Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

How have you been using Checkpoint Obelisks?

EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,032
I'm curious to see how people have been using checkpoint obelisks in their building.
Are you using them in obstacle courses and adventure maps? Or as a way to have the hub of your world not at the spawn?
What are your opinions on the mechanic where after passing an obelisk, it actually becomes rather difficult to get back to the spawn?

I'm currently planning to use them in my obstacle course "Tellurion" and also wanted people's opinions. Should the checkpoint go before the first boss fight or after it?

Comments

• FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,222
    The race-track project would've been hard to work with if not for the checkpoint obelisk, so players won't lose complete progress in the race due to super nova deaths.
    Secondly, imo, shifting the spawn point to the obelisk is slightly annoying because now I can only get back to spawn through a teleporter or relog/ switch worlds. Maybe the obelisks should just create a secondary spawn point, and just like /sp takes us to the spawn, something like /cp could take us to the last visited checkpoint.
    Thirdly, I think there should be a checkpoint both before and after the fight, but I've not tried the later stages of tellurion yet, so I'll go through it once and based on difficulty, maybe a checkpoint after the boss might suffice (unless it's very easy to die on the way to the boss fight)
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,112
    They look good with red crystals behind them.
  • RedolantRedolant 40 Characters Isn't Enough Cuz I Live In LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochMember Posts: 169
    I wish Frustration Nation had more..
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,032

They look good with red crystals behind them.

I shall try that