Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Helping Deepworld become popular again

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,574
Now that Mike is getting back into developing the game once again and there are new things coming out, lets think of ways we could attract some new players into deepworld.

I think this would greatly benefit our community.

Any ideas?

Comments

• ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 248
    There used to be ads of dw but been a couple of years and I haven’t seen on.
    I started playing dw because of its ad.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    Here's one:
    Don't put your ads on facebook because gamers don't actually care about it.

I've been coming across more and more people who hate facebook/ refuse to use it. As well, it's for socializing between friends/ family. Not for games. Smh.

You'd do better with youtube ads, although again a lot of people use adblockers so not always the best idea.

Another idea is to actually start using the deepworld twitter account/ social-media accounts more regularly instead of just "today we have this loot if you login and play".
    Become active, more vocal, talk about things you're designing/ working on. Maybe even every other friday yell out on your twitter page about some new thread on the forum, maybe even start up an official discord (no offence everywhen).

You can use the discord to have an instant message based chat with some of your users and become more friendly, hell you could even just come join Everywhen's discord. (Inb4 the devs have already joined it secretly)

If there is one thing gamers love, it's a developer who isn't hidden behind their company. Being able to talk to their dev to talk about issues/ ideas in such a casual manner makes it feel like you're not just another user.
    I have had several wonderful experiences with a developer sorting out an issue via discord. It's 10x better than having some automated email respond saying your request will be dealt with in 5-14 buisness days.

Constant updates, bug fixes and game improvements etc.

*cough*androidrelease*cough*
    *cough*updatepcmore*cough*

Probably a billion other things that I can't think of. But those are probably the most useful ones I can think of at 5:30am lol.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 854
    They need to get a famous youtuber to do a good sponsored video on the game and that could bring thousands of players if well executed
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    Electrox said:

They need to get a famous youtuber to do a good sponsored video on the game and that could bring thousands of players if well executed

How about no. Idk what you think happens, but you just get a bunch of screaming 12 year olds join the game asking everyone if they've seen x youtuber and then leave a week later after the youtuber no longer makes videos on it.

Trust me when I say it sounds like a good idea but ends up very badly. In a few cases I've seen wait times be implimented on games where you'd never have needed one in the past. Which means you wouldn't even be able to play the game.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,574
    I was thinking along the lines of we as players and members of this community could do to support the game.
    For example, we can make posts on reddit, and then ask for support here, and then maybe that way our posts could be more poppular and attract attention to the game. Anyone has Reddit and wants to try that?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,440
    edited June 18
    We could use a new email support person. Hmm... I’m good at responding to emails in an official way... and I don’t need money...

EDIT: I also enjoy waking up to something to do, like respond to cries for help. I volunteer as a DW support person thingy!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,061
    Detech said:

For example, we can make posts on reddit, and then ask for support here, and then maybe that way our posts could be more poppular and attract attention to the game. Anyone has Reddit and wants to try that?

/r/deepworld is a thing. If you like, I can make you a mod
    Everywhen said:

Detech said:

You would have to start by explaining what "mod" and "/r/deepworld is a thing" means :)
    Everywhen said:

Detech said:

Awesome! I came deepworld page on Reddit and upvoted your posts!
    Guys, lets post more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Deepworld/

edited June 18
    Multarix said:

Electrox said:

How about no. Idk what you think happens, but you just get a bunch of screaming 12 year olds join the game asking everyone if they've seen x youtuber and then leave a week later after the youtuber no longer makes videos on it.

Trust me when I say it sounds like a good idea but ends up very badly. In a few cases I've seen wait times be implimented on games where you'd never have needed one in the past. Which means you wouldn't even be able to play the game.
    Some might actually stay because they will love the game, People just need to know that this game exists and it’s wonderful.
    I’m make a reddit account try spread Deepworld
    I’m currently typing up a pretty good review on Steam, and then I’ll copy it over to the App Store DW review thing. It explains that Deepworld is NOT a pay to win game, and dabbles in the basics of mining, getting free crowns, and trading.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,061
    edited June 18

I’m currently typing up a pretty good review on Steam, and then I’ll copy it over to the App Store DW review thing. It explains that Deepworld is NOT a pay to win game, and dabbles in the basics of mining, getting free crowns, and trading.

Yeah. There's a ton of salty steam reviews because people don't get the concept of "beta" and "early access".

Although looking at the reviews might be a good indication of needed changes on Windows.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 651
    Multarix said:

Here's one:

I've been coming across more and more people who hate facebook/ refuse to use it. As well, it's for socializing between friends/ family. Not for games. Smh.

For AAA games your right, but for the audience deepworld has Facebook/instagram are gr8 places to advertise, so is youtube. 13 and 12 year old simply are the target audience of this game, whether we like it or not
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

Here's one:

For AAA games your right, but for the audience deepworld has Facebook/instagram are gr8 places to advertise, so is youtube. 13 and 12 year old simply are the target audience of this game, whether we like it or not
    I’m trying to get better at making less cringey Deepworld vids, you all should check my YT out ;)
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,013
    Everywhen said:

Detech said:

Ayy, where’s my invitation!
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

Here's one:

Advertising on facebook is basically like trying to throw deepworld in the mix with candy crush and farmville. You really don't want that lol. Both games are complete wastes of time. Advertise on other websites. Hell go advertise on kissanime so I can stop seeing cringy ads about dumb games when I go and watch anime.
    Literally anything but facebook tbh.
    edited June 18
    I been posting on gaming websites about Deepworld :0
    Come play Deepworld or you will never play another game forever
    Made two posts on reddit, please support. And let me know if you make posts as well.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Deepworld/
    reddit screenshots

This isn't very creative, but it is a start :)
    Detech said:

Made two posts on reddit, please support. And let me know if you make posts as well.
    reddit screenshots

Awesome!
    Found you, and sent you a mod invite for the subreddit
    Everywhen said:

Detech said:

reddit screenshots

Awesome!
    Thanks, i will have to learn what mods are.

If everyone made posts about the game somewhere daily, we could make a valuable impact.
    Detech said:

Everywhen said:

Detech said:

reddit screenshots

Awesome!

If everyone made posts about the game somewhere daily, we could make a valuable impact.
    A mod is basically just an admin.
    Multarix said:

Detech said:

Everywhen said:

Detech said:

reddit screenshots

Awesome!

Oooh like a moderator. I thought it would be some sort of modification, that could make automaticposts or something lol
    well mod is short for moderator
    Multarix said:

well mod is short for moderator

Detech said:

Multarix said:

Detech said:

Everywhen said:

Detech said:

reddit screenshots

Awesome!

Oooh like a moderator. I thought it would be some sort of modification, that could make automaticposts or something lol
    Mod is short for moderator and modification, which sometimes makes talking about game mods a whole lot harder.