Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Why I STOPPED making Deepworld videos

Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,578
edited July 5 in General
I think you guys who have watched my videos in the past deserve to know. My first video in almost 2 years! Also this is my 5-year forum anniversary so woohooooo.
WARNING: strong language and some sarcasm

[video link removed by Everywhen. We have a swear filter for a reason. Your video has strong language, so it can’t go here]
Post edited by Everywhen on

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,061
    @Retro_Chow I have removed the video link from your post. We have a swear filter for a reason. Your video has strong language, so it can’t go here.
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 219
    Everywhen said:

@Retro_Chow I have removed the video link from your post. We have a swear filter for a reason. Your video has strong language, so it can’t go here.

I don’t know if that’s perfectly justified he did warn about it and it’s outside of the forums
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,578
    Everywhen said:

Interesting. Thanks for watching ;)
    Anyone who wants to see it just look up retro chow on youtube I guess.
    I can’t edit my previous posts for some reason but here is the link to my channel. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC9Os9jMPohEZ3qTLpHrEEEQ
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,016
    Can you tell us politely the reason for, well, the innocent teens of the forum
  • KaitBKaitB Canada, ehMember Posts: 1,473

Can you tell us politely the reason for, well, the innocent teens of the forum

Though I'm sure the video is nifty and had a lot of work put into it, it was a violation of Guideline 9 in the Guidelines and Terms of Service and thus deemed not appropriate content for these forums.
    _lisa_ said:

9. Do not swear or call other people names. This behaviour will not be tolerated. (I really didn't think this needed to be said, but apparently it does.)

No one swore in the thread
  • KaitBKaitB Canada, ehMember Posts: 1,473
    edited July 5
    It was an advertisement for content which did contain strong language, and thus was deemed not appropriate for these forums in which a large portion of the client base are minors and under the age of 18.

ETA - Thank you, @Retro_Chow, for linking your account instead! :)
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 53
    The link to Retro’s account must be removed then, ‘cause swearing exists in his other videos.
    Retro did warn in his post there was swearing if people don’t follow it is it really his fault? Isn’t that like the scamming rule trade at your own risk:/
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,991
    edited July 5
    Him warning everybody that there was strong language in it doesn’t justify him posting the video. Sorry. Those are the rules.
    ipads said:

Him warning everybody that there was strong language in it doesn’t justify him posting the video. Sorry. Those are the rules.

I Guess that’s true sorry bout that