Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Should market worlds appear on the Popular tab?

GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,778
If you notice, market worlds don't appear on the popular tab in Deepworld, at least not on the mobile versions. I believe that this is the reason why Times Square is the only popular market now, it's the only market players know other people go to. Without markets appearing on the popular tab, the only way others would possibly find them would be for them to find a friend there or have gone there recently.
Now, if markets were to appear on the popular tab, this might help spread out the clutter that is Times Square. Player-made markets could actually have a chance, too. Sure, the market tab exists under the experiences tab, but that is no longer helpful since there are now tons of player-made markets in circulation. Since only maybe one or two markets would be popular at any given moment, I don't see any harm in making them show up on the popular list.
So do consider this idea, it could very well bring life to the long doomed player-made markets all across Deepworld, maybe make Times Square less chaotic, and also help new players know markets (especially Times Square) actually exist. What are your thoughts?

Should market worlds appear on the Popular tab? 37 votes

Yes
91%
SpyroEverywhenGrebebetr4nsf0rmerEddyAquaPhynnCleoAdkins007GilbyPIPTR0vmh20Monsieur_JackTheBlindEyeBastian7GlobeEXPGamingderpdeeChickenElectroxItsjustketchupbean17magic 34 votes
No
8%
MultarixBloonsmineIvory 3 votes

Comments

• PhoenixPhoenix Member Posts: 15
    Yes
    First. Also I agree 100%!
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 213
    Yes
    Understandably. Love, KetchDw
  • ForgetfulVastForgetfulVast Member Posts: 12
    Yes
    i don't really care
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 243
    Yes
    Yes. Good idea.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 I Guess I’m backMember Posts: 600
    I believe that only 1 or 2 markets should appear on popular because no one wants to see a tab of markets with like 2 people in each. So yes if you limit the markets in the tab to 2.
  • ForestGumpForestGump In space..Member Posts: 195
    edited June 23
    Yes
    But again only popular worlds will show up, If it happens to be more then 2 markets popular , It is what it is. I don’t think Deepworld will stay dead, a lot of people will be everywhere Which is good
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,282
    Yes
    Market tabs should have a higher number of people in them in order to appear in popular tab.
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,778
    Yes
    Detech said:

Market tabs should have a higher number of people in them in order to appear in popular tab.

Before just having one person in a world dictated a world as "popular," a world needed 3 people to be listed on popular. So maybe 3 people to a market would make more sense.
  • 0nyx0nyx Member Posts: 13
    Yes
    I would be placing my protectors in .market worlds other than times but the land value isn't there!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,905
    Yes
    I agree, markets can’t achieve glory without this, I’m sorry but I think mike really messed up when he thought that preventing markets from appearing on the popular tab would be a good idea.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 50
    No
    They already have their own tab, why would they need to be included with the normal worlds? The market world exists purely to separate trade chat from the normal conversation, now you want to include it again? Hm.
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,778
    Yes
    Ivory said:

They already have their own tab, why would they need to be included with the normal worlds? The market world exists purely to separate trade chat from the normal conversation, now you want to include it again? Hm.

@Ivory The market tab doesn't organize markets by popularity, it organizes them randomly. Back when there weren't player-made markets, this wasn't an issue since all markets could fit on the market screen. But now, with all of the player-made markets added to the equation, the markets tab is a mess.
    Yes
    Ivory said:

They wouldn’t even be included as much, there would be just one, two, or rarely three on the popular tab, instead of this nowadays, all users just have one default market to go to because they know no other, and even then, someone who wants to make an average all-cause world for casual talking, playing, mini games, and trading and wants to just have the little bonus of turning his world into a market, it won’t appear on the popular tab just because of that and it will stand no chance of gaining popularity.
  • IgneelsaneIgneelsane Member Posts: 11
    Yes
    Eyy mike agrees too!
    No
    Gilby said:

Ivory said:

@Ivory The market tab doesn't organize markets by popularity, it organizes them randomly. Back when there weren't player-made markets, this wasn't an issue since all markets could fit on the market screen. But now, with all of the player-made markets added to the equation, the markets tab is a mess.
    Why exactly does it matter if there are player made markets in the markets tab? @_Brainstorm_ I can understand that last point but there really shouldn't be a problem as long as the person is making an effort to popularize it.

Back when I played as Belator I advertised my guild's homeworld once and from that point forward I was able to get many more visitors, and often times guild members brought their friends. It just takes a concerted effort my guy.
    Yes
    Ivory said:

Gilby said:

Ivory said:

Why exactly does it matter if there are player made markets in the markets tab? @_Brainstorm_ I can understand that last point but there really shouldn't be a problem as long as the person is making an effort to popularize it.

Back when I played as Belator I advertised my guild's homeworld once and from that point forward I was able to get many more visitors, and often times guild members brought their friends. It just takes a concerted effort my guy.
    Hey. Are you sure you read the entire thing Gilby said? Because I feel as if you didn’t because everything you’re replying to him about he already talked about. And everything Brain just said, you replied with the things he just answered and cleared out. Listen, you’re not gonna be able to popularize another market world when one is already so popular, and the fact that it’s the only one people basically hang around in when they aren’t mining. I’m not saying people don’t hang around in other worlds as well, but Times Square has had the most activity throughout most of everyday. This change would make things easier because if a player-made market became popular, it would take less of a hassle to look for it.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,039
    No
    I'd probably feel inclined to not go to a market world where "land" is "sold" at various prices due to being close to spawn, and the place is ACTUALLY decorated nicely.

With that said market world owners whose worlds are "popular" could then extort payment out of players in order to do the same in their own market world... which could very well, maybe, possibly, extremely likely happen.

On the flip side maybe someone will design a market world that isn't a cesspool of land-scamming cancerous toxicity...

Yes
    Multarix said:

I'd probably feel inclined to not go to a market world where "land" is "sold" at various prices due to being close to spawn, and the place is ACTUALLY decorated nicely.

With that said market world owners whose worlds are "popular" could then extort payment out of players in order to do the same in their own market world... which could very well, maybe, possibly, extremely likely happen.

I don’t think it would even be popular if this was the case. I’ve been in DW a lot recently and no one in Times Square hasn’t sold land for a while or at all since I returned. Besides, many people discourage land selling and buying because they end up overpaying for something that’s not even worth paying for.
    No

Ivory said:

Gilby said:

Ivory said:

Hey. Are you sure you read the entire thing Gilby said? Because I feel as if you didn’t because everything you’re replying to him about he already talked about. And everything Brain just said, you replied with the things he just answered and cleared out. Listen, you’re not gonna be able to popularize another market world when one is already so popular, and the fact that it’s the only one people basically hang around in when they aren’t mining. I’m not saying people don’t hang around in other worlds as well, but Times Square has had the most activity throughout most of everyday. This change would make things easier because if a player-made market became popular, it would take less of a hassle to look for it.
    I'll give you a pass since you've been here in a time where the game doesn't have as many active players so you won't see what I've seen for a lot longer: You can popularize worlds a lot easier than you think and keep it that way. Want a good example? Cake land. You can popularize anything in this game if you can popularize that world, and people, especially this game's biggest demographic, are always willing to do x, y, or z with incentives. My incentives were access to about 12 worlds, items weekly, and being a part of a good guild. For markets it could be anything really.

Of course I read what he said and I disagree with making two tabs that markets are in.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,039
    No
    Another idea is the market tab automatically shows the most popular market worlds at that time.
    Why not do that? It'd make more sense.
    Yes
    Ok. So I won’t quote our comments since it will start cluttering and become more annoying to read. My game account is older then my forum account. I joined early 2015 around January. I’ve seen the start and end of Cake Land and many other things. What I mean is that I’ve never seen a world other then cake become popular and stay that way for more then a few months. I only recognize things as popular when they last for a while. I just feel as if this change could also benefit players by possibly making player-made markets more popular since their world could possibly appear on the popular tab. This being said, there could be less effort needed to help make a market world in general to become popular.
    No

Ok. So I won’t quote our comments since it will start cluttering and become more annoying to read. My game account is older then my forum account. I joined early 2015 around January. I’ve seen the start and end of Cake Land and many other things. What I mean is that I’ve never seen a world other then cake become popular and stay that way for more then a few months. I only recognize things as popular when they last for a while. I just feel as if this change could also benefit players by possibly making player-made markets more popular since their world could possibly appear on the popular tab. This being said, there could be less effort needed to help make a market world in general to become popular.

It would be wise to quote stuff because otherwise people won't ever know you replied and just hopped out of a conversation.

2015 is still relatively late seeing as there were plenty of popular worlds before Cake, and since life is about progress and change, the worlds will do just that. Certainly you understand that having a tab just for markets where the popular worlds can show up instead would be a lot better than having a market tab and a tab that will often have people's markets. I won't say it again but markets shouldn't take up two things, it's a biome like a Hell world or arctic, but with a real purpose to it that makes it deserving of its own tab.

I would also revise your definition of popular, since my world was extremely populated for many weeks at a time until I left, but it was popular nonetheless. As I said earlier, things change and one world could be pretty popular today, and tomorrow another takes its place in the greenlight of the popular tab. I just wouldn't deem markets worthy of having two.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,112
    Yes
    I sure hope we can craft market converters in the new update.
    edited July 5
    Yes

The thing that people just keep missing is that there’s no possibility of a market appearing in the popular tab, unlike literally any other normal and very useless world, and there is no possibility, ever, that a market will be visited by anyone ever since it does not appear on any tab, and I said any tab because it won’t appear on the markets tab because it renders random markets, as there are hundreds of those, and it won’t appear on the popular tab because it just doesn’t. That makes even a greatly planned market would not even get a chance to stand to even fall, leaving Times Square as an unfortunately single default.