Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Forums

EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
edited May 22 in General
This is stupid.

This is addressed to the community in general, although I know many of you just sit on the sidelines here.
Stop poking each other like a group of fiveyear olds trying to get a reaction for heaven’s sake.

The problem with Deepworld isn’t the devs or bytebin, its the community.

You all have this thing where you’ve got to show off how edgy you are or how good you are at shutting down others, under the guise of “wanting what’s best for the forums!”
All you’re achieving is making it harder for there to be peace and amity here.
You don’t need to constantly prove you’re better than everyone else, or to try and get as many points as possible. Its quite clear that people who can’t just drop things don’t give a [EBL] about the game or the community because if they did, maybe they’d stop and think before typing that next message. I’ve been trying to tell people for years now, literally years, that they need to stop being baited into arguments and stop escalating things.

In the real world, do you honestly think you’d be able to hold a job if you approached it with the same attitude that you have here? Or your friendships irl? Would they last if you act like you are now? No! So why act like it here? Because you need to put others down so you can feel good about yourself? Because you can hide behind the anonimity of a screen or an alt account? What gives you the right to make other people’s experiences [EBL]? Think about all the people who come to the forums, and all they see is people arguing, insulting each other and quitting.

What hope do we have of having a gaming community when all we display is constant negativity towards each other? How is that going to ever work towards a community?
People keep saying “its all llmmzz, once they’re banned it’ll all be fine”

Thats a load of [EBL].

Llmmzz is only recent. This problem has been around since the early days of Deepworld. You complain about arbiters and our flagging. We have provided numerous warnings on many occasions. Hell, I’ve even PM’d people to explain it.
If you don’t want flags, then stop posting crap that does nothing except further escalate fighting.

So yeah. You all need to stop and take a look at yourselves. Because the ones killing the game aren’t Bytebin, despite their flaws. The people killing Deepworld is the toxic joke of a community we’ve become, and the incessant negativity that’s being poured out across the forums.

Anyways, I’ll be around but if you want me, discord is your best bet. I’m over all the fighting and drama

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,793
    I was just thinking to myself today that Deepworld has the best community I have seen in all my gaming history. :)
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    Detech said:

I was just thinking to myself today that Deepworld has the best community I have seen in all my gaming history. :)

You must have a pretty small gaming history then clearly.

On the subject of the forums, not only is spam pointless but can I please for the love of god point out that most people here want to have a conversation with friends or otherwise, but at first mention of something even slightly offtopic, they get told to create another thread for it.

Have you ever actually seen that work, cause I certainly haven't.

This isn't about points as everywhen said, quite a few of the arguments get brought in because people want to have a conversation but someone steps in and says they cannot/ move the conversation elsewhere. It's a forum, not a library, people are allowed to talk.

Sure if the topic started as sheep and you end up discussing vampires, maybe it might be time to step in, but if it started as sheep and someone posts something about a cow, that's not a reason to tell people to go away.

The forum already has a small enough amount of people, don't encourage people to not participate.

Cause if you chase off everyone, nobody will be around to talk about your creation that you spent the last 6 months working on. Prime example: Race City. 2-3 years ago (even though the game was more popular back then) you'd have had 3 pages of comments in 24 hours. Another example is the SotD thread, barely see 1-2 posts per day now.

I'm not saying it's all the arbiters fault, but you all need to relax for like.. 2 seconds. Join in on a conversation. And stop making actual pointless arguments (I mean it, literally if you get 1 agree and 1 offtopic the post was rather... pointless) jokes aside, the forum is dying very much so along with the game. Don't make the mistake of killing it faster.
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugeMember Posts: 1,559
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567

Dracul said:

It sounds like you're complaining。
    I never complain-it only causes more trouble.
    who is arbiters ?i even dont know her/him,
    I don't need an unfair arbiters 。
    if i am DEEPWORLD ' BOSS , i will fire them.

stop complain !

Everything i do is ultimately for the sake of spreading positive energy.
    Positive energy knows no boundaries. If everyone were to spread positive energy on the Internet, the world would be a much better place.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,903
    llmmzz said:

Dracul said:

It sounds like you're complaining。
    I never complain-it only causes more trouble.
    who is arbiters ?i even dont know her/him,
    I don't need an unfair arbiters 。
    if i am DEEPWORLD ' BOSS , i will fire them.

stop complain !

Everything i do is ultimately for the sake of spreading positive energy.
    Positive energy knows no boundaries. If everyone were to spread positive energy on the Internet, the world would be a much better place.
    5bf.jpg
    480 x 318 - 16K
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,697
    Dracul said:

Finally, something agreeable coming out of your digitized mouth.
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006

Dracul said:

How about you listen to the post and stop being provocative if you agree so much with it...
    Grebebe said:

Dracul said:

How about you listen to the post and stop being provocative if you agree so much with it...
    Woah, I was saying I agree with what came out of their digital mouth.
    edited May 22
    Multarix said:

Detech said:

Maybe your just not aware of what goes on in the hardcore gaming community... :)
    Comparing to all the other games I played, deepworld is calm and friendly.

Judging by Everywhen's video of his coded door lock, he is a perfectionist.
    he wants things to be perfect in the forum :)
    Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

Maybe your just not aware of what goes on in the hardcore gaming community... :)
    These forums are perfect except for fighting, spammers, and trolls. All of the people who have been here for a while still (mostly) interact well with each other.

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

These forums are perfect except for fighting, spammers, and trolls. All of the people who have been here for a while still (mostly) interact well with each other.
    That's nothing out of the ordinary. :)
    Other than that most people I know in game are kind and helpful. And that's very rare for game communities.

• DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 651

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

Have you even looked once at activity in the last 2 days
    Debator said:

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

Have you even looked once at activity in the last 2 days
    I was going to add more to the list, but then I didn’t.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 286
    There is no words to describe the situation from my perspective. I’m only able to say this situation is gone too far and I’m really sad because of it.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 286
    Everyone need to get a grip. We are the deepworld community, we need to calm down and focus on the solutions, not yelling to each other. Human is a social animal and since the dawn of the civilization, problems are solving with talking. Don’t talk with your feelings, talk with your logic. Life is too short to yelling each other. If we want to solve this thing we need to move as a group, individualism is nice but in this situation, it will be a problem, we need to express a single expression against the problems.

Everyone need to get a grip. We are the deepworld community, we need to calm down and focus on the solutions, not yelling to each other. Human is a social animal and since the dawn of the civilization, problems are solving with talking. Don’t talk with your feelings, talk with your logic. Life is too short to yelling each other. If we want to solve this thing we need to move as a group, individualism is nice but in this situation, it will be a problem, we need to express a single expression against the problems.

You can’t have an omelet without breaking a couple of eggs, but other than that, I completely agree.
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567
    Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

perfectionist need 109lvl , he just a noob

llmmzz said:

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

No, u
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,045
    edited May 26
    llmmzz said:

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

I remember what we used to call people who judge player experience by their level and crow rank, I think I’ll just refer to them as “llmmzzs” from now on

llmmzz said:

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

I remember what we used to call people who judge player experience by their level and crow rank, I think I’ll just refer to them as “llmmzzs” from now on
    Or lmzs for short
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugeMember Posts: 1,559
    Well Every, it's been 4 days and nothing's changed. A+ for effort, either way. Good thing you have the discord :p
    Dracul said:

Well Every, it's been 4 days and nothing's changed. A+ for effort, either way. Good thing you have the discord :p

I don’t see any more fights ;)
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115

Dracul said:

I don’t see any more fights ;)
    That's cause we're all in the discord
    edited May 27
    One of my harshest gaming experiences was about 10 years ago in WoW. I was in one of the hardcore top clans and that meant very tough competition. 6 hours of raiding daily, including weekends + about 4-6 hours of farming daily to stay on top of the game. I had about 400+ days played in 3 years and sometimes would stay online for days and nights in a row.

In these three years I have seen people go clinicly crazy, cheating, suicide and countless drama.

That in mind, if people would stop complaining and start posting more game related material, the community would be nearly perfect.

The only serious issue I have seen in deepworld so far is people cheating and ruining the game for everyone. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
    edited May 27
    It seems that some people don't realize what a great community deepworld has.

Deepworld has one of the most layed back game communities I have seen, full of creative good natured people!

And one of the rarest things about this game is people get to create game contents and interaction with developers. This is just gold!
    Detech said:

It seems that some people don't realize what a great community deepworld has.

Deepworld has one of the most layed back game communities I have seen, full of creative good natured people!

And one of the rarest things about this game is people get to create game contents and interaction with developers. This is just gold!

And even if we argue a little lottle, it’s still a fun game