Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Update 2018.1: "Aberdeen"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
Welcome to Deepworld's new regular update series. It's about time, right?! Well, there's a bunch of new capabilities in the latest builds, and I'll be catering to those on a (mostly) weekly basis from here on out. We've got to name them somehow, so might as well use some Deepworld-ish names.

So without further adieu, I present to you update 2018.1 -- "Aberdeen"!

NEW ITEMS:
- Platinum shovel :sunglasses:

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Grandmaster Hunter
- Legendary Hunter

NEW MECHANICS:
- No more karma for mining blocks
- Brain Wine is now craftable (it ain't easy though!)

Comments

• tr4nsf0rmertr4nsf0rmer Member Posts: 209
    AW YEAH, NEW ALMOST THE SAME AS ONYX TOOL!
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    edited June 1

Edit: Woah
    337A3270-4EB9-4AA7-802B-1EE9FBF9FA42.jpeg
    859 x 592 - 744K
    FC1AF03D-D232-43E5-BA7A-372720A50903.png
    1136 x 640 - 691K
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
    Whoooooooo!!! This is awesome!
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
    edited June 1
    This may be a bug, but I may be wrong. Seems on windows that all plat tools are craftable, and all but the shovel and pickaxe seem to only take onyx, guess it's time to update my diamond cane to plat one for cheap real quick lol!

Besides this everything looks great on windows, great job Mike!

edit: o, didn't realize that the building would actually work, seems you don't need the 100 plat for other tools!

Edit #2: Seems this is what happens if you try to give someone one of the tools:
    PlatPimpStick.png
    1018 x 418 - 760K
    O.png
    406 x 64 - 25K
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 872
    Sweet!
    F4A30B4D-87F0-4F1B-B097-15AC5EC17C1E.png
    2208 x 1242 - 5M
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349

This may be a bug, but I may be wrong. Seems on windows that all plat tools are craftable, and all but the shovel and pickaxe seem to only take onyx, guess it's time to update my diamond cane to plat one for cheap real quick lol!

edit: o, didn't realize that the building would actually work, seems you don't need the 100 plat for other tools!

Edit #2: Seems this is what happens if you try to give someone one of the tools:

Argh.

Don't get attached to them :wink:
    edited June 1

Argh.

Don't get attached to them :wink:
    feelz bad man

edit: proud owner of all unreleased plat tools

//I hope that 16 onyx wasn't for nothing//
    Screenshot (184).png
    70 x 424 - 70K
    edited June 1
    Don’t know if this happened with the update too, but I just looted a mars ;D
    34C14C3B-F4A2-4D16-8295-CB5221D789F1.png
    1136 x 640 - 617K
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 898
    edited June 1
    Here’s a global bug. Every time I re-enter a world I’m getting the 20k xp from killing mobs. And when I close and re-open the game I’m also getting notified about it. Also tested it and it’s not a visual bugimageimageimage
    93ED2592-583C-44A8-9DD6-3C6ABC04B4DD.jpeg
    1615 x 1211 - 873K
    C04E28A0-1AC8-4C7C-857A-4B318F045BB0.jpeg
    1513 x 1135 - 642K
    ED029161-228C-4119-9D56-582FA5B2AB5E.jpeg
    915 x 686 - 214K
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 567
    - Grandmaster Hunter
    - Legendary Hunter

which is the best ?
    屏幕快照 2018-06-01 19.30.48.png
    1264 x 690 - 848K
    屏幕快照 2018-06-01 19.31.11.png
    1276 x 693 - 982K
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    Not sure if this change happened with the Aberdeen update or with the client update to 2.10.0 but now on the login page the text of latest news runs in one very long line:

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
    edited June 1

Here’s a global bug. Every time I re-enter a world I’m getting the 20k xp from killing mobs. And when I close and re-open the game I’m also getting notified about it. Also tested it and it’s not a visual bug

Oyyyyyy.

Fixing now ... but I think folks definitely took advantage of that one. I'll be resetting affected players' XP and such back to a reasonable point ... and @Me_Crown_King you will get a reward for reporting this serious issue. Thanks!
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,797
    edited June 1

Here’s a global bug. Every time I re-enter a world I’m getting the 20k xp from killing mobs. And when I close and re-open the game I’m also getting notified about it. Also tested it and it’s not a visual bug

Oyyyyyy.

Fixing now ... but I think folks definitely took advantage of that one. I'll be resetting affected players' XP and such back to a reasonable point ... and @Me_Crown_King you will get a reward for reporting this serious issue. Thanks!
    Oh hahaha, I got 20000 XP second time and thought maybe it was another acheivment.
    Now it all makes sense
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,797
    edited June 1
    I got a forum bug just now when I went to edit my message, my message opened up for edit in two windows. I hope I at least get some guano for reporting this serious issue
    Screenshot_20180601-103216.png
    1080 x 1920 - 271K
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,903
    Detech said:

I got a forum bug just now when I went to edit my message, my message opened up for edit in two windows. I hope I at least get some guano for reporting this serious issue

better report it to vanilla
    I have a bug! Sometimes, when someone keeps exiting and rejoining (I think), the whole server crashes (or just the world they're in). I think this happened when @MihirGames kept trying to see the new tools by rejoining over and over again. Or it was just a fix that was pushed while we all were in game.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 290
    edited June 1
    Omg

Edited: I spent most of my onyx for those plat ores:)
    742A24E8-F3EE-435B-8308-E1102F029813.png
    2208 x 1242 - 11M
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 290
    Platinum jet pack next??
    @mikelaurence please

Platinum jet pack next??
    mikelaurence please

;)
    474866FF-23A0-4DEE-AAE0-287BFD2C1FA0.jpeg
    1102 x 413 - 80K
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 708
    When you accidentally murder a crow with a pickaxe while working on a massive racetrack and suddenly get 30k XP from 2 achievements.
  • Burr1toPL4YBurr1toPL4Y Member Posts: 87
    Aye @mikelaurence I know you've been asked this question MANY times and bunch of threads have been made about it. But you working on Android or is it coming this year? I've had Android for 2 years and ever since I've switched I've been missing it. I love android (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) and the only reason I would switch back to IPhone would be DeepWorld. I would really love to hear you reply to this comment. Thank you for your time, if you do.
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugeMember Posts: 1,559
    deepworld science has advanced to the point of craftable brain wines and big energy cannons....and leg lamps, for some reason

but still no simple blunderbuss :<

drop the boomstick mike
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 225
    Mike could you fix the glitch where you can’t use a diamond weapon kit to make a mark two gun to a mark three
    Seems the plat tools were removed and the 15 Onyx was refunded to me, bug squashed I suppose, now I gotta figure out how to get that much plat lol
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 419
    So question, when’s Server Update 2018.2 : “Bastian”, coming out?..lol
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
    I just got the Legendary and Grandmaster Scavenger achievements!
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    Everywhen said:

I just got the Legendary and Grandmaster Scavenger achievements!

And the Journeyman achievement! Which seems to be an achievement for not, uh, staying in your house all the time?
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,138
    Everyone check your inventories !!!