 16 - @ArcanGrave (Arcane) - VOID
    Stage 17 - @racerdog - 100%

Total racetrack progress: 90.3%
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 281
    You guys are too late. xD @Detech
    Screenshot at juin 24 06-56-38.png
    1439 x 899 - 2M
    edited July 4
    In case anyone is wondering why we are so behind schedule, it is because besides building 3 areas each, me and @racerdog have to finish up 6 other areas. Also we are building up transitions between areas and making sure everything is filled up as far as you can see on screen durring the race to create a space city atmosphere. We are trying to finish up ASAP. Really looking forward to hosting our first race, we even have the sponsors with prizes already!

Would be great if @mikelaurence could participate in the race and maybe win some onyx. :)

As of now we have 2 areas to finish up and also waiting on @bleak to finally bring his grand ideas to life. :)

P.S. I would really love to have something from chuuya and @Grebebe in the race :(
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 915
    I tested out the race track. It was quite easy, but I recommend to have jerky on you if you don't have exo skin.

WEEK 8.5
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 20%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 90%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 90%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 100%

Total racetrack progress: 93.75%

The track is almost complete.
    We are a week past due date and we will now be removing all builders from members.
    Please let me know if you need anything changed, or if you need your large steam jet back :)

Areas that do not have enought built for us to replicate to complete the track will be removed.

First Race will take next week.
    You guys want me to post screens of all the areas when they are finished? :)
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,640
    Sure, it would be epic if you pieced them all together to make the full track
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,432
    Detech said:

WEEK 8.5
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 20%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 90%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 90%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 100%

Total racetrack progress: 93.75%

The track is almost complete.
    We are a week past due date and we will now be removing all builders from members.
    Please let me know if you need anything changed, or if you need your large steam jet back :)

Areas that do not have enought built for us to replicate to complete the track will be removed.

First Race will take next week.

I’ll let the large steam jet be there for the grand opening race, but after that I need it.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 614
    I memorised most the course to try and find my area so I’m pumped up
    mofc1991 said:

I memorised most the course to try and find my area so I’m pumped up

You mushroom caves attached a few of the racerdogs robots
    edited July 7
    Today I watched as Electrox passed the track while playing on PC
    Got stuck on ladders in stage 2 . Got stuck in a few other places I had to fix.
    By stage 12 game got so buggy for electrox, walls dissapeared between stages.

I hope game on PC gets fixed soon.

With more ppl there will be more bugs. I saw a strange new bug now about 5 times. I saw a spawn graphic appear on me and after that I couldn't activate switches and all blocks I placed returned to my inventory. After I reloged, I appeared back in the spot where spawn graphic appeared.
    Detech said:

With more ppl there will be more bugs. I saw a strange new bug now about 5 times. I saw a spawn graphic appear on me and after that I couldn't activate switches and all blocks I placed returned to my inventory. After I reloged, I appeared back in the spot where spawn graphic appeared.

Were you on PC?

Detech said:

Were you on PC?
    Nope. IPad. All these new bugs are happening since the last update.
    First race will be held this or next week.
    What do you guys think would be the best time and day?
    Detech said:

First race will be held this or next week.
    What do you guys think would be the best time and day?

High noon
    The Race Track is now 100% complete.
    The checkpoint, placement recording and tracking systems are 100% connected.

Just need to finish up the Winners Palace and viewers area and we are good to go!

I will make a separate post for the first race this week. Next week we race!
    It's time to post the areas for everyone to see and study :)

Area 01 - Lower City
    by detech
    (avoiding obstacles)
    The racetrack starts in the poorest area of Race City - the space slums where the poorest of the robots live. They get to be the first to cheer for the racers!
    01 lower city.jpg
    3617 x 2156 - 6M
    Area 02 - Factory
    by @Everywhen
    (parkour)
    The lower city ends where the the industrial district begins. Hop through a construction site with gravitation cranes and go through the factory which builds most of Race City!
    02 Factory.jpg
    4835 x 2502 - 7M
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 281
    Detech said:

Area 02 - Factory
    by @Everywhen
    (parkour)
    The lower city ends where the the industrial district begins. Hop through a construction site with gravitation cranes and go through the factory which builds most of Race City!

This is my favourite area! :smiley:
    Did a test run today, was a total success, 5 people finished the race. Was a bit of head to head action for 2nd and 3rd place, but okZC took out the competition, finishing the race in 13 min and 1 sec.

Was fun, handed out 1 Onyx to 1st, 3 dia to 2nd and 1 dia for the rest.

Most people who seen the race for the first time were quite excited, though about 3-4 ppl got stuck in area 2 on parkour. We might have to simplify it.

Main thing - everything is working.
    I would host more of these test races with prizes, but I would run out of onyx quite quickly lol.

If anyone wants to host a race at any moment, please let me know. I would love to test out the racetrack a few more times.

BY THE WAY, I left the racetrack open, so anyone who wants to practice, feel free to check it out.
    533E4123-6A38-4B14-BFE5-3B6ACE389D34.jpeg
    1284 x 987 - 2M
    Area 03 - Ancient District
    by @RiptideTD
    (maze)
    When you exit the factory and fly through Race City uptown skyscrapers, you end up in the ancient district.
    Try to go through the ancient ruins quietly without attracting attention of any "UFO"s.

03 Ancient District.jpg
    2769 x 2215 - 4M
    These large screenshots are taking me some time. Once I manage to find time to take screens of all 17 areas... maybe we will have a little competition or something? or maybe award all the builders for their hard work?

What do you guys think? :)
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,640
    I think it would be nice to give something small, for there was no promise of awards so obviously the builders aren’t concerned about awards