Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Update 2018.6: "Featherstone"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,313
Edit: Now live!

NEW FEATURES:

The science system arrives! Here's a brief rundown:

- In order to craft some items, you must be within 10 blocks of crafting machines and/or blueprints (designated in the crafting tooltip)
- Any steam-powered crafting machines must be connected to steam and must not be overlapping with each other
- When you attempt to craft the item, there is a chance of failure.
- Crafting failure will disable one crafting machine randomly for a short time, and it MAY cause an explosion or spawn brains... or other things in the future :)

Here is the logic behind success rates in science crafting:

Success rate formula: (( YOUR CRAFTING SKILL - ITEM CRAFTING SKILL ) + YOUR SCIENCE SKILL ) divided by 20
Example 1: A micro protector requires engineering lv 6. If you have engineering lv 8 and science lv 4, your success rate is ((8 - 6) + 4) / 20, or 6 / 20 = 30%
Example 2: A standard protector requires engineering lv 8. If you have engineering lv 8 and science lv 10, your success rate is ((8 - 8) + 10) / 20, or 10 / 20 = 50%

NEW ITEMS:
- Mill (crafting machine)
- Power Magnet (crafting machine)

NEW LOOT:
- Brass Protector Blueprint
- Magnifying Glass
- Magnifying Headset

NEW SHOP ITEMS:
- Microscope

CHANGES:
- Crowns are now slightly more lootable
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    Whoooooo!!! This looks awesome!!!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,313
    Everywhen said:

Whoooooo!!! This looks awesome!!!

PS: Please grab the latest beta build if you're on Windows... I upgraded to a new version of Unity after a long wait, so some random issues might have cropped up (let me know!)
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 877
    edited July 14
    Crowns are now more lootable?
    that's cool
    @mikelaurence
    Im assuming the magnifying headset is the +2 science accesory and the microscope is the +3 ?
    edited July 14
    Electrox said:

Crowns are now more lootable?
    that's cool
    @mikelaurence
    Im assuming the magnifying headset is the +2 science accesory and the microscope is the +3 ?

Yep!

FYI: All accessories (including level 3) will become craftable as we release more blueprints.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 146
    edited July 14
    This is going to be a lot of fun!
  • TheVoidTheVoid Member Posts: 1
    The game is dead, how will people enjoy this update if there isn’t that many people playing... We got to make this game alive, like 3-4 years ago...
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 201
    edited July 15
    NOICE

but when they will live
    Hey @mikelaurence, a very good friend of mine @Retta is having issues connecting to iTunes through Deepworld. When she try’s to buy crowns it sends her a weird message. This all started happening after she installed the science update beta thing.
    EFE61388-D07B-4CB9-BA63-6AD942DE8F2E.png
    1334 x 750 - 893K
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,580
    TheVoid said:

The game is dead, how will people enjoy this update if there isn’t that many people playing... We got to make this game alive, like 3-4 years ago...

Psst... updates are to bring in more people, and Android is being built. Computer is also being fixed. I’ve seen a lot of new players. Great job Mike! Can’t wait to finally loot some crowns :D
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,664
    totally awesome! ! :)

Hey @mikelaurence, a very good friend of mine @Retta is having issues connecting to iTunes through Deepworld. When she try’s to buy crowns it sends her a weird message. This all started happening after she installed the science update beta thing.

You cannot buy crowns with beta versions - she will need to reinstall from the App Store.

You cannot buy crowns with beta versions - she will need to reinstall from the App Store.
    Awesome thank you so much!
  • LavaWareLavaWare I don't know...Member Posts: 366
    edited July 15
    Oh yay! May I ask, @mikelaurence what is the net worth of Deepworld?
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Member Posts: 674
    When there is a crafting failure, will it also take away the resources with it?

Most likely.
    edited July 15

Oh yay! May I ask, @mikelaurence what is the net worth of Deepworld?

$4.16.

Most likely.
    RIP any rares used.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 877
    @mikelaurence First thing i see on the beta of the windows version is that the crystal blocks and other light effects are broken
    Beta version: image
    Normal version:
  • tr4nsf0rmertr4nsf0rmer Member Posts: 209
    So, if ((15-6)+13)/20=110%, should that mean, that we are able to craft 2 protectors at once with a 10% chance?
    Electrox said:

mikelaurence First thing i see on the beta of the windows version is that the crystal blocks and other light effects are broken
    Beta version: image
    Normal version:

Uh... if they’re glowing, and the glows are in the right spot, then they’re actually fixed. They used to be far away from the block, and occasionally didn’t glow.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,901
    hmm, i'm wondering why the updates are named after places in England, more specifically why they appear to be in alphabetical order.
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,193
    Hopefully a use for Widgets and sprockets
    Note: going to have the test world up in about 30 minutes!
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,106

Nope, that would be a bit extreme I think.
    Perhaps taking away common items such as iron/ copper etc if said crafting failed would work? (Nobody likes losing their actual rare items).
    That way you have a reason to not just try when you have a 1% chance on everything.

WOAH!
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,128

World name?
    derpdee said:

World name?
    Clumnust Hollow
    Note: you'll need to restart and login DIRECTLY to Clumnust Hollow to see the new crafting options and such.
    I claimed my mill! Thanks Mike! Now... let’s talk about those steam jet particle effects.