Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Update 2018.2: "Banbury"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,218
Small server update tonight!

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
- Journeyman (This is a new beginner achievement that players get for completing the tutorial worlds)
- Grandmaster Scavenger
- Legendary Scavenger

NEW MECHANICS
- First mine/craft now gives 150xp instead of 100xp
- First kill of a creature gives 250xp

As you can see, there's some focus here to make leveling up a little quicker at the beginning of the game. That's by design to hopefully make the game a little more appealing to new players.

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,230
    Nice!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,048
    Sirentist said:

I got the Journeyman achievement and feel inordinately proud of myself for it.

Was it automatic?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,447
    edited June 5

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
    - Journeyman (This is a new beginner achievement that players get for completing the tutorial worlds)
    - Grandmaster Scavenger
    - Legendary Scavenger

NEW MECHANICS

As you can see, there's some focus here to make leveling up a little quicker at the beginning of the game. That's by design to hopefully make the game a little more appealing to new players.

Totally agree!!!
    Deepworld is not the easiest of games for new players, especially when trying to figure out what exactly you should do!

One thing that REALLY threw me off when I started is official quest worlds having a whole bunch of plaques overlapping each other and misleading. Good thing deepworld has so many players that are kind and helpful.

It would really help if worlds with quests would have official plaques show up in different color on the map. :)

I wish the quest line would continue a bit further! It seems like it sort of ends in the middle of something.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,048
    Report from @ChatotTheParrot that "world search for generating worlds on pc seems to have stopped"
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,113
    Very nice, thanks Mike!
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,717
    Everywhen said:

Sirentist said:

I got the Journeyman achievement and feel inordinately proud of myself for it.

Was it automatic?
    Yes! It just binged at me the second I logged on. It was like a reward for simply EXISTING.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 971
    Hopped on to see what all had changed, mined a single block, and then boom, 2 level ups out of nowhere, hurray for free XP!
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,255
    Really great too see the game getting updates like this, keep it up Mike.
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Member Posts: 879
    Detech said:

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
    - Grandmaster Scavenger
    - Legendary Scavenger

NEW MECHANICS

Totally agree!!!
    Deepworld is not the easiest of games for new players, especially when trying to figure out what exactly you should do!

One thing that REALLY threw me off when I started is official quest worlds having a whole bunch of plaques overlapping each other and misleading. Good thing deepworld has so many players that are kind and helpful.

It would really help if worlds with quests would have official plaques show up in different color on the map. :)

I wish the quest line would continue a bit further! It seems like it sort of ends in the middle of something.
    Yes Yes And Yes. Recently I entered Pocklington and I couldn't find the HQ for like 2 minutes http://www.deepworldgame.com/worlds/Pocklington first there are misleading plaques that say butler bot/real butler bot hq/etc.. and second there's just to many of them and the HQ's plaque is just a regular white one which gets buried under them

I think replacing the old plaque with "new" red one will already make a big difference
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 379
    I was thinking that some of the legendary achievements be geared to some of our higher level players, meaning make it nearly impossible to achieve. I would like to do something other than set personal goals. I’m not trying to take xp from newer players, just want a random challenge. @mikelaurence
    Bastian7 said:

I was thinking that some of the legendary achievements be geared to some of our higher level players, meaning make it nearly impossible to achieve. I would like to do something other than set personal goals. I’m not trying to take xp from newer players, just want a random challenge. mikelaurence

Kill androids with Notches.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 213

Bastian7 said:

I was thinking that some of the legendary achievements be geared to some of our higher level players, meaning make it nearly impossible to achieve. I would like to do something other than set personal goals. I’m not trying to take xp from newer players, just want a random challenge. mikelaurence

Kill androids with Notches.
    That’s sounds cool
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 552
    I love getting achievements by doing nothing but grind #yearsago :blush:
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,058
    Is Android still going to be a thing or nah @mikelaurence
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Member Posts: 666
    Hey @mikelaurence, since Science Update is there any possibility to actually be able to craft protectors using some machinery that’s already in the game? It’s seems like it’s a little bit unfair that you have to spend money to get protectors... is there any plans to make paid items to be craftable?
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Member Posts: 879

p1nkbr0 said:

Working on that this week ... I had taken a long break from it, but it’s closer to ready than I realized.
    Hype!!! But please make sure that android release won’t be the same as it was with windows

Hey @mikelaurence, since Science Update is there any possibility to actually be able to craft protectors using some machinery that’s already in the game? It’s seems like it’s a little bit unfair that you have to spend money to get protectors... is there any plans to make paid items to be craftable?

Just trade with people who do buy them. Or loot them. Or get them with crowns.
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Member Posts: 666

Just trade with people who do buy them. Or loot them. Or get them with crowns.
    Yeah, but it’s way more natural to craft them than buying them with crowns... again, just an interesting thought.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,058

p1nkbr0 said:

Working on that this week ... I had taken a long break from it, but it’s closer to ready than I realized.
    Glad to hear! :)
  • tr4nsf0rmertr4nsf0rmer Member Posts: 209
    edited June 6
    Also I think the “anti-patch” solution is great, except one point. The karma is again neutral after reloging. I think it would be better if it stays permanent or at least for a week.

Tested in already explored world with no players
    After this new update @mikelaurence my inventory is fubard? I am missing notchs so far!!!
    19D047AC-7165-4137-895E-4EBF2B4FC741.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    2835DF35-0AB5-4896-9AC2-A5E5ECCF1AA1.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    And my marssss globes!
    T-rexsss all sorts of stuff?!
    F6B804D0-9CAD-46ED-8994-DF80C899E828.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
    derpdee said:

T-rexsss all sorts of stuff?!

derpdee said:

And my marssss globes!

derpdee said:

After this new update @mikelaurence my inventory is fubard? I am missing notchs so far!!!

I think something broke
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 203
    Mike, could we have a way to see what worlds have our protectors, because I have stuff missing in worlds.
    @mikelaurence I have a null “9 to be exact”. Not sure how I received them or why I have them! I can not give them away, I can not trade them and I can’t place them. I think this is what has my inventory all fubard.

Please help?
    32ACFF0B-C836-4201-930F-510927409777.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
    derpdee said:

@mikelaurence I have a null “9 to be exact”. Not sure how I received them or why I have them! I can not give them away, I can not trade them and I can’t place them. I think this is what has my inventory all fubard.

Please help?

Double checking, but you have emailed right?
    Everywhen said:

derpdee said:

Please help?

Double checking, but you have emailed right?
    D08F8CD3-B312-4B93-8C77-09A16E214C8B.png
    2048 x 1536 - 397K