Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Share your happy deepworld memories

ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
Hey everyone, let's try something different and remember why we're here. What is something happy that's happened to you since you've joined deepworld?

So my happiest memories involve creating worlds for people to explore. In fact, that's what most of my forums discussions have been about. Back when I was a noob player, I would only have enough decorations to have one world running at a time so I'd move rares between story worlds xD When I get more time, I'm going to go back and refurbish some of my self-looted worlds. I'd often have worlds open way before they were completed because building was boring, and I'm extremely grateful for the people that visited them because they gave me the motivation to keep going and complete the project. (Johto is still complete if you want something new to explore)

I also love the awesome dance parties at times square. All it takes is one person to kick-start the reaction. People I didn't even know would join in and fire their guns everywhere.

So what happy memories do you have? Because at some point, we've all experienced something that made us stay with deepworld, even if it was for just a few months.

On an unrelated note, I have plans in progress for a new world. It's going to be a fan-made museum that may or may not match current deepworld lore and offer scenic recreations that you can participate in.

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    Happiest memories: Trying to kill @ChatotTheParrot

Good ‘ol Pandora parties

And when the engineering build finally goes right
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,585
    When steam jets were daily loot, and when I got a large steam jet. WEHEJEHEHEHEGEVSBHAGAVAB
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,667
    edited May 22

Johto is still complete if you want something new to explore

I visited Johto not so long ago! It was amazing. I heard there a lot of builds underground, I should make time to go through the quest there.
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,992
    That one art competition AoD held
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
    Detech said:

I visited Johto not so long ago! It was amazing. I heard there a lot of builds underground, I should make time to go through the quest there.
    Thanks Detech! The underground route is fairly basic, more of a chance to add extra content to people who were waiting for their friends to explore the world.

And that reminds me, another happy joy of mine is to explore worlds that others create. Wisdom Falls, Windmore, and Inception's world are by far among my favourites. While I might be an okay builder, these guys are absolutely fantastic.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,667

Detech said:

Thanks Detech! The underground route is fairly basic, more of a chance to add extra content to people who were waiting for their friends to explore the world.

And that reminds me, another happy joy of mine is to explore worlds that others create. Wisdom Falls, Windmore, and Inception's world are by far among my favourites. While I might be an okay builder, these guys are absolutely fantastic.
    I love Windmore. Check out Eldotread and Arcanegrove

When steam jets were daily loot, and when I got a large steam jet. WEHEJEHEHEHEGEVSBHAGAVAB

I remember when you tried to scam me in Times Square, along with countless other new players. You can't run from your past, IronManArcher. I will always be here to remind you of all the terrible things you've done. Unless you clean up your act and redeem yourself.
    ur mom
  • MaverickMaverick The Chernokov ashesMember Posts: 50
    edited May 22

I remember when you tried to scam me in Times Square, along with countless other new players. You can't run from your past, IronManArcher. I will always be here to remind you of all the terrible things you've done. Unless you clean up your act and redeem yourself.
    ur mom

The war between RSU and (was it?) Larkhall.
    Also the numerous RSU based worlds that sprung up back in 0'14 and 0'15.
  • YeongyulYeongyul i really, really like milkMember Posts: 747
    A good memory is when a random stranger gave me a premium gift. Don’t remember the username of the person though.
  • SmokeySmokey Member Posts: 1,012
    A fond memory of mine would have to be when @Sirentist finally agreed to build an infamous Toilet Hut on Smokey Peninsula, my world. It still stands to this day! A sturdy design created by an expert in the field of lavatories.
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 63
    My happiest moment was hanging out with my friends, Kray, skythegreenguy, playboy123, Laksmana, camey123, etc. in Southwell Ridge.
  • IMaTunaFaceXDIMaTunaFaceXD Member Posts: 74
    Happiest memory I had was getting added on Richland pvp on my banned account, At the time it was an honor, and recently I became a member of cake land!
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
    Wow it's nice this thread is still going. Thanks for sharing, everyone!
  • ZHARZHAR Member Posts: 17
    Happiest Memory is when I would enter North Market and see 10+ other people there ;)
    edited August 20
    My happiest memory is staying up all night trading and farming steam jets when they were daily loot.

EDIT: And the large steam jet, of course!
  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Member Posts: 50

ur mom
    I think we can all agree this is the best responce ever.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 146
    edited August 22

ur mom
    I think we can all agree this is the best responce ever.
    :o
  • SomeoneYouKnowSomeoneYouKnow Taking a trip down memory lane, But with knives!Member Posts: 50
    When I first started deepworld around 5 years ago, I met this guy called Yoloyolo and we built this hotel. I'm quite sad that I forgot the world name, though. It was crazy. It started with a normal protector, until we worked hard to get better protectors for the place. The normal protector got extended with a large, a mega, and after quite some time, a giga. I really loved that place, but suddenly yoloyolo left and I couldn't continue building anymore D: so I ditched it.

And then @Guardofthedragon came on the world and said he was looking for quartz/glass. I had like 100 on my inventory that time, so I presented the 100-ish quartz. He gave me a diamond for it (wait was it a diamond or a blue crystal?) either way I was so happy I went on and displayed it on the hotel.

Then I met this guy named @Telamon and he was like the best underground base builder I could think of during that time, I always asked him to build me one underground base and he would agree as long as I keep talking to him while he's building.

I then met @Aura who was like the chillest person ever, I forgot what we talked about most of the time but we talked a lot on his arctic world.

Then the RSU war at Richland PvP. This was the time where Richland was so freakin' famous, I literally forgot why there was a war, but I fought! And I think we won? The memories are really blurry. But that time was certainly fun.

Then I got obssessed with obtaining a private world but I can't because I can't spend money on games. So @Taurok let me build on his world called Yggdrasil, I think my unfinished house is still there? Idk.

Then 1 year into the game I met @Lyven who was my best pal EVER. We shared lots of moments together, and we spent 2 christmas eves on deepworld, in his arctic world that we spent hours at a time building. He also made me like my little pony that's why on my old account that i can no longer access ( @Mordecai_rigbys ) my profile picture is twilight sparkle.

Then there came a time where a guy named zomdie started pissing on my guild so I started a war with him. We ended up bombing the entirety of his spawn because one of his "knights" defected to our side. It was a war I can most certainly say we won. Our victory was not possible without the help of @Taurok and @tjergoz and @Nerevarine , MAN I love these guys.

Then my final moments in the game, I built a base at Gitlew and met my new best pal @Shredder1029. He was there in @Lyven 's absence. I love this guy too. He was my best pal that time along with @Muneeb and @Moonsetter

Yeah, they all left, I think. I wish there was some way I can contact @Lyven . I miss him badly.

Was the post too long? Sorry. I was reminiscing like crazy... Good ol' days...

• Peashooter8890Peashooter8890 Plants Vs. ZombiesMember Posts: 32
    My happiest memory was when I found my very first crystal, and when I made lots of good friends
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGroveMember Posts: 214
    One of my happiest moments in deepworld was when I discovered I can use roof blocks to form other builds than just using it as normal roofing (:
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,034
    I don’t know, all my memories are equally happy..
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,782
    Really, mine would be forming the BK guild and meeting all of its members. We still stay in touch to this day, back from the time years ago when we started, and I am grateful for that.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 86
    In order it would look like this:

1. Building up the DACA with Lisa to eradicate some pretty "unneeded" folks from the game over the course of a month and a half.

2. Creating the Omicron guild and getting some great players and people in to have fun for months on end.

3. Figuring out I can build some pretty big towers wherever I want, so @tjergoz and I effectively took 1/3 of the first giant world for RSU just for that reason.

4. The ice bucket challenge that a lot of players here shared via Instagram

5. Feeling like a lil' badass when I got a musket 1 week into playing in 2013

6. The dope-ass Christmas update that caused people to have strokes over finding ice sculptures.