Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworlds problem

Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 898
To be honest we're all thinking that deepworlds problem is the lack of updates but no that's not it. We all played deepworld for a long time, we have everything (or mostly) there is, and we've done everything (or mostly) that it can offer. BUT !!! If you're a new player there's a LOT of content that you need 100-200h+ of gameplay to achieve.

So deepworld needs new players and here's the real deepworlds problem --> Deepworld isn't new player friendly.

And that's not because of the community or whatever that's because there's nearly nothing that a new player can do to compete against others that have played for a long time. For example new player can't do anything even in a temperate biome, there's a lot of dungeons he can't raid, there's nearly no 'random loot' from which he can get building/utility items, and obviously he won't get any crystals while competing with others that have perception lvl10+. And if a new player can't get crystals he can't progress in the game ( yes crystals are the first step of progression in this game). If there's no progression game becomes boring ( or at least there's no meaning in playing it) --> new player leaves the game.

So @mikelaurence we need to make a new player friendly environment in the game.

For example I recently joined an old pre alpha/beta world ( I wasn't playing back then so I can't tell) and was amazed how much content there was for new players, no dungeons, nearly no protectors at all, A LOT of randomly placed crates/sacks with stacks of building materials next to it.
So here's my advice on what you can do. Maybe you should make new category of worlds that can be joined only by new players and this worlds are the same as alpha/beta worlds.

Would like to hear any other suggestion that other's can add to this.

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,045
    What made all of us get to the point we are at makes new players get there, too.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,697
    I understand you want to help, but pretty much every point you made is false. My little brother just joined, and he finds blue crystals whenever a new world pops up. Also, whenever there’s a dungeon that he can’t raid, he asks for help clearing the protectors. The engineering level needed for breaking the bigger protectors is actually quite low, and he’s almost able to raid all the dungeons he finds. If my little brother can get up in the game, so can some 20 year old who just joined.
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 898

I understand you want to help, but pretty much every point you made is false. My little brother just joined, and he finds blue crystals whenever a new world pops up. Also, whenever there’s a dungeon that he can’t raid, he asks for help clearing the protectors. The engineering level needed for breaking the bigger protectors is actually quite low, and he’s almost able to raid all the dungeons he finds. If my little brother can get up in the game, so can some 20 year old who just joined.

By new I really do mean new players like first or fifth time entering the game. In my opinion the game would be more appealing to them if at the start everything was more intuitive.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 287
    I kinda agree,There’s should be like a private world for all new players and they should be able to leave after reaching some level (10).
    New players have no kind of chance against players who played for years ,It’s not that easy to understand the game and to play it.

I don’t know anymore
    Can deepworld make it happen?
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,903

I kinda agree,There’s should be like a private world for all new players and they should be able to leave after reaching some level (10).
    New players have no kind of chance against players who played for years ,It’s not that easy to understand the game and to play it.

I don’t know anymore
    Can deepworld make it happen?

there's HMS challenge which is only accessible by new players
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567

To be honest we're all thinking that deepworlds problem is the lack of updates but no that's not it. We all played deepworld for a long time, we have everything (or mostly) there is, and we've done everything (or mostly) that it can offer. BUT !!! If you're a new player there's a LOT of content that you need 100-200h+ of gameplay to achieve.

So deepworld needs new players and here's the real deepworlds problem --> Deepworld isn't new player friendly.

And that's not because of the community or whatever that's because there's nearly nothing that a new player can do to compete against others that have played for a long time. For example new player can't do anything even in a temperate biome, there's a lot of dungeons he can't raid, there's nearly no 'random loot' from which he can get building/utility items, and obviously he won't get any crystals while competing with others that have perception lvl10+. And if a new player can't get crystals he can't progress in the game ( yes crystals are the first step of progression in this game). If there's no progression game becomes boring ( or at least there's no meaning in playing it) --> new player leaves the game.

For example I recently joined an old pre alpha/beta world ( I wasn't playing back then so I can't tell) and was amazed how much content there was for new players, no dungeons, nearly no protectors at all, A LOT of randomly placed crates/sacks with stacks of building materials next to it.
    So here's my advice on what you can do. Maybe you should make new category of worlds that can be joined only by new players and this worlds are the same as alpha/beta worlds.

this why i build 109lvl, new player can lvl up from 0-40 in 2 days ,

The game needs at least 40 levels to realize the fun of the game and easy to find cry or loot dungeon.

welcome to 109lvl ,

the best farm in DW .

llmmzz

• ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 287
    llmmzz said:

The game needs at least 40 levels to realize the fun of the game and easy to find cry or loot dungeon.

welcome to 109lvl ,

the best farm in DW .

llmmzz

Great !! Love your skills of advertisement,
    You take any small opportunity to spread the greatness which is perfectly fine!
    Keep doing you llmmzz ❤️

llmmzz said:

welcome to 109lvl ,

the best farm in DW .

llmmzz

Great !! Love your skills of advertisement,
    You take any small opportunity to spread the greatness which is perfectly fine!
    Keep doing you llmmzz ❤️
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 92
    edited May 30
    llmmzz said:

welcome to 109lvl ,

the best farm in DW .

llmmzz

-Takes advantage of a good thread to advertise a run of the mill spawn farm
    -Signs name at the end as if we can't see it at the top
    -Offers no actual solution via their world to fix the multiple issues @Me_Crown_King brought up
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 947

I can't even find blue crystals anymore. I joined a world and almost every crystal I found was a red crystal. I hope that this was just coincidental and not a bug or whatever.

I can't even find blue crystals anymore. I joined a world and almost every crystal I found was a red crystal. I hope that this was just coincidental and not a bug or whatever.
    It's not a bug. You're just really lucky.