Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

The story of a patcher

tr4nsf0rmertr4nsf0rmer Member Posts: 209
It was somewhere in the year 2012, when I got my own iPad 2. Getting this thing on my hands felt like a key to millions of doors, that I could open and explore...
But after a year of “exploring”, I realized the “key” lead me only to some limited paths and consisted by only few things, which could be done:
Install a game > follow the rules in the game > end the game, because you got bored. And so later I got introduced to the world of Jailbreak.
The purpose of Jailbreak is described by its own name. Instead of using my iPad as an entertainment device, I was able to use it as a tool similar to a compact PC, perfected for my needs. Hacking games is not an exclusion of things I could do.

February 2018, while I was playing an online game with not permitted abilities, I saw a guy even more advanced than me and he told me about the tool „Flex 3“. In short it’s a tool, which allows to download and create patches.
The list of uploaded patches to download is incredibly huge and of course the list included 2 patches for Deepworld: “Walk Through Walls” and “Walk On Air“.
These two things made me play Deepworld, which I stopped playing for about two years, again. Although these patches made me insanely overpowered, I pushed it even further by creating other ones, which I uploaded for everyone to use (my first mistake). After running around with the patches in Deepworld, people started to ask me how to get those and I didn’t resist and said how to do it (my second fatal mistake). Why are those my mistakes? It’s because in my mind, I thought there are 2-5 people that would dare to hack their devices followed by hacking Deepworld, so it would result in having an „Elite“ group of people. But these people spread the instructions to other and soon the download counter on all of my patches went over 20. Unfortunately I started to see first details of patches getting in the wrong hands... To be honest, I wasn’t better...
So the only thing I could have done is remove my patches that are being free for everyone to download, by contacting the developer of the „Flex 3“ tool.

3rd April, I made a post on the forum, where I basically turn myself in, but nobody noticed it.

13th April (ironically it was the Friday), the most reported players caught the hit of the mighty ban hammer, including me, D4N_2xI_L. That was the point where I should have just left and stopped playing Deepworld, but that wasn’t possible for me and I kept playing as D4N_alt_1-15 with all the patches, until I came across @Everywhen , who convinced me to not use them.

And so I now play as D4N_alt_infinite, without any patches, facing all the problems I came over 5 years ago.
What I want to add is, that I’m sorry for my actions (again). I don’t know if or how can revert those bad and unthought things I’ve done.

With honesty,
D4N_2xI_Limage
My masterpiece, I had to give up...

[Reposted this, cuz the first post was in “General” category of “Lunar Lockdown“ :neutral:]

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,589
    All is forgiven. Hopefully with this new patch patch (because the word patch can also be used as an update to fix something in a game or website) it will all be fixed.
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006
    I never understood what's appealing with being overpowered through cheating... I think it's wonderful that you're admitting to it and trying to correct your mistake... But finding cheating (and going beyond the boundaries of a game) amusing shows poor moral values and lack of consideration for others... The whole point of a game is to reap the rewards of hard "work" (fun work)... the reward is to be able to witness the growth of your character, leveling up and gaining a certain status in a group... So by cheating you get no sense of accomplishment, and speed up that growth process... I just don't get it

again, it's almost admirable that you're admitting to it, but I hope this behavior will be punished because players like you really ruin the fun for alot of people..
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,674
    edited May 27
    Thank you for ruining the game for many people. I am glad I could convince a few important (to deepworld community) players not to quit and wait it out. You have trully created a disaster for deepworld.

I hope that the new patch will fix the issue and all will go back to normal fair play.

To you I salute you for loving and succeeding in programing, and I hope it works out for you in the future. But if you ask my opinion, I wish you would leave deepworld and went to experiment with something else.

I personally don't care much for your apology or admitting what you did. But I hope you realise what is wrong with your attitude soon, because this type of behaviour could really get you in serious trouble later on in life.
  • tr4nsf0rmertr4nsf0rmer Member Posts: 209
    edited May 27
    Detech said:

Thank you for ruining the game for many people. I am glad I could convince a few important (to deepworld community) players not to quit and wait it out. You have trully created a disaster for deepworld.

I hope that the new patch will fix the issue and all will go back to normal fair play.

To you I salute you for loving and succeeding in programing, and I hope it works out for you in the future. But if you ask my opinion, I wish you would leave deepworld and went to experiment with something else.

I personally don't care much for your apology or admitting what you did. But I hope you realise what is wrong with your attitude soon, because this type of behaviour could really get you in serious trouble later on in life.

I don’t think you have read it all. I started cheating in Deepworld, because there were existing cheats and I found those on accident, not because I had a will to create the patches. It wasn’t only me getting the situation out of control. Later on I’ve turned sides.
    I really want to help making Deepworld cheaters-proof and I have tried to get @mikelaurence attention. (http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27618/how-to-prevent-cheating-in-dw-on-ios#latest).
    I can understand your anger though.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,901
    creating patches to cheat on a video game is a waste of talent
    edited May 27
    I read the whole thing.
    Many trusted players informed Mike right away. I don't think you need to bother him, or post about how you are sorry that you used cheats cause they were available'.

Just find something that interests you, so that you don't have to make posts like 'game got borred so I turned to cheats'
    Detech said:

I read the whole thing.
    Many trusted players informed Mike right away. I don't think you need to bother him, or post about how you are sorry that you used cheats cause they were available'.

Just find something that interests you, so that you don't have to make posts like 'game got borred so I turned to cheats'

...they said they stopped like halfway through and are sorry for ruining the game for other players
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006

Detech said:

I read the whole thing.

...they said they stopped like halfway through and are sorry for ruining the game for other players
    That's nice and all, but just because you confess to a mistake doesn't mean the mistake is erased.
    I'm pretty sure transformer was expecting some backlash to his actions, and backlash is to be expected given he is ('was') a cheater (which is pretty much, on the scale of gaming, the closest thing to being a criminal). It's a stupid thing to do, it ruins the fun for others.
    It's nice to be so forgiving but it isn't wrong either to be unreceptive to the apology given the offense

PS: not trying to start an argument, just saying I don't see why he should be defended when he's just paying the price for his actions (which I assume he knew would happen before writing this post)
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 395
    Cheaters are [EBL] selfish assholes, I barely mine anymore because of them. Hope that helps.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    So. Anger is understandable. But continuing to carry it around isn't the best idea either?
    I am not angry. But I do want him to understand that him "having fun" (along with others) almost ruined the game not only for the newbies, but for the core players, without whom the game would pretty much collapse.
    edited May 28
    I honestly have no idea what anyone’s saying in this thread.

“Forgive them”
    “Don’t forgive them”
    “They already sound down in the dumps. Don’t sink them further”
    “Make them feel like they’re in a bottomless pit”
    “Pfft, apologies are for losers”
    “Cheaters ruin the game, and no matter what they say afterwards, they don’t deserve forgiveness”

I mean, I know the forums are currently trash, but don’t throw people into the pits of oblivion because of a thing in the past. Time for the quote of the day: “Not everyone deserves forgiveness, but they sure do need it if they ever are to change.” -IronManArcher
    With this patch, the, uh, patch, should be fixed.
  • tr4nsf0rmertr4nsf0rmer Member Posts: 209
    edited May 28
    I don’t need forgiveness, moreover I don’t deserve it, since @Detech claims it was me, who brought players to the point, where they would leave the game.
    There has always been some cheaters, whether in form of scammers or patchers. All I wanted to say is that I changed myself by committing and stopping the “crime” and trying to help.
    forgiving is not forgetting.
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567
    edited May 28
    @tr4nsf0rmer ,actuly in an sandbox game we need all kind of people , include scammer ,hacker ,cheater , and some good people , That's the fun of the sandbox game。

The desire is a devil, also is progressive motivation, an educated person compared with not well educated person, they usually would even cover up their own desire.
    It is not easy to rise above ordinary desires. I hope you've learned a lot through this game。

@ItzDennisz , @tr4nsf0rmer ,like my fishing game . lol

Everyone has his own situation. Everyone wants to get better.
    All people want to try different things,
    There are things that you can only understand through experience, but smart people learn from others' experience.

If no one destroys the game, or large-scale destruction, developers will not improve the game.From this point, all players need to say thank you.

maybe you know a guy named love.... (maybe love or love..) he has many alt acc, he is one of the smart kid, he own the best scammer skill(max skill) in DW, lol

he can sacmmer many onyxs and onyx tools and +3 accessry even notch , he is one of my friend , he is very famouse scammer in DW ,almost every one know he is scammer but he can scammer successful everyday , he scammer me too, but he is one of my best freind, For a period of time, he told me every day what he had gained though scam.

@tr4nsf0rmer Don't care too much. this just a game .

i love everyone( include you )in DW.

llmmzz

Post edited by llmmzz on
    llmmzz said:

tr4nsf0rmer ,actuly in an sandbox game we need all kind of people , include scammer ,hacker ,cheater , and some good people , That's the fun of the sandbox game。

ItzDennisz , tr4nsf0rmer ,like my fishing game . lol

There are things that you can only understand through experience, but smart people learn from others' experience.

If no one destroys the game, or large-scale destruction, developers will not improve the game.From this point, all players need to say thank you.

maybe you know a guy named love.... (maybe love or love..) he has many alt acc, he is one of the smart kid, he own the best scammer skill(max skill) in DW, lol

he can sacmmer many onyxs and onyx tools and +3 accessry even notch , he is one of my friend , he is very famouse scammer in DW ,almost every one know he is scammer but he can scammer successful everyday , he scammer me too, but he is one of my best freind, For a period of time, he told me every day what he had gained though scam.

tr4nsf0rmer Don't care too much. this just a game .

llmmzz

Very well said, llmmzz. Very well said.
    llmmzz said:

@tr4nsf0rmer ,actuly in an sandbox game we need all kind of people , include scammer ,hacker ,cheater , and some good people , That's the fun of the sandbox game。

The desire is a devil, also is progressive motivation, an educated person compared with not well educated person, they usually would even cover up their own desire.
    It is not easy to rise above ordinary desires. I hope you've learned a lot through this game。

llmmzz

1. why do you ping a guy in his own thread 3 times
    2. why do you ping me
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,034
    llmmzz said:

llmmzz

I barely understood three quarters of what you said, but I feel like there’s an interesting point and I have to agree with you.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 651

llmmzz said:

llmmzz

I barely understood three quarters of what you said, but I feel like there’s an interesting point and I have to agree with you.

He makes a very interesting point that if people break the game in such a way, the devs HAVE to take action and bring out updates.
    can you like stop each time you quote that post i get pinged