Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

RACE CITY RACING - Every Friday

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,417

Every first Friday at 8pm, every second Friday at 12pm!
Chest’o’Plenty at stage 17
ECF487C5-5C3E-4538-A60D-1AC99B60CCD5.jpeg
1191 x 1147 - 1M

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,417
    edited July 21
    First ever race took place on July 20th at 8pm!
    Sponsors of the race: Fraello and Mihir.

First place: Chuuya - 6 onyx
    Second place: okZC - 3 onyx
    Third place: KillerPoohBear - 2 onyx

Record time was set by Chuuya, finishing the race in 11m59s, okZC right behind with 12m.

Was a very intense race with over 25 people taking part and Chuuya and okZC were head to head the whole time. OkZC count up to Chuuya and went ahead by the end of stage 9, and then Chuuya finished first by just a flash. Third place was more than a minute behind.

I am also sorry for ruining the race. Forgot to lock the first three spot enterance at the finish and all the spot placement beyond first three spots got mixed up.

Over all the race went great and no bugs were noticed :))) chest’o’plenty was a great addition and everyone who took part got something!

A bit sad that @racerdog didn’t get to see the first race. We were quite worried how it will go.

Supernovas were fun!image

Thanks to @ZstormGames we got a recording of the first ever race:
    https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=04ncOCN265M
    7B492078-3E64-4F97-8D4D-C4ABAC00763D.jpeg
    1368 x 1290 - 869K
    1ABA20BE-D107-4EC8-9054-8965A29264BB.jpeg
    1688 x 1303 - 805K
    Next Race will take place on Friday, July 27th at 12pm
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 526
    Oops I forgot rip
    edited July 21
    Race on friday, July 27th 12pm EST is sponsored by @AMENAZZY
    1st place 3 onyx
    2nd place 2 onyx
    3rd place 3 onyx
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,206
    Detech said:

1st place 3 onyx
    2nd place 2 onyx
    3rd place 3 onyx

Guys, don’t get second place.
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 72
    Detech said:

1st place 3 onyx
    2nd place 2 onyx
    3rd place 3 onyx

uhh why 2nd place 2 onyx
    and 3rd 3 onyz

lol
    edited July 22
    My bad, its:
    Detech said:

1st place 3 onyx
    2nd place 2 onyx
    3rd place 1onyx

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Time of the race is changed to:
    Race on friday, July 27th 3pm EST
    Sorry for the inconvinience.

Since we got some more onyx come in, I decided to add some to prizes:
    1st place 3 onyx
    2nd place 2 onyx
    3rd place 1 onyx
    4th place 1 onyx
    5th place 1 onyx
    6th place 1 onyx

Don't forget, the race is tomorrow at 3PM!!!
    I finally fixed the placement calculator mechanism... probably the hardest programming I did in this game.
    We will see how well it works today.

Remember! Race starts in 7.5 hours!
    Race in 4.5 hours. Please spread the word.
    2 hours until the race!!!
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 72
    Detech said:

can you go to Race city to donate 2 onyx!!
    mrjacket said:

Detech said:

Will be there soon. Just came home.
    mrjacket said:

Detech said:

Thank you for the 2 Onyx! We now have the 2 onyx for the next race and looking for more sponsors! :)
    edited July 27
    Second race took place on July 27th at 3pm!
    Sponsors of the race: @AMENAZZY (6 onyx) and @racerdog @leela. and @braydonman30 (1 onyx each)

First place: Chuuya - 3 onyx
    Second place: Jacky_ - 2 onyx
    Third place: Kingkee - 1 onyx
    Fourth place: Kanob322 - 1 onyx
    Fifth place: Rocks - 1 onyx
    Sixth place: Problems - 1 onyx

a New Record time was set by Chuuya, finishing the race in 11m54s.

I had to skip a bit of work and felt a bit sick today so I wasn't in the best mood, and with so many people messaging me and spamming chat, it was really difficult to concentrate. I kicked a few people for swearing, including a person I considered a friend. I would like to apologize for that.

In the future, there will be one warning if you swear, then kick. If that doesn't help - you will get banned from Race City... THERE IS NO SWEARING IN RACE CITY.

Please keep in mind that we built this world and are running the races for you - deepworld players. Please try to be respectful to one another and people running events. If you come into the world 5 minutes into the race, there is no need begging to let you into the race. You have no chance of winning and we are probably busy watching the race and making sure everything goes as it should.

Also today I didn't have anyone to help me and it was really hard watching everything at once, so I would like to thank @Kooby one more time for doing a great job as a commentator in the first race - I felt the difference :)

ABOUT THE RACE TODAY:
    I will not be waiting for supernovas like last time, because when I do that, people who get ahead catch two supernovas, and people who tag behind catch an extra one. Today a person got upset because supernova hit when everyone was in the first world. Chuuya has some kind of superpower, he seemed to avoid every supernova in every race so far, so he got a huge head start.

Also I had mobs on during the race, but it sort of messed things up a bit because mobs walked through some of the touchplates, so I think we will not have mobs in the races again.

After the race we went to Trade Tower world to hand out prizes and there was so much PVP so I gave away an onyx to a random person by accident :) Was a nice touch to a rough day :)

Over all the race went well. Was worried less people would come for 3pm, but had 18-20 people take part in the race and about 25 people in the world.

Here is the score for two races that we held so far:
    IFfHMydGJ3Q.jpg
    1280 x 947 - 650K
    U5SQMnuZ_uw.jpg
    682 x 1080 - 353K
    ucXGPjRz6g8.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 494K
    v5L4ZDQ7tEM.jpg
    1280 x 1026 - 490K
    TUz1RfxxgFI.jpg
    1280 x 884 - 1M
    <<< THIRD RACE >>>

Next race will take place on Friday August 3rd 2018 at 8pm EST

Please let me know if anyone wants to sponsor the race!!!
    So far we got 2 onyx towards prizes!
  • JackyJacky Playing Don't Starve Together... by myself...Member Posts: 84
    Detech said:

Second race took place on July 27th at 3pm!
    Sponsors of the race: @AMENAZZY (6 onyx) and @racerdog @leela. and @braydonman30 (1 onyx each)

First place: Chuuya - 3 onyx
    Second place: Jacky_ - 2 onyx
    Fourth place: Kanob322 - 1 onyx
    Fifth place: Rocks - 1 onyx
    Sixth place: Problems - 1 onyx

a New Record time was set by Chuuya, finishing the race in 11m54s.

I had to skip a bit of work and felt a bit sick today so I wasn't in the best mood, and with so many people messaging me and spamming chat, it was really difficult to concentrate. I kicked a few people for swearing, including a person I considered a friend. I would like to apologize for that.

In the future, there will be one warning if you swear, then kick. If that doesn't help - you will get banned from Race City... THERE IS NO SWEARING IN RACE CITY.

Please keep in mind that we built this world and are running the races for you - deepworld players. Please try to be respectful to one another and people running events. If you come into the world 5 minutes into the race, there is no need begging to let you into the race. You have no chance of winning and we are probably busy watching the race and making sure everything goes as it should.

Also today I didn't have anyone to help me and it was really hard watching everything at once, so I would like to thank @Kooby one more time for doing a great job as a commentator in the first race - I felt the difference :)

ABOUT THE RACE TODAY:
    I will not be waiting for supernovas like last time, because when I do that, people who get ahead catch two supernovas, and people who tag behind catch an extra one. Today a person got upset because supernova hit when everyone was in the first world. Chuuya has some kind of superpower, he seemed to avoid every supernova in every race so far, so he got a huge head start.

Also I had mobs on during the race, but it sort of messed things up a bit because mobs walked through some of the touchplates, so I think we will not have mobs in the races again.

After the race we went to Trade Tower world to hand out prizes and there was so much PVP so I gave away an onyx to a random person by accident :) Was a nice touch to a rough day :)

Over all the race went well. Was worried less people would come for 3pm, but had 18-20 people take part in the race and about 25 people in the world.

Here is the score for two races that we held so far:

Next time, Redolant... I promise :^)
    Race City needs more sponsors. We are at 3/6 minimum onyx required for the race.
    Today at 8pm EST. don't miss out
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,044
    I'll be there!
    Third race took place on Aug 3rd at 8pm!
    Sponsors of the race: Vimo (2onyx) Grymus (1onyx) Chuuya (1onyx) Mofc1991 (1onyx) detech (1onyx)

First place: Electrox - 2 onyx
    Second place: Jacky_ - 1 onyx
    Fourth place: killerpoohbear- 1 onyx
    Fifth place: Mhmsa - 1 onyx

Electrox set a new PC time record of 10m30s
    imageimage
    fWpmNjMNlyQ.jpg
    1242 x 1060 - 664K
    20180803_214429.jpg
    966 x 617 - 445K
    sA4elSSEMiQ.jpg
    1326 x 1440 - 723K
    edited August 4
    Here is a list of all sponsors and winners so far

Fraello 6 onyx
    AM3NAZZY 6 onyx
    Mihir 5 onyx
    Vemo 2 onyx
    racerdog 1 onyx
    Leela. 1 onyx
    Braydonman30 1 onyx
    Grymus 1 onyx
    Chuuya 1 onyx
    Mofc1991 1 onyx
    detech 1 onyx

Winners
    Chuuya - 9 onyx (1st twice)
    Jacky - 3 onyx (2nd twice)
    OkZC - 3 onyx (2nd)
    Killerpoohbear - 3 onyx (3rd and 4th)
    Electrox - 2 onyx (1st)
    Kingkee - 2 onyx (3rd twice)
    Kanob322 - 1 onyx (4th)
    Rocks - 1 onyx (5th)
    Problems - 1 onyx (6th)
    Mhmsa - 1 onyx (5th)
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,636
    I was thinking for your races, maybe do something like a prize pool that all racers put something like a less valuable rare and whoever wins gets it all? It probably wouldn’t be as rewarding as a normal race but it would be fun and be a way to hold a race even if you don’t receive enough onyx donations for an entire race
    PIPTR0 said:

I was thinking for your races, maybe do something like a prize pool that all racers put something like a less valuable rare and whoever wins gets it all? It probably wouldn’t be as rewarding as a normal race but it would be fun and be a way to hold a race even if you don’t receive enough onyx donations for an entire race

Thing is, there are a few really fast racers and some people get discouraged. That is why I try to make as many prize possitions as possible (5-6 preferably). Having a prize for just the first place will make the races less attractive to most people.
    But we can host separate races if some people would like to bring their items for and pitch in for the pool.

Please also keep in mind that racing on PC is buggy and very different.
    edited August 5
    We have now hosted tree races and everything seems to be working as intended.

@mikelaurence is willing yo provide a large steam jet for the winner of every Friday race. A single person can only win this prize once. If the same person wins a race again in the future, this prize will go to the next place on the podeum.
    Any cheating or name changing to win and get the large steam jet again will get you banned from race city and you might lose the large steam jet you already won
    PC users, you will be disqualified if seen going through walls due to the bug, so make sure you restart the game halfway through the race.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

If anyone wants to sponsor the next race with some onyx, please let me know!
    steam-jet-large.png
    100 x 100 - 30K
    Race #4

Friday August 10th, 2pm EST
    FIRST PLACE GETS LARGE STEAM JET

Sponsors hit me up in game!
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,206
    I’m definitely participating in this next race. Then I can finally complete my inter-dimensional gateway!
    Should we make it that we host a race only if we get at least 5 onyx from sponsors?

Then we could at least have the following prizes:
    1st - Large Steam Jet
    2nd - 2 onyx
    3rd - 1 onyx
    4th - 1 onyx
    5th - 1 onyx

And if we don't get sponsorship and support the races, then why should @mikelaurence ?
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,123
    Can you participate in a race you have helped to sponsor?