Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

What do you mean?

IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,230
Hey howdy fellers! I noticed that the forums could use a bit more discussions where we actually... discuss, so I had this grand idea. A discussion where we discuss things about the game! Ask any question you have, and it’s a 80% chance that someone here can answer it. So, with no further ado...

Why do terrapi only have 4 legs? If they’re land octupi, shouldn’t they have 8? Or were they shed when the world went dark?

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,230
    I’m sure there’s lots of lore (yep, there’s lore in Deepworld) that could be unconvered by asking questions. And maybe we can even get more detail on how ectoplasm works.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,887
    i thought you quit the forums
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,439

I’m sure there’s lots of lore (yep, there’s lore in Deepworld) that could be unconvered by asking questions. And maybe we can even get more detail on how ectoplasm works.

People used to make all this amazing (non)canon lore for the game in ye’ olde days, often answering delicate matters like ectoplasm, the worlds fair, the brains...good times, good times...
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,045
    edited May 30
    @Dracul started a fantastic lore project long long ago, but sadly many of the contributors are no longer active. If I can find it, I'll share my cringey DW lore

EDIT: HUEHUEHUE FOUND SOME:
    Everywhen said:

Will shook himself out of his thoughts as the turrets activated again, this time destroying a small automata. There was work to be done. He stretched as he got dressed in a pair of trousers and an "I <3 Deepworld" shirt he had found in an abandoned outpost. Now, Will had absolutely no idea what the heck Deepworld meant, but he spent so much time deep underground that he had grown fond of the article of clothing. He let himself fall down a glass, landing lightly on a trampoline like structure he had made from a table and balloon material. Gravity was always faster than taking the stairs. He sighed as he climbed down to the stone floor. I should probably at least look at that paperwork. Will walked over the shelf and picked up the large wooden box. Man, I forgot how heavy this thing was. What the heck did Roxanne put in here? Rocks? He reached to his belt and unclipped a metal tube. It was about 30 centimeters in length, and 2 cm in diameter. He clicked a button on the tube, and instantly, the tube extended, telescoping until the length had doubled. At one end, two sharp iron prongs extended, curving in opposite directions to complete the transformation. Will used his pickaxe to carefully pry the lid off the crate before groaning. I bet she did it to get back at me for annoying her. The box he had been given by the intel agent was stacked to the brim with files, forms and other paperwork. Worst of all, it all seemed to be financial reports that needed to be reviewed and calculated. He unpacked the box, noting that there were some other things in there too, such as a few reports of increased Automata activity in temperate worlds, plans to explore new regions and a large canister marked "TEA" that he couldn't manage to get open, even trying to break the tin with his pickaxe. Probably Roxanne's idea of a joke, he thought to himself. He dropped the canister on the table and kept unpacking the box, chewing on a stick of jerky as he worked.
    In reality, jerky wasn't actually really jerky, but a flavored stick of nutrients. After the singularity, seeing as food was so scarce, scientists had engineered a foodstuff using hunted meat and several "human friendly" additives, packing as much nutrients as possible into the stick, then flavoring it with more of those "human friendly" additives. It was even said that some varieties of jerky packed enough punch to bring back a man on the brink of death. Honestly, Will hated the stuff, but there really wasn't much else to eat, so he had to live with it. He remembered once, as a treat, Christoph had given him some fish, he had managed to buy from a trader who had shown up at the organisation HQ one day. It was the most amazing thing he had ever eaten. Its "natural" taste was so different from the artificial taste of the jerky ration sticks. After that, he had bought the fish-flavored variety whenever it was available (and affordable), but it couldn't compare with the taste and texture of the natural stuff.

• Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 942

Does one ever truly leave?
    No but if we did there wouldn't be anyone to get harassed by attention seeking trolls.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,936

Does one ever truly leave?
    No but if we did there wouldn't be anyone to get harassed by attention seeking trolls.
    Guys, this is a peaceful hecking discussion

On a sidenote, why do we all have the same health? I could’ve sworn I ate more protein than anyone

On a sidenote, why do we all have the same health? I could’ve sworn I ate more protein than anyone

Maybe we aren't real humans, just dolls for the brains to play with.
    How do the humans have access to ectoplasm?